Chronobunk is back — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Chronobunk is back

Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let's go everyone spam ranked queues and AT queues with this again!! Requires a bit more planning for scepter but otherwise it's basically just as tanky lol

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Chronobunker

The NEW and improved Boonbeast

<1

Comments

• I remember making this build few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).
    You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

True blurred inscription offers 1s distortion on those 2 signets, but honestly that extra 1.5k heal from signet of ether is probably not going to be as impactful as 350 heal per illusion in illusionary inspiration.

[RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    True blurred inscription offers 1s distortion on those 2 signets, but honestly that extra 1.5k heal from signet of ether is probably not going to be as impactful as 350 heal per illusion in illusionary inspiration.

Actually it's 146 heal with no healing power.
    Btw I think this chronotank build would be more op with some boon durations.

They really need to fix chronophantasma so that it didn't respawn illusions but just make phantasms attack twice so it didn't trigger the billions on illusions pop effects...
    (chronophantasma and F5 who also create a gap between core mes and chrono.)

That said, this build is weak to :

• scourge can over-condi it with corrupt boon and basic condi application.
    • rev/thieves can pass through block.
    • roamers will over-rotate it because of the mobility difference.
  • Fair point, but why stay in demolisher ammy when we're talking about chronobunk :P

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    Fair point, but why stay in demolisher ammy when we're talking about chronobunk :P

I suppose because you get more value out of your heals due to toughness while not having to sacrifice dmg.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    I remember making this build few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).
    You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

...how are you getting 5.4k heal? on Staff 3?

366*6 =2196 ( I don't know what mesmer trait is called sand armor as I can't find it)
    Unless you are blowing CS to do this( and it's still not 5.4k) , in which case..why not just heal?

EDIT: kitten- because you linked a different build that didn't show up for me until I quoted you
    GG me
    Edit2: In which case it's 429*6=2574. on staff 3
    Edit3 : and the runes give 170 barrier per summon of staff 3, and 85 per singular illusion

Tingle my stingleberry

• NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@Solori.6025 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    I remember making this build few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).

366*6 =2196 ( I don't know what mesmer trait is called sand armor as I can't find it)
    Unless you are blowing CS to do this( and it's still not 5.4k) , in which case..why not just heal?

EDIT: kitten- because you linked a different build that didn't show up for me until I quoted you
    GG me
    Edit3 : and the runes give 170 barrier per summon of staff 3, and 85 per singular illusion

430* 6 on the signet alone, 306* 6 on the trait as well, that's more or less 750 hp together per illusion.
    Plus barrier is 0.2 of that 750 which makes it 900 in total.

I actually test it in PvP and it is 5.4k on staff 3, provides enemy doesn't cleave out phantasm before it respawns, which surprisingly doesn't happen as often when they're focusing on me.

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

This is going to get old real fast

edited December 29, 2018

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

GG me

430* 6 on the signet alone, 306* 6 on the trait as well, that's more or less 750 hp together per illusion.
    Plus barrier is 0.2 of that 750 which makes it 900 in total.

I actually test it in PvP and it is 5.4k on staff 3, provides enemy doesn't cleave out phantasm before it respawns, which surprisingly doesn't happen as often when they're focusing on me.

Illusionary inspiration, that's what I was missing.

Provided you sit relatively close to teammates I could see this being a very good team build

Tingle my stingleberry

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aktium.9506 said:

Yeah that one hit of dash at 7k damage on 6s cd does seem OP compared to two channels over 24s, I agree.

• DaShi.1368DaShi.1368 Member ✭✭✭

Is Dash really that strong? Wow!

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@Aktium.9506 said:

You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.

You do realize that there’s an ability in game that makes it so you can dodge damage, right?

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DaShi.1368 said:
    Is Dash really that strong? Wow!

Yes, but it's a Rampage skill, tied to a 72-90 second cooldown, and being buffed by Peak Performance almost certainly.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

edited December 29, 2018

@phokus.8934 said:
    You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.

You realize that's a faster cast than Rapid Fire that simply hits harder right. It's also going to have quickness from the sigil most of the time? And unlike Rapid Fire this can't be projectile destructed or reflected.

Pretty sure this is actually the ranged skill with the highest damage coefficient now. I mean, don't get me wrong, this Chrono build is relatively easily dealt with as Reaper. But the damage is still absurd for a ranged skill.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

You realize that's a faster cast than Rapid Fire that simply hits harder right. It's also going to have quickness from the sigil most of the time? And unlike Rapid Fire this can't be projectile destructed or reflected.

Pretty sure this is actually the ranged skill with the highest damage coefficient now. I mean, don't get me wrong, this Chrono build is relatively easily dealt with as Reaper. But the damage is still absurd for a ranged skill.

