Which class is the most multitasking in term of DPS?

Leinhart.2981

Hello,I play my druid and my BS a lot in raids and fractals, I'm more support oriented. I still don't have a DPS (nor direct nor condition) and I would like to have one just to switch my role sometimes.

I'm not especially interested in playing a lot of characters because I don't have enough time for that. I'm looking for a DPS that can run fractals and the majority of the raids with no problems, but I have to admit that I don't have any idea.

I have a ranger, a thief, a warrior, an elementalist, a mesmer and a necromancer. I know that it is impossible to find a group as a DPS necro and I am not interested in my elem since it is too much commitment for the result compared to the other professions.

Between the other toons I have, what is in your opinion the best choice for me to run as a "multitasking" DPS?

Thanks for your answers!

multitasking in terms of DPS? If I got your question correct the most multitasking in terms of DPS is eleI run my power reaper with no problems in raids and fractlas btw.But ummh no ele, leves the warrior, condi or power both as banner.you need condi in couple of encounters in raids, such VG and Twin Largos.Playing mesmer makes you to specify in CAPS every time that you are DPS.

If by multitasking you mean switching between dps/support roles a mesmer is the best that can switch between support/tank, condi mirage and power chrono.

If by multitasking you mean a class that is good for all bosses and fractals then any dps class that has both a decent condi and power build is a good choice. You need to be able to switch between condi and power when needed as a dps.

Guardian with power DH and condi firebrand is a good choiceEngineer with condi and power holo builds is also a good choice and both are pretty good in fractals.

Other choices could be mesmers (see above) and thieves with power deadeyes and condi daredevils.

Hi, happy new year!

By multitasking I mean able to perform in a maximum of bosses without having to switch gears or class! I want to play only one DPS because it isn"t my main role at all, so I want a DPS able to perform in a maximum of bosses (and also in fractals if possible but it's less important ^^)

@"Leinhart.2981" said:Hi, happy new year!

By multitasking I mean able to perform in a maximum of bosses without having to switch gears or class! I want to play only one DPS because it isn"t my main role at all, so I want a DPS able to perform in a maximum of bosses (and also in fractals if possible but it's less important ^^)

Without having to switch gear? Only warrior fit that critteria as you can transition between DPS and Banner Slave... Anything else will at bare minimum require you to change your gear when switching roles.

But if you mean, "Being able to play dps in all bosses" I'm pretty sure most power DPS professions can do that.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"Leinhart.2981" said:Hi, happy new year!

Without having to switch gear? Only warrior fit that critteria as you can transition between DPS and Banner Slave... Anything else will at bare minimum require you to change your gear when switching roles.

But if you mean, "Being able to play dps in all bosses" I'm pretty sure most power DPS professions can do that.

Yep when I say without having to switch gears, I mean for the same role, aka DPS! A full zerk or a full viper still stay strong for a condi or direct DPS. I don't think that thieves have to switch they gears before each fight

@Leinhart.2981 said:

@Leinhart.2981 said:Hi, happy new year!

Yep when I say without having to switch gears, I mean for the same role, aka DPS! A full zerk or a full viper still stay strong for a condi or direct DPS. I don't think that thieves have to switch they gears before each fight

None. Some bosses are heavily favoring power, other condition damage.

Which type of damage you do depends on gear, not build (well build too but primarily gear). As such if you want to switch between power and condition damage you will always be required to change gear.

Thief's switch between Daredevil (for power cleave) and Deadeye (for power single target). If you want to run condition damage with a Thief, you have to change to condition gear just as any other class.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Leinhart.2981 said:Hi, happy new year!

None. Some bosses are heavily favoring power, other condition damage.

Which type of damage you do depends on gear, not build (well build too but primarily gear). As such if you want to switch between power and condition damage you will always be required to change gear.

Thief's switch between Daredevil (for power cleave) and Deadeye (for power single target). If you want to run condition damage with a Thief, you have to change to condition gear just as any other class.

Yeah I know that lol I just want to stay or condi or direct. I'm not interested in switching before each fight because this isn"t my main so I will not craft my DPS 36 differents gears^^

@Leinhart.2981 said:

@"kasoki.5180" said:Power dps is more than enough for every boss in fratals.

