Getting 1 shot in downed state by SB

rwolf.9571

Is this a thing now? I don't even have a downed state fighting a SB that is obviously in High Plat, Ruthless title (I'm in mid-high gold, yeah I know mm is even worse during the holidays)

Doing 6k damage pressing 1 (long range shot) point blank with LB...

I know mes is squishy, and the 1 division skill difference, but this is kinda ridiculous. Having the survivablity of a guard, and the dps of a deadeye... Probably ready to throw spvp in the garbage for the 10th time lol.

@rwolf.9571 said:Is this a thing now? I don't even have a downed state fighting a SB that is obviously in High Plat, Ruthless title (I'm in mid-high gold, yeah I know mm is even worse during the holidays)

I know mes is squishy, and the 1 division skill difference, but this is kinda ridiculous. Having the survivablity of a guard, and the dps of a deadeye... Probably ready to throw spvp in the garbage for the 10th time lol.

All you have to do is dodge all the auto's it's fine

/s

@Solori.6025 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:Is this a thing now? I don't even have a downed state fighting a SB that is obviously in High Plat, Ruthless title (I'm in mid-high gold, yeah I know mm is even worse during the holidays)

/s

So hide in spawn, gotcha ;)

@rwolf.9571 said:

/s

LOL on a serious note.You have to watch what the soulbeast is doing and watch your debuffs as well.The build that does this is a glass cannon, so you could apply pressure and watch them either run or die.The problem though still remains.That is a lot of damage in an AA from 1200-1500 range

@Solori.6025 said:

/s

LOL on a serious note.You have to watch what the soulbeast is doing and watch your debuffs as well.The build that does this is a glass cannon, so you could apply pressure and watch them either run or die.The problem though still remains.That is a lot of damage in an AA from 1200-1500 range

I just wish buffs where easier to see. Maybe a glass cannon, But I couldn't for the life of me hit him. (just perma evade, don't get me wrong, clearly he was on a much higher skill lvl) Usually i'm fine with other SB players in similar rating, still a hard counter to my build, but not 1 shot OP at least.

His was AA at point blank getting those 5.5 - 6 k shots in. He would 1-2 shot me at 1200 + range w/ 16000 hp. (and we all know how arrows can go past the indicated range...)I'm probably just more tired of MM taking 6 minutes to que, only to put me with players 2-3 divisions higher than me, players going all toxic and telling me to uninstall cause I'm not at the same skill lvl as them tbh. I mean it's still fun when we're all the same rating, but that's like once in a blue moon these days.

It is definetely possible, however not with an durable build... zerk soulbeast mm/bm/sb can hit 20k maul/25k WI crits on downed people... however the build is extremely squishy, only has sb heal as condi clear... it is a very high risk to play that build.

Normal boon beast won't crit for 6k with LB auto, boon beast won't even use LB.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Remember when ANet's philosophy was melee should hit way harder than ranged? Good Times, good times...

The philosophy of anet has not changed, power reaper, rampage warrior, power revenant, holosmith, core guardian. All melee builds with a higher dps and all meta builds.

All of those builds engage with impunity, though. There is no downside for the higher damage since everyone who starts the damage rotation on those builds goes in with stability, blocks, evades and/or passive damage soaking. It's almost not even worth making a distinction between a guy pinging you for unblockable 6k arrows from halfway across the map and a melee attacker who effortlessly walks through any sort of hazards or proactive CC that you throw at him.

If they're dealing 6k with LB 1 shots, it means they are running some kind of glass cannon sic'em build. You have to get very aggressive with them and deal damage to them before they deal damage to you, and you'll win easily if you're running a Condi Mirage spec. Condi Mirage is actually a hard counter vs. Glass DPS Soulbeasts. If the Soulbeast is actually still killing you, it just means he is an excellent player and would probably be killing you on any class he was playing.

Regarding your matchmaking, try playing during an active time of day. Some times when I play night in gold I am seeing people that are in plat 3. There just are not enough people to make more games at certain times. I feel as if some higher ranked players target these times to get into matches they can outskill for a higher chance of winning? Or more accurately, not losing.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Remember when ANet's philosophy was melee should hit way harder than ranged? Good Times, good times...

The philosophy of anet has not changed, power reaper, rampage warrior, power revenant, holosmith, core guardian. All melee builds with a higher dps and all meta builds.

All of those builds engage with impunity, though. There is no downside for the higher damage since everyone who starts the damage rotation on those builds goes in with stability, blocks, evades and/or passive damage soaking. It's almost not even worth making a distinction between a guy pinging you for unblockable 6k arrows from halfway across the map and a melee attacker who effortlessly walks through any sort of hazards or proactive CC that you throw at him.

PVP is not wvw where ranger has an open field where he can fight and use to his advantage, most of the classes have skills to reduce the distance from the ranger and pull it down, "6k dmg on target in down state" no competent player would be there to get shot at 1500 range from an LB ranger, people maybe even know that approaching a ranger while the arrows are fired will suffer less damage xDIt is not 4 seconds of unblockable attacks the problem, if people have problems managing a build with so little sustain in a pvp scenario at level parity not as in the case of op, I would wonder why meta ranger uses dual axes and not LB if this build is so strong? xD

the build outputs probably the highest damage in game (not too sure), but If I ever see one I will make sure they are spawn camped the entire game- which is why very few ppl play it even in unranked lol

I've also seen PP deadeye making a comeback and they will insta one shot u with pewpew quickness if you aren't super vigilant, and I also love spawn camping those.

Just gotta camp these kind of builds

@Justine.6351 said:Regarding your matchmaking, try playing during an active time of day. Some times when I play night in gold I am seeing people that are in plat 3. There just are not enough people to make more games at certain times. I feel as if some higher ranked players target these times to get into matches they can outskill for a higher chance of winning? Or more accurately, not losing.

the feeling is strong in this one...

this is also a part of meta. Certain times are death. Honestly though, being able to play with higher tier people is part of what will make you better. As an example the difference between a plat 2 mes shatter/condi burst and a gold 2 mes burst is laughable. if you can learn to time burst openings and simply dodge or better, counter higher ranks, the gold 2 of the world will appear to playing in slow motion.

@Madisonlee.9641 said:the build outputs probably the highest damage in game (not too sure), but If I ever see one I will make sure they are spawn camped the entire game- which is why very few ppl play it even in unranked lol

I've also seen PP deadeye making a comeback and they will insta one shot u with pewpew quickness if you aren't super vigilant, and I also love spawn camping those.

They must be pretty bad DE if you can camp them

Archived