Game crashes during initial install — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Game crashes during initial install

Krylanceo.5834Krylanceo.5834 Member
edited December 31, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

How it going folks, I've been playing Guild Wars 2 on and off now for a few years but this is my first trip officially to the forums.

So heres the deal, recently bought a brand new PC with an i7 processor and Ge force 2070 graphics card. Im in the proccess of downloading GW2 on my new PC as I type, the problem is whenever the game says 'Playable' and I launch it my screen flashes 3 times and it crashes. I have no other issues launching any other game on my PC just tried Perfect World and it came up fine and also OverWatch.

Any suggestions on what may be causing it or what i can do to fix it?

Comments

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW2 can default to an invalid resolution on Windows 10. Try launching with the -windowed option, and if that works, you can then set your desired resolution within the game.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.