Make Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather into a skin

Palm Tiger.8275

I'm writing this post as I noticed the following inconvenience today. Imagen having the Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather and Diver's Breather Mask. You can't make the Rime Rimmed Rebreather Ascended and you also can't copy the skin effect to the Diver's Mask. Anet please make the Rebreather into a skin so we can swap the effects to ascended gear.

There's a discussion here about unifying all those skins and FX.Idea was splitting auras & other FX into cosmetic infusions which are unlocked by soul-binding an item possessing them.After that cosmetic infusions could be withdrawn at will from the hero window / achievements tab. Might be combined with infusions bearings stats. Perhaps a separate slot for cosmetic FX would be the most consequent solution.

Tbh I don't see why Anet just doesn't do away with rebreathers all together and simply make the Rebreather slot into a skin replacement for the headgear while underwater.

Most people will run exotic or ascended gear at end game.. that's standard and yet there is only 1 account bound RNG exotic set of of Rebreathers.. I've been playing this game since Beta and i've never even seen one.And the ascended ones well they are expensive and take a fair bit of effort to obtain and yet.. they are overall utterly pointless since 99% of the time you wont even be underwater.So most people will be running rare breathers or some low end one they never bothered replacing which even if it's a lvl 80 breather will only diminish their stats underwater or potentially level cap their Rune options.

The infusion slot seems totally wasted as well unless you really want more underwater Agony for fractals..Those Swim Speed infusions are a joke when you factor in traits and skills that give you 25% movement speed, skills that give you dashes underwater and of course the Skimmer mount..

A 25% swim speed infusion will set you back about 10,720g while giving you the same movement bonus as a trait or skill that costs you absolutely nothing..This is honestly just ridiculous.. and pointless when you spend so little time underwater anyway.

Imo Anet should scrap rebreathers as headgear.. change the rebreather slot to a skin choice and have the stats and infusion of the headgear apply when underwater.As for the Swim speed infusion.. change them into something akin to Essence of Luck and allow us to consume them to permanently increase our swim speed.One +10 infusion adding 10 points to a swim speed bar similar to the luck bar that per level requires more points to level up.Each level up naturally adding +1% permanent swim speed account wide and capping likely at the same 40% it is now (which is impossible to hit as +30 swimspeed is the biggest infusion)Make bigger swim speed infusions rarely available via sunken chests such as 50 point and 100 point ones and you've got a solid upgrade to underwater in Gw2 imo.

I'd love to see this change personally as I am a big fan of underwater content in Gw2 and a very big supporter of them adding more underwater content in future living world and expansions.

Definitely want it as an infusion, and I was hoping they'd do it this year. Instead we got that... toy skin one.

I'm just looking for something that can make me feel like I have a permanent Chilled effect going on while not changing eyes or hair, and not being limited to water only. I'd like to complete my Ice Queen look some time. But oh well. Wishful thinking.

@Teratus.2859 said:Tbh I don't see why Anet just doesn't do away with rebreathers all together and simply make the Rebreather slot into a skin replacement for the headgear while underwater.I'm with you. I've been asking for this since the first year. (Back then, we couldn't even get better than masterwork breathers.)

In response, ANet has added new breathers, added an underwater-only type of infusion, added new skins, adjusted and/or overhauled nearly everything else for underwater combat & movement.

Archived