24-28 bag bug?

Candy.6835

I'm HOPING this is a bug because with those bags being soulbound I can't upgrade any of my 28 slot bags since they're on a character currently. I've pulled one off and have it in my bank to try and discover the 32 slot recipe needed with my tailor (who is not the one they are soulbound to) and I can't do it. It won't appear on the list. Please tell me this is a bug and not an actual feature meaning I've thrown away nearly 1k in gold.

• 2 weeks later...

What I've found today when I decided to level up said character in tailoring that they're all soulbound to is that the system/bags/recipe isn't reading any bags placed into a bank. Even when I was on the character it's soulbound to I had to pull the bag out of the bank before the recipe's acknowledged that I did have a 28 slot bag. Once it was in my inventory the recipe acknowledged and I could continue upgrading it. I'm only updating to tell people how to do it the round about way and maybe to help a dev find out where the bug is going by helping pinpoint the issue.

@Candy.6835 said:What I've found today when I decided to level up said character in tailoring that they're all soulbound to is that the system/bags/recipe isn't reading any bags placed into a bank. Even when I was on the character it's soulbound to I had to pull the bag out of the bank before the recipe's acknowledged that I did have a 28 slot bag. Once it was in my inventory the recipe acknowledged and I could continue upgrading it. I'm only updating to tell people how to do it the round about way and maybe to help a dev find out where the bug is going by helping pinpoint the issue.

Well, yeah. Crafting discovery will find and use items in the collections storage (crafting materials), but items that don't go into collection storage have always needed to be in your inventory as the system won't see anything in your account bank. It's been that way as far as I can remember.

Still though, I would hope the 24 and 28 slot bags becoming soul bound is a bug. They really should be account bound when crafted and stay account bound after equipping them. It really doesn't make sense because when you upgrade them to a 32 slot bag they are account bound.

Archived