Deadeye are even more obnoxious than Scourges — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Deadeye are even more obnoxious than Scourges

Aodlop.1907Aodlop.1907 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 10, 2019 in PVP

Scourges, at least you see them coming, you can counter them. Their spec is braindead easy but you can still kill them or at least avoid their damage.
1546213205-fdfd.jpg

When you're fighting someone until suddenly a random idiot spawns out of stealth and hits you for 17k instantly, there is no counterplay, no fun. Redesign it or make it unplayable in PvP, like you did to the whole Revenant class.

<1

Comments

• @Lahmia.2193 said:
    Death's Judgement has a pretty big tell, visual and audio, and is now blockable/reflectable.

The red line bugs out when cast from stealth pretty frequently, which removes the tell.

Binding shadow's tell never shows up if they cast it while stealthed either, which is the bigger problem imo

• Aodlop.1907Aodlop.1907 Member ✭✭✭

TLDR: Learn to play my friend, or move on to PVE (you def don't wanna be in WvW if you think the PvP one shot numbers are high XD ).

Yeah, learn to play against a spec that waits for you to be in combat & one shots you from stealth. Great advice.
    You seem overly proud of your skills in this game. Calm down, it's 11 to 16 buttons game at most, it's as easy as a MOBA.

Rev is far from unplayable.

But it requires 25 times more brain and skill than scourge or deadeye. It's a high effort low reward class.

• See that's the thing, i'm NOT overly proud of my skills and I don't get killed by those specs. . so I don't know what more to tell you lol

• @Lahmia.2193 said:
    Death's Judgement has a pretty big tell, visual and audio, and is now blockable/reflectable.

Problem is quickness.

• TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018

@Nightblink.7286 said:

@Aodlop.1907 said:
    Scourges, at least you see them comming, you can counter them. Their spec is braindead easy but you can still kill them or at least avoid their damage.
    1546213205-fdfd.jpg

When you're fighting someone until suddenly a random idiot spawns out of stealth and hits you for 17k instantly, there is no counterplay, no fun. Redesign it or make it unplayable in PvP, like you did to the whole Revenant class.

First of all - he can't 17k you @ beggining of the fight, since DE has to build malice and so, he has to use AA/Spotter's/double-triple shot - easy to see what is going on.

Second - if u got a problem with DE, find a class to counterplay - when I see DE in enemy team, Im going for Core Ranger Sniper - KB + Rapid fire is 2 sec 100%-0% for them, and if your are getting focused, you pop up SoS and that's it. Even if he survives it - he becomes 30% running, out of defenses easy target.

Play as DE and you will see it is not a braindead class - all can pew pew, but few can tdo it properly, rotate properly and play defensively/reset after failed burst. I've seen so many DE that just don't know what to do, after initial burst failed/gets reflected/got overplayed.

Get over it.

Cheers

Words right out of my mind. Thank you. I like playing deadeye. It's really annoying for every one to think it's some godlike spec that can never die and one shot. If that was true every one would be a deadeye but they are not.

It's really not and it's alot harder to pull off than other builds that are meta.

Most of my friends from other lasses see the dmg output. Tired it for a day and nope the heck out cos they really couldn't survive long enough to do any dmg.

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Problem is quickness.

Problem is. U see mark on u. U dodge. The problem with dying to a bad deadeye is also quickness. If u hear the sound and the dodge you have a whole second to dodge. Since it's about 4 skills they press. U dodge that shot the deadeye has already spent everything trying to put that one burst and now must wait to redo it. Now u just port to him and he will use his only shadowstep and will likely run.

• @TorQ.7041 said:

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Problem is quickness.

Problem is. U see mark on u. U dodge. The problem with dying to a bad deadeye is also quickness. If u hear the sound and the dodge you have a whole second to dodge. Since it's about 4 skills they press. U dodge that shot the deadeye has already spent everything trying to put that one burst and now must wait to redo it. Now u just port to him and he will use his only shadowstep and will likely run.

