How do you get your obsidian shards?

Clyan.1593

The one thing I continuously have to worry about are the obsi shards.Usually I don't have any, so if I craft a legendary I go and buy them with Karma from the Balthazar event vendor from the core Orr map.

But... this also means I'm always low on Karma.I know there are different ways to get obsi shards, so now I wonder what would be the most efficient way to get them.I have a ton of volatile magic, yet I do not want to spend it, since Ep5 is coming up and I want to buy the Karma boosters.

So how do you acquire obsi shards?

If your guild have a PoF hall, by mining the ore nod there you can obtain Obsidian Shards. By gathering daily you can drop around 10 per week.Another good source is the commendation vendor in the same GH. Sometimes it sells large bags of Obsidian Shards - you can have 3 bags (= 30 shards) when you find this item.Also, the ley energy converter - you can find bags of obsidian shards (small / normal/ large = 3 / 5 / 10 shards) Also worth checking every day.Chest runs in Silverwastes also gives you a lot of Shards. If you have enough patience to run these. It may be a very boring activity.As Klipso says the WwW reward tracks are a good source - if you play WvW.

I gather from the Pot guild hall when I remember and that gets me some. I get others from WvW and Silverwastes (not that I go there often these days).

But if I want a lot quickly I farm karma and buy them from the vendor at the temple of Balthazar. I don't think there's a way to get them which is both quick and cheap.

@"Smeerlap.2698" said:From Karma farmed in Bitterfrost, then buy Shards in Straits of Deva.. Duva.. EVERYONE COME !! - what's that zone name .. Glorious Cathedral vendor.

Devastation :) Here's a link to the Vendor https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tactician_Deathstrider#vendor1

The combination of this Karma vendor and the Ley-Energy Matter Converter https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter really works well for me.

I've gotten from a variety of sources....all named above. But my go-to source is the karma vendor at the Cathedral of Glorious Victory. I buy them in stacks of 250... so I'm always in karma farming mode.

I use the shards because I am perpetually in the process of crafting a legendary and, at the same time, constantly building up mats for ascended armor and weapon crafting.

@"Clyan.1593" said:So how do you acquire obsi shards?

1. By farming the desert guild hall.
  2. By using any of these daily: Fractal Reliquary, Karmic Converter, Ley-Energy Matter Converter.
  3. By exchanging Unbound Magic for them (when I am in need of a huge amount).
  4. You can also farm the Silverwastes if you don't have access to any of the above.
  5. WvW reward tracks can be helpful with these, too.

Archived