Firebrand nerfed already while Scourge and Spellbreaker reign free

Darek.1836

@Exciton.8942 said:Guardian has like the best build diversity in PvP at the moment....I don't know how guardian players can still find a way to complain.

are you joking?DH-totaly unplayble right know(nerfs season after season made longbow dps and traps pure shi... useless)Hammer/GS dps bulds-totaly unplayble thx to scourge and spellbreakerBURN-1 condi build,which can be cleaned super easily + same problem of scourge and spellbreaker and low survivability

Only playble build right know its support/bunker FB,so yes we can complain since we dont have any normal dps build which can allow us carry games.

@Crinn.7864 said:Dude did you miss the words "bug fix" in the patch notes? Quickfire was not intended to work the way it was. Also those bug fixes happened to include a damage increase to symbol of vengeance.

so changing legendary lore effect to 20% burn duration we call bug fix nowdays? ok

So why "walking bug" scourge and spellbreaker still dont fixed?

@tragedy.2750 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Dude did you miss the words "bug fix" in the patch notes? Quickfire was not intended to work the way it was. Also those bug fixes happened to include a damage increase to symbol of vengeance.

so changing legendary lore effect to 20% burn duration we call bug fix nowdays? ok

So why "walking bug" scourge and spellbreaker still dont fixed?

because they're probably still testing the nerfs

@Ravezaar.4951 said:the whines on this Forum

This may be whiny but it's a legitimate complaint of injustice. Firebrand got smashed by the nerfbat before any other class did. The bugfix was necessary but the nerf to Legendary Lore (which was arguably not necessary) should have been pushed back to the balance update; not weeks beforehand.

@tragedy.2750 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:Guardian has like the best build diversity in PvP at the moment....I don't know how guardian players can still find a way to complain.

are you joking?

Only playble build right know its support/bunker FB,so yes we can complain since we dont have any normal dps build which can allow us carry games.

Current playable Guardian builds (in PvP): Meditrapper DH, Symbolic, Radiant, core Burn Guard, Block Burn DH, Firebrand Support, Meditation Firebrand... to name a few.

There's different playable builds for guardians, but they don't shine if compared to the actual best builds of other classes (taking out scourge and spellbreaker that are out of control).DH common builds are weaker than ever in the actual meta because heavly focused on holding a point and don't move too much to use traps and symbols. Any scourge will kill any DH easy as ever. Maybe a good DH burst can kill a scourge pretty fast, but in a teamfight a DH have to play in a totally different way than before and the more used builds aren't good enough to fight the actual meta classes.

Coming at the Main Post Point, the Huge Nerf to Legendary Lore is a really Huge problem for every FB Condition Build that see his DPS reduced by a Large amount.I don't kneo why everyone's thinking about the Quickfire fix while the real Nerf is that F1 Tome no more inflict Bonus Burn. That Nerf reduce the damage of FB by a seriously Large amount, expecially in sPvP where a single-condition class already have to face an easy-to-clean state and now see his damage reduced by a large amount.A 1Burn/skill bonus granted to his tomes the chance to fight at a decent level still if heavly countered by a lot of builds that clean/send-back/Resist conditions all the time and even AoE.

That nerf killed by a lot every single condition build of the Firebrand and probably his viability in sPvP.Is a decent supporter, still if no the best we can have and not able to compete with the Elementalist, but his new lack of damage make it a even more unwanted class because have lesser support and lesser damage than a ranger and lesser support and survavibility than an ele. And now also can't be used as a dps because the nerf is seriously too much.

Is still viable but the only burst damage is reduced by 50%...A little too much, don't you think?No matter that now the F1 proc burn last 20% longer, it's still a nerf too heavy if compared to the actual real problems in sPvP.

The fact that a class not so much used (and so easy to counter) as the Firebringer had been nerfed before Scourge and Spellbreaker is only a thing that make us more angry.

What a ridiculous demand. They HAVE to nerf FB, scourge and spellbreaker at the same time otherwise you guys start flipping tables?

I don't understand you people. Has it ever occured to you that nerfs for scourge and sb aren't ready yet and that they are under no obligation to delay balancing fb just because you guys will be miffed if someone else doesn't get the bat too?

I just can't get my head around how short sighted and toxic you have to be to think this way.

the nerf reduced the Burn application granted by the trait Legendary Lore. Now the trait don't increase our Burn application of F1 Tome skills by 1 but instead increase the F1 Tome applied Burn duration by 20%.That reduced by 50% the damage of the skill 1 and by a Large amount the damage of all the other skills.A really Huge Nerf in FB damage, that now is barely comparable to other specs. And with all the condition counters in this meta (because with all the condi spam of this meta you have to counter conditions or you just die) the FB is barely viable as a dps.

Maybe they'll change Sand Savant to remove the ammo mechanic, this could increase punishing counterplay for bad Shades placement.. and I hope for PvP only..

While for Full Counter a change to Revenge Counter to make it more like Pulsating Pestilence (PvP only again) and a base CD increase with CD reduction when succesful hit or interrupt someone while performing the Full Counter.

I mean, this is not as big a nerf some people are making it out to be. It's basicly just nerfing an already terrible build that didn't see any play above gold. That being said, it did somewhat hinder the pressure of a Mender Support Firebrand (Which is viable in high-tier play). I would've like to see a second condi being added instead of the 20% duration buff to burning.This is because Burn FB suffers from the exact same issue that is keeping burn guard / DH from ever becoming viable, the lack of cover condis.> @Exciton.8942 said:

Guardian has like the best build diversity in PvP at the moment....I don't know how guardian players can still find a way to complain.

The only real somewhat viable builds guards has are Radiant Hammer and Support FB. Everything else is being outshined by literally everything else now. Reason being; Traps doesn't contest points nearly as good as shades do. DH is just a more tanky version of Holosmith, with way less damage potential. Core / DH burn suffers from the issues stated above. Even Radiant Hammer gets overshadowed by alot of builds since it's 1v1 capabilities are severly nerfed with the introduction of Scourge / Spellbreaker. They still farm Holosmiths like it's no tomarrow though. Also, symbol is just unplayable for as long as it triggers full counter.

Archived