Exactly - initial burst costs the DE ALL, I mean ALL initiative - (AA, 2x Spotter =6ini + double =6ini) - right after u use steal skill and DJ- that is the burst.
    And as you are saying - ppl see only the dmg - noone cares about anything else - yes DE has the dmg, but 90% of pp playing it like glass canon - in ->do dmg->die ->repeat.

Good DE will -> In->down most problematic teamfighter (prefably scourge/reaper) -> dmg the support, lay down some cc** -> disengage.

** - Im playing with Shortbow for mobility and insane cc with Choke Gas which is team fight breaker after downing the target.

I feel you 100%.

Cheers

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:

Tell your Rev/SD Thief/Mirage to deal with the DE 24/7 if you're playing a teamfighter without the tools to do so yourself. They're all capable engaging the DE before he gets into position and farm him.

"t's really annoying for every one to think it's some godlike spec that can never die and one shot."
    "Have you, sir, tried to exhaust all of your options vs DEs before you jump with a post?"

I didn't say it was op or that deadeye were impossible to kill. I said getting killed by one was frustrating and poor design. You don't feel like this idiot deserved his kill, cause he just appears out of nowhere and one shots you during a fight. Even if you do spot him during your fight, you may no longer have the tools to dodge his stupid one shot skill. No class should be able to deal that much damage with ONE spell.

Or maybe you want a flat power nerf so that zerker ammy and such don't pack as much a punch? Have fun being in the bunker meta from a few years ago where literally no one died in an entire match.

You do enjoy your strawman. I don't want to nerf every glass cannon build, I don't mind set up and one shots if there is a big tell or if there is counter to it.
    What I don't like is an idiotic spec that can one shot you FROM STEALTH. You managed to dodge ? Good, now the thief is at the other side of the map & in stealth he didn't suffer any consequences.
    I don't want all high damage specs nerfed, I don't want a bunker meta, I just want poorly designed specs gutted. It used to be the case in WoW that such specs with braindead easy rotations had next to no damage in PvP (think BM hunters). The same should be applied here.

• I don't recall BM hunters having stealth, But I didn't play wow much. Sounds like you just hate being one shot, and hate being one shot from stealth even more so. It's understandably frustrating, but when you say this:

@Aodlop.1907 said:
    No class should be able to deal that much damage with ONE spell.

That's like, your opinion man. You have the right to have one, but as you can see by the thread responses you won't find many people that agree with you, especially when you're attacking a class that repeatedly gets nerf hammered, and a skill that literally JUST got nerf hammered, lol.

• syszery.1592syszery.1592 Member ✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:
    I didn't say it was op or that deadeye were impossible to kill. I said getting killed by one was frustrating and poor design. You don't feel like this idiot deserved his kill, cause he just appears out of nowhere and one shots you during a fight. Even if you do spot him during your fight, you may no longer have the tools to dodge his stupid one shot skill. No class should be able to deal that much damage with ONE spell.

And what is the difference to any other viable thief spec in spvp then in your opinion? +1 fights is all about timing and pressing the right buttons. If you get killed by pewpew during a 1v1 or 2v2 it's because you didn't pay attention to what is going on on the rest of the map.

Tl;dr: This idiot totally deserves the kill because he 100% fits his role as +1/assassin/roamer...

I don't recall BM hunters having stealth

They've had one since Mists of Pandaria.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=199483/camouflage
    But stealth doesn't matter here. What I said about WoW is that specs with stupid easy rotations were gutted in PvP, that is all.

And what is the difference to any other viable thief spec in spvp then in your opinion?

The fact that these specs are more comitted ?

• Considering the recent nerf, I am afraid gutting the DE to "unplayable" levels as what you have stated on your original post will never be possible. While the spec is understandably frustrating to fight against, there are plethora of skills that are available to counter it.

An unsavory fellow beloved by those of unsavory ilk.

• lol the absurd damage per malice stack numbers are still there for DE skills. sad.

• @syszery.1592 said:

@Aodlop.1907 said:

And what is the difference to any other viable thief spec in spvp then in your opinion? +1 fights is all about timing and pressing the right buttons. If you get killed by pewpew during a 1v1 or 2v2 it's because you didn't pay attention to what is going on on the rest of the map.