Come back when Confusing Images can be buffed 40% with Sic Em' and become unblockable with Unstoppable Union.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

Not to mention it can't be bodyblocked, unlike rapid fire

edited December 29, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

Come back when Confusing Images can be buffed 40% with Sic Em' and become unblockable with Unstoppable Union.

Actually, adding 40% to Rapid Fire brings it to roughly the same coefficient as Confusing Images. And my class doesn't have blocks so unblockable does diddly. Rapid Fire does have that ungodly range though, especially when used from elevation.

• soulbeast can do 10k longbow autoattacks, confusing images can one shot. rock on my meme lords.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

@SteepledHat.1345 said:
    Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?

It did get buffed about 4 months ago, not a minor buff either, but has been overshadowed by other stronger things.

Though as a stand alone skills it's objectively weaker than some othet skills.

Chrono is so much easier to fight then mirage though so...

@SteepledHat.1345 said:
    Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?

Why downplay it? Axe 2 on Necro was already unhealthy for the game being a non-projectile ranged skill capable of doing massive damage and deserved a slap on the wrist. Now we have more of the same when it would have been better to have less of that type of thing.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

Rapid Fire is vastly better considering it hits 10 times with a 2.5 second channel at 1500 range.

So you’re not really making a good comparison.

But point being, one dodge, block, blind, completely trashes the CI damage.

And you still essentially sat still for 4.5 seconds taking almost all the damage. The problem here is your poor gameplay and not the weapon utility/damage.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

Rapid Fire is vastly better considering it hits 10 times with a 2.5 second channel at 1500 range.

They're pretty similar. I did say that Rapid Fire had an advantage in range if you actually cared to read through my post =)

I can't seem to find my Necro blocks and my on-demand 1200 range pulsing blind seems to have vanished. Dodging is a great idea though. If only I hadn't used them all against a Warrior just seconds before.

And you still essentially sat still for 4.5 seconds taking almost all the damage.

2.25 seconds. Agility sigil my dude. I will admit I did facetank the first one on purpose because I was in shroud and I had protection. The 2nd one did most of the work.

The problem here is your poor gameplay and not the weapon utility/damage.

This is where I'm going to point out that this skill is doing the same amount of damage as the old bugged double hitting pre-nerf Gun Flame did.

Here, have another one where it's just two thirds of the cast hitting me.

• SteepledHat.1345SteepledHat.1345 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

Why downplay it? Axe 2 on Necro was already unhealthy for the game being a non-projectile ranged skill capable of doing massive damage and deserved a slap on the wrist. Now we have more of the same when it would have been better to have less of that type of thing.

You have a ton of counter play options. Interrupt it, dodge it, block it, move out of los, move behind the mesmer and it stops hitting. Just get good. It also has a pretty narrow cone, fysa. A bit less than 180. Anywhere outside of that cone, it won't connect.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

You have a ton of counter play options. Interrupt it, dodge it, block it, move out of los, move behind the mesmer and it stops hitting. Just get good. It also has a pretty narrow cone, fysa. A bit less than 180. Anywhere outside of that cone, it won't connect.

It's almost as if a certain skill I mentioned in the post you quoted has the exact same counterplay and is also overtuned for what it is.

• @Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

It's almost as if a certain skill I mentioned in the post you quoted has the exact same counterplay and is also overtuned for what it is.

It's not, you all are just upset that your cries for nerfs didn't push mesmer out completely. So you find the next thing to cry about. Seriously, it's been like this since beta. There's literally nothing short of completely removing the class that will satisfy you rabble. I say give you nothing.

edited December 30, 2018

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

Sorry I am nit-picky..
    Could you post a screen of your combat log that shows what was happening before the CI?

Edit: Also..
    The scepter is 900 range....

Tingle my stingleberry

@SteepledHat.1345 said:
    It's not,

It is.

you all are just upset that your cries for nerfs didn't push mesmer out completely.

Uh huh. Except Condi Mirage is still a very viable build. They could delete the entire skill and Mesmer would still be in the meta.

So you find the next thing to cry about.

The crying about this is definitely warranted. Do ranged non-projectile bursts have counterplay? Sure. Is it enough? No. The entire point of skills like Ghastly Claws is that they had no projectiles and were supposed to be weaker than traditional projectiles. And ranged in turn was supposed to be weaker than melee. Confusing Images and Ghastly Claws are currently doing the kind of damage that belongs in melee range with minimal counterplay. Dishonourable mentions goes out Hunter's Call and Ray of Judgement too. This stuff sets a precedent. One I don't like because I don't want to see more of these types of skills.