Warrior is probably your best bet since its probably easiest to play out of all the other professions you have

I don't mind if the class is hard to learn or not. Just the elem is imo a loss of time for such a result...

Condi engineer is just as hard as Weaver, so I guess this one can be scratched out too... But then again, it's not one of your 5 characters.

But here: Pretty much every profession have a viable Power and Condition build (This was already said before btw). Some weaker than the others (nobody takes necromancers). You should just go look at Snow Crows and try the builds out and see if you like playing them.

I would defnilty go for a power based Dps class. Condi is supoptimal in my PoV. Many Bosses (counting in Fractals as well now 99/100CM etc.) have diffrent "phases" where they loose all Conditions and you have to reapply them afterwards.Ofc. if you are in love with condition feel free to play it, im not saying its bad or anything. Slowly but surly is also one way to wing the "game" ^^

In Raids, the only Bosses where Condi surpasses Power based Dmg is Matthias, Cairn, Soulles Horror and Largos.But its not like Power wont work on these Bosses. Its just not that effective.

So from the classes you have. I would go for Power Daredevil.Great Dps, easy "rotation". You cant "fail" this one. And if you bring in some "Errors" inside our Rotation its easy to get back in. You also would have a bit of cleave. I wouldnt go for Deadeye, the Dps diffrence is is too small (for me, only 1k o smth) to be that much relevant. And your stolen skill from certain Raidbosses can be quite handy.

Another Class i would recommend with a bit more sustain via blocks etc, is Power DH, which would also mean bit more cleave cause of traps, but an harder Rotation if you want to master it. Since you dont have it i would defnitly go for Power Daredevil ^^(which also would be easier for you as its not your main Role) ;D

@"Oli.4597" said:I would defnilty go for a power based Dps class. Condi is supoptimal in my PoV. Many Bosses (counting in Fractals as well now 99/100CM etc.) have diffrent "phases" where they loose all Conditions and you have to reapply them afterwards.Ofc. if you are in love with condition feel free to play it, im not saying its bad or anything. Slowly but surly is also one way to wing the "game" ^^

In Raids, the only Bosses where Condi surpasses Power based Dmg is Matthias, Cairn, Soulles Horror and Largos.But its not like Power wont work on these Bosses. Its just not that effective.

So from the classes you have. I would go for Power Daredevil.Great Dps, easy "rotation". You cant "fail" this one. And if you bring in some "Errors" inside our Rotation its easy to get back in. You also would have a bit of cleave. I wouldnt go for Deadeye, the Dps diffrence is is too small (for me, only 1k o smth) to be that much relevant. And your stolen skill from certain Raidbosses can be quite handy.

Another Class i would recommend with a bit more sustain via blocks etc, is Power DH, which would also mean bit more cleave cause of traps, but an harder Rotation if you want to master it. Since you dont have it i would defnitly go for Power Daredevil ^^(which also would be easier for you as its not your main Role) ;D

I would also add dhuum as condi surpasses power a little on the initial 90 percent.

@"Oli.4597" said:I would defnilty go for a power based Dps class. Condi is supoptimal in my PoV. Many Bosses (counting in Fractals as well now 99/100CM etc.) have diffrent "phases" where they loose all Conditions and you have to reapply them afterwards.Ofc. if you are in love with condition feel free to play it, im not saying its bad or anything. Slowly but surly is also one way to wing the "game" ^^

I'll look at the thief then, 2019 is a new year for my thief!

It's time for me to run a full zerk thief ! I played zerk elem for a long time, I guess it is not harder to survive as a thief... ^^

Thank you for your advices!

@Leinhart.2981 said:

It's time for me to run a full zerk thief ! I played zerk elem for a long time, I guess it is not harder to survive as a thief... ^^

Thief is definately fun, at least I think so.

If you are used to Eli you might find it a bit dull since the rotation is a lot easier. Maybe something like DH or FB might be interesting (still easy but slightly more challenging) and allows spreading into support builds.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Thief is definately fun, at least I think so.

If you are used to Eli you might find it a bit dull since the rotation is a lot easier. Maybe something like DH or FB might be interesting (still easy but slightly more challenging) and allows spreading into support builds.

I'll try it in WvW aswell full zerk, it'll be a good exercise to learn how to survive! Thief is one of the funniest classes IMO with the war! I prefer close range classes, I think they are funnier!

Archived