Tl;dr: This idiot totally deserves the kill because he 100% fits his role as +1/assassin/roamer...

a pewpew dosnt apear of thin air shoot and disapear in thinair with a simple dodge

The problem is STEALTH, STEALTH(as implemented in GW2) is a stupid mechanic for a "competitive" game based on tab targeting.

STEALTH is a great concept for a movement related skill, not for a combat skill where stealth users can enter freely in stealth mode when focused by one or more toons

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018

Deadeyes trade a kit that helps them contest the point for one that helps them +1 anyone already on the point.

If you want to not get +1ed hard, make thieves better duelists, but I don't think you'll want that.

Its either they're good at +1 and nothing else, good at dueling and bad at team (somehow), or useless for pvp.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

Its either they're good at +1 and nothing else, good at dueling and bad at team (somehow), or useless for pvp.

Useless for PvP is the way to go for deadeye. There are plenty of other thief builds that are all viable.

• the problem is stealth. Remove stealth from the game, problem solved.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:

Useless for PvP is the way to go for deadeye. There are plenty of other thief builds that are all viable.

Define "plenty".

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    the problem is stealth. Remove stealth from the game, problem solved.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:
    "t's really annoying for every one to think it's some godlike spec that can never die and one shot."
    "Have you, sir, tried to exhaust all of your options vs DEs before you jump with a post?"

Or maybe you want a flat power nerf so that zerker ammy and such don't pack as much a punch? Have fun being in the bunker meta from a few years ago where literally no one died in an entire match.

You do enjoy your strawman. I don't want to nerf every glass cannon build, I don't mind set up and one shots if there is a big tell or if there is counter to it.
    What I don't like is an idiotic spec that can one shot you FROM STEALTH. You managed to dodge ? Good, now the thief is at the other side of the map & in stealth he didn't suffer any consequences.
    I don't want all high damage specs nerfed, I don't want a bunker meta, I just want poorly designed specs gutted. It used to be the case in WoW that such specs with braindead easy rotations had next to no damage in PvP (think BM hunters). The same should be applied here.

This is why thief /DE has been ruined over the last few yrs. if thief wasn’t annoying to fit against it wouldn’t be a thief/rouge character lol they have such low hp/sustain that they need to use mobility and burst to take some one out and that’s how it should be considering it’s thief architecture.backstabs,stealth and quick burst are thiefs gimmicks and it has large weaknesses to compensate. We all talk about these powercrept Zerg builds that can one shot being so annoying but thing is is a non zerk build might as well be a zerk when fighting thief lol.thiefs are downed very fast if they get hit hense resetting etc, which again annoys players further.without their burst DE would be low mobility,low hp/sustain and mediocre damage,doesn’t sound like I’d be very effective lol,for the record I hate DE too.just sucks that core and DD are so weak now,mediocre damage cuz burst nurfs,mobility nurfs thru unhindered,no hp/sustain buffs to compensate. It’s like people want thief buried just for being thief like haha

• Lol please. If the DE specs DA or CS for burst, they will have no sustain or mobility. If they spec SA for perma stealth and the sustain, they give up tons of damage. It's fine, lern2play issue.

• @TorQ.7041 said:

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Problem is quickness.

Death's Judgement is a .5 second skill not 1. My post was about having quickness and using Deaths Judgement since it speeds up the attack and it's too fast to dodge on reaction. There are other ways to get quickness besides the trait for Mark. I know how to deal with Deadeyes and don't have any problem closing in on them or defending. Quickness on DoJ just takes out some counterplay.

@kodesh.2851 said:
    Lol please. If the DE specs DA or CS for burst, they will have no sustain or mobility. If they spec SA for perma stealth and the sustain, they give up tons of damage. It's fine, lern2play issue.

It's fine if they're bad. Not every single spec or build NEEDS to be viable in PvP. Some specs are low effort/high reward and should belong in PvE only.