@Solori.6025 said:
    The scepter is 900 range....

So is axe...

• everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭

Explain minimal counterplay please.

• @Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

They're pretty similar. I did say that Rapid Fire had an advantage in range if you actually cared to read through my post =)

I can't seem to find my Necro blocks and my on-demand 1200 range pulsing blind seems to have vanished. Dodging is a great idea though. If only I hadn't used them all against a Warrior just seconds before.

And you still essentially sat still for 4.5 seconds taking almost all the damage.

2.25 seconds. Agility sigil my dude. I will admit I did facetank the first one on purpose because I was in shroud and I had protection. The 2nd one did most of the work.

This is where I'm going to point out that this skill is doing the same amount of damage as the old bugged double hitting pre-nerf Gun Flame did.

fullzerk chrono with no defense traits utilities rekt u there... ? Hmmmmm
    Lets remove zerk amulet from the game ?

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

This is why I asked for the combat log.
    Or if anyone else has been able to replicate this damage please feel free to post build and combat logs. Best I have gotten so far is full channel for 12k

Tingle my stingleberry

• @Solori.6025 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

Or if anyone else has been able to replicate this damage please feel free to post build and combat logs. Best I have gotten so far is full channel for 12k

I mean 4 hits of daggerstorm comes in at 4k. Each hit has base damage 250ish iirc. Yeah, he was glasssssss.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

I mean 4 hits of daggerstorm comes in at 4k. Each hit has base damage 250ish iirc. Yeah, he was glasssssss.

Yes. My main concern is whether or not this damage is easily replicatable. For example we all know that heavy hitting ranger skills is a combination of 2 or 3 utilities being used, or heavy hitting warriors is the direct effect of building for damage. Each of these is easily replicatable.
    What I want to know is how 5 hits in a 7 hit channel broke over 15k, and whether or not this is as easy to do as the others. If this damage comes from core mesmer taking all damage utilities ,debuffing the target, and self buffing at the same time then I am honestly going to laugh.
    Cause all that will prove is how badly people want mesmer nerfed just because.
    So I would love to see the combat log of this fight. Or if someone figured out the build to replicate this damage then I am all for it

Tingle my stingleberry

• @Solori.6025 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAra8ensIClphNqBmoBEgiFVjqeZf2rlMAqgdq8DOuBA-jJROABAs/Q5PAAYKDI/JAAA
    rupting gives quickness but its not necessary if your enemy isn't gonna dodge in time anyway. precast mantra use both charges then cast again for ez 24 mights. should be able to do 20k+.

edited December 30, 2018

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAra8ensIClphNqBmoBEgiFVjqeZf2rlMAqgdq8DOuBA-jJROABAs/Q5PAAYKDI/JAAA
    rupting gives quickness but its not necessary if your enemy isn't gonna dodge in time anyway. precast mantra use both charges then cast again for ez 24 mights. should be able to do 20k+.

I'll try that when I return home. So far testing with the same build except I used infiltration runes and shattered for 25 vuln. Only got 18k for full channel. Numbers in looking for are around 23-24k full channel for the damage in the screen shot to be comparable. Then we can figure out the viability of the build. Is it a niche glass cannon or something that is actually of concern? So far however I am going with Niche

Edit for reference. I am looking for every hit of CI to be around 3.4k+

Tingle my stingleberry

edited December 31, 2018

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

Awesome.
    So things I learned about this build.
    You have to have basically the perfect setup and scenario to get over 25k-

1. Scepter 3 has a 1 second windup- Meaning stunning with shatters was my fastest option to take advantage of slow time AND keep the might up on 24 at the beginning of the cast.
    2. Might only stays at 24 for about 2 seconds.
    3. Quickness on interrupt loses you 5% extra damage thus I didn't take that trait.
    4. This build has no additional clone or phantasm generation besides what is on weapons ( and a 40s utility)

With the target at 50% AND having 25 vuln with slow, then the mesmer at the 2 second window of opportunity starting the cast of CI as soon as the mantra cast ends you could very well hit 25k, my record number was 26k
    You can still do a consistant 20k if you have 12 might and the target is below 50% and has slow+25 vuln

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAracnsICNqhlpBmoBEgilTjqOar2utsEeuEgMAShgC-j5QOABq/AAgpMAA7PAA

Build used to test-

I don't see this build being seriously used in anything above silver unless you are playing like a master mes or something.
    The amount of things that could shut this build down are pretty apparent.
    So I vote niche..

Edit: Thank you Stand The Wall for the Runes, I wouldn't have thought of them.

Tingle my stingleberry

• @Solori.6025 said:
    snips

cheers. meme on my friend.

