how about power rev now ?

Lucas.3718

Nerfed again both directly and indirectly, SC has removed has removed the power herald build from their website as it is absolute bottom tier for dps. With diviner's introduction with the next update a power damage + alacrity support renegade will be pretty good in some comps but the damage just doesn't compete with the other classes on its own.

@"Lucas.3718" said:After the recent patch how does power revenant (w. either e-specs) perform in high end pve ?

Still meh dot com... I did find Power Herald super-duper useful for getting the "Stacking Swords and Shields" achievement done for my CoZ, however. Perma-superspeed made that easy mode, and the dps wasn't exactly abysmal... Especially the cleave with that spin-to-win vs all the adds.

But wait till after next week's patch... Alacrity Power Rev will probably be a serious option for some fractal groups (along side a power dps Quickbrand and then the usual dr00d/pBS/one straight pdps. ) Chrono/Dr00d/pBS/2x pDPS will maybe still be better for CM's, due to how phasey all the bosses are and the fact that you can always pre-stack, but like, for any longish 5 man fight, I think the Rev/FB combo will pull ahead in terms of group dps.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Lucas.3718" said:After the recent patch how does power revenant (w. either e-specs) perform in high end pve ?

Still meh dot com... I did find Power Herald super-duper useful for getting the "Stacking Swords and Shields" achievement done for my CoZ, however. Perma-superspeed made that easy mode, and the dps wasn't exactly abysmal... Especially the cleave with that spin-to-win vs all the adds.

But wait till after next week's patch... Alacrity Power Rev will probably be a serious option for some fractal groups (along side a power dps Quickbrand and then the usual dr00d/pBS/one straight pdps. ) Chrono/Dr00d/pBS/2x pDPS will maybe still be better for CM's, due to how phasey all the bosses are and the fact that you can always pre-stack, but like, for any longish 5 man fight, I think the Rev/FB combo will pull ahead in terms of group dps.

Nah it won’t be dr00d gotta get that pSlb w/spirits

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Dr00d gives too much to give up for a Heal Ren, imo... Unless you meant to just run with no healer, then maybe. But like, Supp Ren's don't give Spotter/Fury/Vigor/Stability/as much Vulnerability, have as reliable of cc, or provide as much consistent cleansing as druids... Also, druid's might output is more constant/reliable than ren f2. That's not to even mention situation things that rev's just can't do, like spirit rez or keep weakness uptime to fuel weaver deeps. The only thing heal Rev objectively does better is sheer outgoing healing numbers and permanent projectile denial. (I don't mention Alacrity or AP because a power Rev provides those as well.)

A Slb can certainly run Frost spirit, but if you start making them take additional spirits, like say Storm for fury/vuln, their dps goes right out the window.

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:Power Rev? Got you covered, fam.

Is approximately 29k DPS after Shiro Lifetseal.

Useful when you need group fury, protection, and swiftness.

Not anymore with the huge nerf it gets to the 4 OH sword skill. It's even deleted in Snow Crows webside.

Main power herald here...join us in the grieving.

@DarkEmiLupus.2876 said:

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:Power Rev? Got you covered, fam.

Is approximately 29k DPS after Shiro Lifetseal.

Useful when you need group fury, protection, and swiftness.

Not anymore with the huge nerf it gets to the 4 OH sword skill. It's even deleted in Snow Crows webside.

Main power herald here...join us in the grieving.

The video is post-nerf...

Look, I'm not saying we're top dps or anything. Just that the situation isn't as bad as it seems. Power Herald brings some very important boons to the party in a meta where Fury is much more rare.

@narcx.3570 said:

Dr00d gives too much to give up for a Heal Ren, imo... Unless you meant to just run with no healer, then maybe. But like, Supp Ren's don't give Spotter/Fury/Vigor/Stability/as much Vulnerability, have as reliable of cc, or provide as much consistent cleansing as druids... Also, druid's might output is more constant/reliable than ren f2. That's not to even mention situation things that rev's just can't do, like spirit rez or keep weakness uptime to fuel weaver deeps. The only thing heal Rev objectively does better is sheer outgoing healing numbers and permanent projectile denial. (I don't mention Alacrity or AP because a power Rev provides those as well.)

A Slb can certainly run Frost spirit, but if you start making them take additional spirits, like say Storm for fury/vuln, their dps goes right out the window.

I mostly meant in reference to the new theorized speed clear comp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/a8v9a8/sc_qt_cm100_shattered_observatory_firebrand/

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I mostly meant in reference to the new theorized speed clear comp:

Oh well yeah, like I said, for sure soul beast if you're running no healer (and just soul cleave'n like that). They're also able to phase bosses through their prestacked fury and then just renew with FMW/banner2/ren's packrunes on arkk--not something to expect outside of a static probably.

Archived