• syszery.1592syszery.1592 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

@Aodlop.1907 said:

Interesting. How can someone who plays many games on deadeye be in top ten EU if deadeye is so useless?

@Aodlop.1907 said:

@kodesh.2851 said:
    Lol please. If the DE specs DA or CS for burst, they will have no sustain or mobility. If they spec SA for perma stealth and the sustain, they give up tons of damage. It's fine, lern2play issue.

It's fine if they're bad. Not every single spec or build NEEDS to be viable in PvP. Some specs are low effort/high reward and should belong in PvE only.

This is just your personal opinion. What class/build do you play? Would it be ok for you if this is nerf'ed to the ground with the next balance patch?

edited January 3, 2019

grow the hell up and learn counterplay and avoidance. There's plenty of counterplay against a D

https://bit.ly/2SynFaY
    Right. This guy totally had it comming and really needs to L2P.
    To think specs like deadeye & scourge exist in the same game as weavers is mindblowing to me.
    And yes, this video is pre-nerf, but my screenshot on this thread is not, they still deal absurd damage and neef further gutting.

I like thief a lot. not a fan of DE,just don’t find it very fun personally but I love that it creates soo much salt and whining haha I hope more thief players get tired of their gutted core/dd specs( again ruined by whiner cry babies) and jump onto DE and produce more even more salt, community deserves it lol

I don’t like this class whaaaa,I just got bursted by a class that’s dead in two hits whaaaa nurf nurf it’s to op lol man I die constantly yet I’d never want another class gutted basically ruining a class that’s fun for others,asking for small adjustments or buff in ur own class is one thing but to want a class ruined is another. DE arnt that big an issue lol

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

Why Passive aggressive on scourge tho

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Problem is quickness.

Death's Judgement is a .5 second skill not 1. My post was about having quickness and using Deaths Judgement since it speeds up the attack and it's too fast to dodge on reaction. There are other ways to get quickness besides the trait for Mark. I know how to deal with Deadeyes and don't have any problem closing in on them or defending. Quickness on DoJ just takes out some counterplay.

You act as if a DE can instantly 1 shot thru 1 deaths judgement. A deaths judgement with no might stack is not all that high. It becomes massive after spamming skill 3 to stack 25 might.u need spotter shot, 2-3 3 round burst for malice and the f2 skill to stealth then deaths judgement.

The 5 buttons u have to press even with quickness does not take .5 seconds, it's more like 1.5 I know because I play alot of DE. Only players who arent aware n don't react die to it. And that barely happens at or above gold.

Most of the time I save the burst n just shoot till all cool downs r gone before I actually use it. Which is how the game is suppose to be played.

So no it does not take .5 seconds to down some one with quickness because 1 skill does not do 25k dmg instantly.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019

@Aodlop.1907 said:

grow the hell up and learn counterplay and avoidance. There's plenty of counterplay against a D

https://bit.ly/2SynFaY
    Right. This guy totally had it comming and really needs to L2P.
    To think specs like deadeye & scourge exist in the same game as weavers is mindblowing to me.
    And yes, this video is pre-nerf, but my screenshot on this thread is not, they still deal absurd damage and neef further gutting.

So we need to buff those 2 classes?
    😄

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

@zoopop.5630 said:
    Dodge on stealth with Shadow Art is the most dumbest cheese spec a class can have to stomp a kitten of noobs in rank.

Remove the stealth on dodge and i'll be happy.

Silent scope makes you wonder if competitive game modes are considered at all when designing specs.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

Stealth on dodge is just bad design, but I agree with others that the spec isn't all that bad in terms of overall power. It currently keeps some builds in check in lower rankings, but there's probably better ways for that to happen.

Personally, I go D/P DrD anytime I see a deadeye on the other team and have fun farming them.

@Marxx.5021 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:
    Dodge on stealth with Shadow Art is the most dumbest cheese spec a class can have to stomp a kitten of noobs in rank.

Remove the stealth on dodge and i'll be happy.

Silent scope makes you wonder if competitive game modes are considered at all when designing specs.

