Superior Sigil of the Night

Elementalist Owner.7802

Superior Sigil of the Night

This is going to sound like a petty issue (and it might be) because I don't think many guilds run this sigil, and the effect isn't very noticeable while playing in the way that other PvE-based mechanics are (such as mushroom tonics, environmental weapons, etc, which have all been removed from WvW), but Superior Sigil of the Night provides a 10% outgoing damage increase during the night, and only 3% during the day. This effect can, of course, be stacked with Superior Sigil of Force, which provides a static 5% outgoing damage increase.

In a PvP game mode such as WvW, something as arbitrary as the day-and-night cycle should not provide combat benefits, no matter how insignificant (and I would argue that an extra 7% outgoing damage increase is far from insignificant). I think this sigil should be split in WvW to have a consistent effect that isn't dependent on the day-and-night cycle.

I don't have a problem with people gear swapping in a sigil of night during the night hours as it takes some amount of effort. However, the 3/7 split makes it so you don't even have to gear swap which kind of makes it BiS paired with sigil of force. Solution? Unsplit it and return it to 10% night only.

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:Very few serious players run sigil of force, let alone sigil of the night.

This is simply not true, and I'm wondering where you're getting this information from since you seem so confident. Are you just guessing?

I've played multiple classes in multiple guilds for zerging and multiple classes solo roaming. Sigil of force/night don't show up when making builds. Wvw is about spike damage or support and force/night are straight DPS.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Nonsense, it's fine as it is. 10% damage is literally nothing, plus you lose a sigil slot you could have used for something more useful.

Sure... +10% flat damage is nothing :trollface:

It's 10%... hardly OP.

I didn't say it would be OP, just that 10% is 10%. Because for example:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:Night + Force is pretty nice on a backstab deadeye.

People used to run the Sigil of the Night back when the changed the Obsidian Sanctum to have a 'dueling/GvG' area because it's always night time in the OS. (If you never knew).

But outside that, it's never really been a massive deal in WvW. Sure a bit more damage can be handy but 10% isn't going to make or break any fight in WvW to be honest.

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:Superior Sigil of the Night

This is going to sound like a petty issue (and it might be) because I don't think many guilds run this sigil, and the effect isn't very noticeable while playing in the way that other PvE-based mechanics are (such as mushroom tonics, environmental weapons, etc, which have all been removed from WvW), but Superior Sigil of the Night provides a 10% outgoing damage increase during the night, and only 3% during the day. This effect can, of course, be stacked with Superior Sigil of Force, which provides a static 5% outgoing damage increase.

In a PvP game mode such as WvW, something as arbitrary as the day-and-night cycle should not provide combat benefits, no matter how insignificant (and I would argue that an extra 7% outgoing damage increase is far from insignificant). I think this sigil should be split in WvW to have a consistent effect that isn't dependent on the day-and-night cycle.

Very minor issue but ye agreed no reason to have weird things like day/night impact fighting

Archived