• There's been people playing builds like this for a while, but it seems to be getting more and more popular now. I can't speak for everyone, but if bunkerchrono comes back it might be time to sit out another season.

• Erzian.5218Erzian.5218 Member ✭✭✭

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

I wonder how many more years it will take pvp players to realize that skills have no base damage in gw2. The only thing there is, is a skill specific power coefficient.

• @Erzian.5218 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

I wonder how many more years it will take pvp players to realize that skills have no base damage in gw2. The only thing there is, is a skill specific power coefficient.

Semantics aside, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagger_Storm. Things with a bigger "Damage" hit harder. I wonder how many years it's going to take for you to stop being a pedant?

edited December 31, 2018

I am interested in the amount of viable thief builds that run daggerstorm and exactly 1000 power. If you make an argument you should not use a completely unrealistic situation as your basis. Skills with a higher number for a naked lvl 80 character do not necessarily hit harder in a real scenario as it depends on the build they are used in. You can call that pedantic, I call it reasonable.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

You do realize that there’s an ability in game that makes it so you can dodge damage, right?

They're not wrong though. Scepter does insane damage on confusing images which isn't exactly a low CD and the scepter block likewise is far too low a cool down. Add in mantra of pain for a spammable 2.5k hit of damage with easy 12+ stacks of might all the time and it's the icing on the cheesecake.

We will start seeing it more and more, already seeing more mesmers running scepter in WvW.

The question is whether the problem is the scepter skill (as there are several similar skills in terms of damage) or necromancer’s lack of defensive tools as every other class has enough evades/blocks to avoid confusing images + some other skills.

• @apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

They're not wrong though. Scepter does insane damage on confusing images which isn't exactly a low CD and the scepter block likewise is far too low a cool down. Add in mantra of pain for a spammable 2.5k hit of damage with easy 12+ stacks of might all the time and it's the icing on the cheesecake.

We will start seeing it more and more, already seeing more mesmers running scepter in WvW.

WvW isn't SPvP. We should balance for zerg play. Power mesmer is not in meta atm. I'm not very concerned. This thread is just another attempt to "find something to whine about mesmer until they finally delete the class."

• @Erzian.5218 said:
    I am interested in the amount of viable thief builds that run daggerstorm and exactly 1000 power. If you make an argument you should not use a completely unrealistic situation as your basis. Skills with a higher number for a naked lvl 80 character do not necessarily hit harder in a real scenario as it depends on the build they are used in. You can call that pedantic, I call it reasonable.

Well, if you can show me power builds that don't have a lot of power then I guess your remark would be something more than picking mites.

edited December 31, 2018

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Erzian.5218 said:

Well, if you can show me power builds that don't have a lot of power then I guess your remark would be something more than picking mites.

Are you aware of damage modifiers, boons, runes and traits that modify your attributes? Comparable damage numbers on wiki do not always translate into the same amount of damage as it depends on your build.
    You can have the exact same skill, amulet and rune and still do different damage because of different traits and/or boons.

• @Erzian.5218 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Erzian.5218 said:

Are you aware of damage modifiers, boons, runes and traits that modify your attributes? Comparable damage numbers on wiki do not always translate into the same amount of damage as it depends on your build.
    You can have the exact same skill, amulet and rune and still do different damage because of different traits and/or boons.

Oh. My. God. To think, I made it all the way to plat and never knew that boons and traits effect damage.

Apparently you did make it while thinking 1000 power is a lot (because that’s what your ~250 damage daggerstorm is based on) when it is actually the amount that you have while your builds provides a total of 0 power. Says a lot about the depths of gw2 pvp.

edited December 31, 2018

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

? Without the insane amount of setup the damage is similar to necro Axe. And can be outraged or interrupted. The CD is 12s. That's not short in the slightest as I believe skills like CoR and rapid fire are faster with more range.
    In WvW you have open field. You don't have to place yourself in an imaginary arena.
    And if the mes takes mantra they are giving up a utility that could help their survival for damage, and it's not hard to fight a class when you shut down their class mechanic.

Tingle my stingleberry

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

Scepter in wvw is pretty garbage unless you're going to run with a group and just snipe players. I've played it pretty extensively a while back and that's all you're really good for. 12s is hardly a low cooldown relatively speaking comparing it to other abilities.

But this is a pvp discussion and not wvw where things are drastically different.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

I remember the ol HoT bunker meta (either S1 or 2). Very few DPS builds as some classes were near impossible to remove off a node long enough to take it.

Thats when I made my Bunker Buster Scrapper build. Took 2 of em out on the same node....it was a fantastic build that did its job. RIP BBB build

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.