They are not,pve is what the specs are balanced towards

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem with Deadeye is not 1v1s. In 1v1, the fight is generally pretty fair if you know what you're doing. Sure, the stealth is annoying, but w/e. Every class has their gimmick.

The problem is their +1 potential. They face virtually no risk in a +1 scenario unless their target has perfect reaction times. Their tells are significantly subtler in +1 scenarios than a power shatter one-shot mesmer.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• @Vagrant.7206 said:
    The problem with Deadeye is not 1v1s. In 1v1, the fight is generally pretty fair if you know what you're doing. Sure, the stealth is annoying, but w/e. Every class has their gimmick.

The problem is their +1 potential. They face virtually no risk in a +1 scenario unless their target has perfect reaction times. Their tells are significantly subtler in +1 scenarios than a power shatter one-shot mesmer.

Exactly. This is why you should never be able to stack stats such that you can kill in a second, it's terrible gameplay. The argument that a 1 shot build is ok because the opponent HAS to dodge it or die instantly makes no sense in arena 5 man pvp. Imaging an attack that was described as '1 shot opponent if they don't avoid it' that's what we have here.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Exactly. This is why you should never be able to stack stats such that you can kill in a second, it's terrible gameplay. The argument that a 1 shot build is ok because the opponent HAS to dodge it or die instantly makes no sense in arena 5 man pvp. Imaging an attack that was described as '1 shot opponent if they don't avoid it' that's what we have here.

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen an MMO where one-shot builds were considered "ok" unless their drawbacks were incredibly severe. Power-shatter mesmer fits this bill -- once it shoots its load, it's extremely vulnerable. Deadeye does not fit this bill. The stealth and teleports leave the user well-defended even after they blow their load, and they often still have plenty of damage output to boot after their primary strike.

They are balanced in a duel, but in a team battle this can be utterly devastating unless your team is prepared to counter it, which rarely occurs in the random matches.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• ferbz.6987ferbz.6987 Member ✭✭

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen an MMO where one-shot builds were considered "ok" unless their drawbacks were incredibly severe. Power-shatter mesmer fits this bill -- once it shoots its load, it's extremely vulnerable. Deadeye does not fit this bill. The stealth and teleports leave the user well-defended even after they blow their load, and they often still have plenty of damage output to boot after their primary strike.

They are balanced in a duel, but in a team battle this can be utterly devastating unless your team is prepared to counter it, which rarely occurs in the random matches.

Yes, Mesmer after one shotting you needs their defenses... Makes sense. DE one shots in spvp are non existent at least not semi average ranking. But going back to Mesmer, yeah they def don't have enough stealth, invuls, dodges, teleports, 5+ clones, reflects, crystals (provides mirage cloak) burst and sustain (all stackable too!) like thief does. Want to talk about the New chronobunker, or soulbeast? No? That's what I thought. What are you playing WOW or FFXIV because gw2 is not one.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Mesmer was the worst example... especially since your argument on thief is "protected by stealth and ports"...

One shot builds with huge drawbacks go to elementalists, holo (the build I use anyway) and DH...
    On those builds you either burst someone into downstate or kill yourself in the process of trying.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

• @ferbz.6987 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Yes, Mesmer after one shotting you needs their defenses... Makes sense. DE one shots in spvp are non existent at least not semi average ranking. But going back to Mesmer, yeah they def don't have enough stealth, invuls, dodges, teleports, 5+ clones, reflects, crystals (provides mirage cloak) burst and sustain (all stackable too!) like thief does. Want to talk about the New chronobunker, or soulbeast? No? That's what I thought. What are you playing WOW or FFXIV because gw2 is not one.

Applies to all professions and rank, from a design perspective the ability for any player to take 100% of a another players health in a second or so is poor gameplay and design for pvp.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019

After the recent changes I think it’s fine. I’m not so pleased with how much escape they have and that they can endlessly retry; I feel like things like that need to eventually, and reliably run out. Also sure it sucks to get +1ed... But that has always been thieves job, and head to head it’s never been to difficult to simply anticipate their shot and dodge.

It’s not like they can reliably take a point from you head to head if you out play them.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.