Chronobunk is back

Abelisk.4527

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember making this build few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

True blurred inscription offers 1s distortion on those 2 signets, but honestly that extra 1.5k heal from signet of ether is probably not going to be as impactful as 350 heal per illusion in illusionary inspiration.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:True blurred inscription offers 1s distortion on those 2 signets, but honestly that extra 1.5k heal from signet of ether is probably not going to be as impactful as 350 heal per illusion in illusionary inspiration.Actually it's 146 heal with no healing power.Btw I think this chronotank build would be more op with some boon durations.

They really need to fix chronophantasma so that it didn't respawn illusions but just make phantasms attack twice so it didn't trigger the billions on illusions pop effects...(chronophantasma and F5 who also create a gap between core mes and chrono.)

That said, this build is weak to :

• scourge can over-condi it with corrupt boon and basic condi application.
  • rev/thieves can pass through block.
  • roamers will over-rotate it because of the mobility difference.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:I remember making this build few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

True blurred inscription offers 1s distortion on those 2 signets, but honestly that extra 1.5k heal from signet of ether is probably not going to be as impactful as 350 heal per illusion in illusionary inspiration.

...how are you getting 5.4k heal? on Staff 3?

366*6 =2196 ( I don't know what mesmer trait is called sand armor as I can't find it)Unless you are blowing CS to do this( and it's still not 5.4k) , in which case..why not just heal?

EDIT: Derp- because you linked a different build that didn't show up for me until I quoted youGG meEdit2: In which case it's 429*6=2574. on staff 3Edit3 : and the runes give 170 barrier per summon of staff 3, and 85 per singular illusion

@Solori.6025 said:

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:I remember making this
few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

366*6 =2196 ( I don't know what mesmer trait is called sand armor as I can't find it)Unless you are blowing CS to do this( and it's still not 5.4k) , in which case..why not just heal?

EDIT: kitten- because you linked a different build that didn't show up for me until I quoted youGG meEdit2: In which case it's 429*6=2574. on staff 3Edit3 : and the runes give 170 barrier per summon of staff 3, and 85 per singular illusion

430 6 on the signet alone, 306 6 on the trait as well, that's more or less 750 hp together per illusion.Plus barrier is 0.2 of that 750 which makes it 900 in total.

I actually test it in PvP and it is 5.4k on staff 3, provides enemy doesn't cleave out phantasm before it respawns, which surprisingly doesn't happen as often when they're focusing on me.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:I remember making this
few weeks ago, and you literally get 5.4k heal from staff 3 on 14.5s CD (6* (750 heal + 150 sand armor)).You could swap CI with BD and you probably can achieve similar result, I just thought interrupts are fun.

EDIT: kitten- because you linked a different build that didn't show up for me until I quoted youGG meEdit2: In which case it's 429*6=2574. on staff 3Edit3 : and the runes give 170 barrier per summon of staff 3, and 85 per singular illusion

6 on the signet alone, 306
6 on the trait as well, that's more or less 750 hp together per illusion.Plus barrier is 0.2 of that 750 which makes it 900 in total.

I actually test it in PvP and it is 5.4k on staff 3, provides enemy doesn't cleave out phantasm before it respawns, which surprisingly doesn't happen as often when they're focusing on me.

Illusionary inspiration, that's what I was missing.

Provided you sit relatively close to teammates I could see this being a very good team build

@phokus.8934 said:You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.You realize that's a faster cast than Rapid Fire that simply hits harder right. It's also going to have quickness from the sigil most of the time? And unlike Rapid Fire this can't be projectile destructed or reflected.

Pretty sure this is actually the ranged skill with the highest damage coefficient now. I mean, don't get me wrong, this Chrono build is relatively easily dealt with as Reaper. But the damage is still absurd for a ranged skill.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.You realize that's a faster cast than Rapid Fire that simply hits harder right. It's also going to have quickness from the sigil most of the time? And unlike Rapid Fire this can't be projectile destructed or reflected.

Pretty sure this is actually the ranged skill with the highest damage coefficient now. I mean, don't get me wrong, this Chrono build is relatively easily dealt with as Reaper. But the damage is still absurd for a ranged skill.

Come back when Confusing Images can be buffed 40% with Sic Em' and become unblockable with Unstoppable Union.

@Aktium.9506 said:

Not to mention it can't be bodyblocked, unlike rapid fire

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Come back when Confusing Images can be buffed 40% with Sic Em' and become unblockable with Unstoppable Union.Actually, adding 40% to Rapid Fire brings it to roughly the same coefficient as Confusing Images. And my class doesn't have blocks so unblockable does diddly. Rapid Fire does have that ungodly range though, especially when used from elevation.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?

It did get buffed about 4 months ago, not a minor buff either, but has been overshadowed by other stronger things.

Though as a stand alone skills it's objectively weaker than some othet skills.

Chrono is so much easier to fight then mirage though so...

@SteepledHat.1345 said:Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?Why downplay it? Axe 2 on Necro was already unhealthy for the game being a non-projectile ranged skill capable of doing massive damage and deserved a slap on the wrist. Now we have more of the same when it would have been better to have less of that type of thing.

@Aktium.9506 said:

Rapid Fire is vastly better considering it hits 10 times with a 2.5 second channel at 1500 range.

So you’re not really making a good comparison.

But point being, one dodge, block, blind, completely trashes the CI damage.

And you still essentially sat still for 4.5 seconds taking almost all the damage. The problem here is your poor gameplay and not the weapon utility/damage.

@phokus.8934 said:

Rapid Fire is vastly better considering it hits 10 times with a 2.5 second channel at 1500 range.They're pretty similar. I did say that Rapid Fire had an advantage in range if you actually cared to read through my post =)

But point being, one dodge, block, blind, completely trashes the CI damage.I can't seem to find my Necro blocks and my on-demand 1200 range pulsing blind seems to have vanished. Dodging is a great idea though. If only I hadn't used them all against a Warrior just seconds before.

And you still essentially sat still for 4.5 seconds taking almost all the damage.

2.25 seconds. Agility sigil my dude. I will admit I did facetank the first one on purpose because I was in shroud and I had protection. The 2nd one did most of the work.

The problem here is your poor gameplay and not the weapon utility/damage.This is where I'm going to point out that this skill is doing the same amount of damage as the old bugged double hitting pre-nerf Gun Flame did.

Here, have another one where it's just two thirds of the cast hitting me.bWJ7ktf.png

@Aktium.9506 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:Oh, is this the new thing we're all gonna cry about until it's nerfed to unusable?Why downplay it? Axe 2 on Necro was already unhealthy for the game being a non-projectile ranged skill capable of doing massive damage and deserved a slap on the wrist. Now we have more of the same when it would have been better to have less of that type of thing.

You have a ton of counter play options. Interrupt it, dodge it, block it, move out of los, move behind the mesmer and it stops hitting. Just get good. It also has a pretty narrow cone, fysa. A bit less than 180. Anywhere outside of that cone, it won't connect.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

You have a ton of counter play options. Interrupt it, dodge it, block it, move out of los, move behind the mesmer and it stops hitting. Just get good. It also has a pretty narrow cone, fysa. A bit less than 180. Anywhere outside of that cone, it won't connect.

It's almost as if a certain skill I mentioned in the post you quoted has the exact same counterplay and is also overtuned for what it is.

Archived