Question after returning from a few months break... What is revealing me?

KCmilam.3476

I've searched around the patch notes and can't find anything about it. I'm randomly taken out of stealth in wvw, many times right after I enter it. There's a large boom and I'm revealed. It even happens in friendly territory right after a B/P HS combo. It happened twice tonight on an engage and completely screwed me up. The enemy is not within in range to cast any reveal skills either. I'm sure everyone knows, but I haven't been following the patch notes for the past few months.

This shit mechanic ruins roaming. We couldn't even go into our own cloaking waters without abso fucking lutely nothing reveal us as soon as we went into cloaking waters in our own fucking smc. What a stupid change. Just nerf deadeyes elite and permastealth since that was the problem that caused this. This reveal garbage totally neuters balanced stealth like sneak gyro. Ridiculous.

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:It's most likely this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marked"Entering stealth while marked will place the Detected! effect on you for 2 seconds."

Yes, this is the reason. Because let's make a mechanic that literally punishes specific skill use in one mode rather than any one of the better ideas out there that still let the skills be used defensively and for roaming while still allowing them to be countered and found more often.

@neven.3785 said:Any extra reveal is good for game health. There are far more people annoyed by permastealthed glass builds that down a player within one global cooldown than people annoyed that revealed is messing up their stealth.

Ehhhhhh...yes, but unfortunately since they did not re-work Shadow Arts, this wasn't the right way of implementing more reveal. The marked function almost makes it so Thieves running Shadow Arts are effectively only using 2 trait lines. Regardless if they are running a gimmick build or not, no profession should lose out on the functionality of an entire trait line due to another mechanic in one specific game mode... Not very thoughtful design.

IMO, it's good, but it lasts WAY too long. Those sentries reveal for like .. 30s? That's an eternity. It should be like 10 but constantly reapplying while you are in range of a sentry.

Also, the marked range on some towers is way too far - either keep the watchtower range and remove the reveal mark from that or reduce watchtower range and keep the reveal.

Currently it's a huge disadvantage for any class that uses stealth. You just don't want to fight in an entire 1/4 of the map sometimes.

Archived