How to make Macros with Text Blocks that contain unicode for gw2?

Nor.2057

Hello! ive been trying to make text macros to add flavour to various instances while gaming, for example a new guildie joined i like to use gw2 unicode text like ☮☯☀☁☂☃☄ └[☉0☉]┛ WELCOME └[☉x☉]┛ ☣☪☠☢ but cant use any macro program that carries over the unicode i just get a mess of ????? ???? ???? ????

been trying to use logitech setpoint software textblock macro utility with the unicode check but i just get a mess , tried as well with autohotkey but similar results it does work with simple copy n paste which i could do on autohotkey...i think...but any simpler workarounds that you know?

pd: also wut is the unicode format gw2 uses on its chat...

While your intended usage is kind of situational and unobstrusive, other people are far less considerate. Supporting unicode text in chat would result in endless spam in mapchats, ascii "art" being pasted, rude gestures or other "things" being posted that would otherwise get filtered out. I believe that GW2 does not support it for a very good reason and I am happy about that.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Can't you just save as unicode-supported .txt file and copy/paste?

Thats what im doing but wanted to add it as a macro xD i hate alt tabbing i guess :P

@"Shikigami.4013" said:While your intended usage is kind of situational and unobstrusive, other people are far less considerate. Supporting unicode text in chat would result in endless spam in mapchats, ascii "art" being pasted, rude gestures or other "things" being posted that would otherwise get filtered out. I believe that GW2 does not support it for a very good reason and I am happy about that.

it is supported since you can copy n paste it and works lol , dont see it so abused but i guess i dont visit LA that much └[☉x☉]┛

@"Shikigami.4013" said:While your intended usage is kind of situational and unobstrusive, other people are far less considerate. Supporting unicode text in chat would result in endless spam in mapchats, ascii "art" being pasted, rude gestures or other "things" being posted that would otherwise get filtered out. I believe that GW2 does not support it for a very good reason and I am happy about that.

The OP's identified the specific unicode that already works in chat. I use it in Messages of the Day and I've seen more than a few g-recruiters who use it (more who over-use it, as it turns out). The OP is asking for an easier way to post that snippet they've saved.

@Nor.2057 said:Thats what im doing but wanted to add it as a macro xD i hate alt tabbing i guess :PI can relate.

It's possible that you could add the US/international keyboard to your windows-10 and then use the language bar to swap to it as needed. That might allow you to type the necessary key combinations. (I haven't tested that myself though. And I'm not sure whether you can use a macro to summon the right keyboard, using windowskey+space.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The OP's identified the specific unicode that already works in chat. I use it in
Messages of the Day
and I've seen more than a few g-recruiters who use it (more who over-use it, as it turns out). The OP is asking for an easier way to post that snippet they've saved.

Oh - I wasn't aware that it accepts any non-standard characters at all. I just tried pasting some unicode things from http://qaz.wtf/u/ into GW2 guildchat and most of them did not work. Maybe we don't see it abused a lot because only a limited set of characters work :)

Archived