Next expansion selling point ⇒ Cast your votes! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Next expansion selling point ⇒ Cast your votes!

Comments

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭
    New PvP game modes (Battlegrounds, Heroes' Ascent, Guild vs Guild, Battle Royale, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, etc)

I could not vote for nearly as many as i'd like to, i settled with the PvP stuff though since i would love to have more game modes... Definitely my second favorite would be player housing, followed very very closely by old content update.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the only thing that tempted me in that list was "Hard Mode".

The only thing I really want is for ANet to start making fun and challenging enemies, not just hard hitting hp sponges (or useless grunts that just die to AA), but enemies using the same skill and builds that we got, and some decent AI to match it. Have the enemies fight with the same build rules that we have.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "GW2 is a MSOFGG: Mass Singleplayer Online Fashion Grinding Game" -me

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Technical upgrades (Engine updates, build and wardrobe templates, return of districts, friend list updates, real open world, etc)

@joneirikb.7506 said:

The only thing I really want is for ANet to start making fun and challenging enemies, not just hard hitting hp sponges (or useless grunts that just die to AA), but enemies using the same skill and builds that we got, and some decent AI to match it. Have the enemies fight with the same build rules that we have.

iirc: in gw1, enemies used the same skills as players and this caused serious issues because whenever they re-balanced a skill it could break encounters that used these skills

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

None of the above.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    New single player activities (Player housing, new crafting disciplines, crafting updates, fishing, adventure updates, etc)

@Lonami.2987 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:
    As for Guildwars 3.. Pfft no way.
    We're not even remotely done with the games main story about the Elder Dragons and there is so much potential for other stories to be told both before and after.
    We don't need a Gw3 and won't need one until the Devs decide they can't do anything more with Gw2 mechanically.. and I doubt the game will get to that point for a very long time yet.
    I'd bet Guildwars 2 has at least 5-7 more years left in it before we've even finish up the main story.

Any game can last forever if the developers want to. The problem here is profitability, which depends a lot on marketing and player retention.

GW2 did very poorly on release. Yeah, we got a lot of players, but we lost too many as well, which has led to lot of people to believe, still today, that GW2 flopped and is a dead game. If they were to make GW3, using GW2 assets (same models and mechanics), lot of those who were disappointed by GW2's first impressions would give it another opportunity, even if it's pretty much the same game.

That's why GW3 has a lot of potential. Many of GW2's mistakes were fixed, but lot of the people who left because of those mistakes is never going to come back.

The story is pretty stale and doesn't help any bit either. The whole worldbuilding around GW2 has been a huge mess without direction since day one, feeling like a soap opera, instead of an epic fantasy tale. GW3 could be a huge reset button, an opportunity to ditch the current plots and start anew.

Far to great a risk imo..

The Gw1 fanbase that left did so in part because of how different the games are.. recapturing that fanbase would likely require returning many of the Gw1 elements that the devs removed for a reason.. such as the excessive skill/build system and the team based PvE content.

Gw2 has succeeded Gw1 in terms of total player population.. I think it was something like 6 Million for Gw1 vs over 8 Million for Gw2 last time I checked (which was a while ago admittedly)
    I can speak from personal experience however that I feel Gw2 is far more populated than Gw1 was, Even with Gw1's freedom to transfer between region servers for free.. Gw2 since the Megaserver update has always felt significantly more active than Gw1 ever was.. and I played that game more or less from the launch year and still do on occasion to this day.

A Guildwars 3 at this point would be very foolish to attempt just to recapture a smaller player base than the one Gw2 already has.. specially if it ment cutting Gw2's story short just to push out a sequel game.
    This would infuriate the current Gw2 playerbase who would rightly feel betrayed by this decision.. specially now when the game's story etc has never been better.

If it payed off.. sure Gw3 would succeed Gw2 and Anet may turn a decent profit..
    If it didn't Gw3 would be literally DoA as the Gw1 fans didn't come back as hoped and the Gw2 fans had no faith left in the company and refused to support it either at all or in the same way they have with Gw2.. and Anet would be completely screwed at that point.

That's way to big a risk imo.. specially when it means killing off Gw2 by rushing into a poor quality finale.
    I can speak as someone who has put a lot of money into this game since 2012.. if they did such a thing I would be absolutely one of those who would not have faith in Gw3..
    I may play it sure but I sure as hell wouldn't put any money into the game outside of the base game costs and maybe expansions.. and I sure as hell wouldn't continue investing money into Gw2 either... and I really doubt i'm the only one who feels that way.

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

iirc: in gw1, enemies used the same skills as players and this caused serious issues because whenever they re-balanced a skill it could break encounters that used these skills

Yup, I remember, and it was still one of my favorite things about the game. Quite possibly we would get some balance fixes that way ;)

"Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Technical upgrades (Engine updates, build and wardrobe templates, return of districts, friend list updates, real open world, etc)

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Quite possibly we would get some balance fixes that way ;)

do you believe that yourself?

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Honestly, nope. At least not beyond fixing the absolutely most broken stuff. Since NPC's likely wouldn't be using killer meta builds, nor using them well even if they where. There is a reason for that smily.

• Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭
    New PvE game modes (New progression systems, new map meta events, classic questing, procedural dungeons, cooperative missions, hard mode in the open world, roguelike elite missions, new hardcore world bosses, etc)

@Tails.9372 said:
    I want to see a proper racing mode (similar to how sPvP and WvW are their own game modes) with real race tracks, not these improvised OW ones or the obstacle course we got for halloween. Beetle races in particular have a lot of potential and I hate to see it wasted like that. Put it in the mists so we have an excuse to use any kind of environment.

Yeah, I would love these too. Just copy the mechanics from other games like Mario Kart.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

That's one of the things I miss from GW1 the most :I.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Honestly, nope. At least not beyond fixing the absolutely most broken stuff. Since NPC's likely wouldn't be using killer meta builds, nor using them well even if they where. There is a reason for that smily.

Think of how much harder enemy AI would be if they learned to dodge again. You could do less HP sponge if they did that alone.

Even now the most frustrating enemies block, evade, or apply blind.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Neural.1824Neural.1824 Member ✭✭✭✭

New Profession Content: no. Anet hasn't been able to handle balancing what we have. We don't need more.
    New Playable Races: no. no. no. kitten no. It would wind up being a hack job at best, and would leave huge gaping holes in the story, etc. because they would, at best, have to shoehorn in a new personal story segment that somehow is relative, but doesn't require a rewrite of the entire personal story line for all current races so the new race could be included. Tengu is not going to happen. Accept it.
    New PvE game modes: we have enough of these. We don't need more.
    New PvP game modes: If an expansion was sold on this, there would have to be some pretty enticing PvE content as well, otherwise I'd not bother buying.
    New single player activities: This one might get my attention. Changing the crafting system is out though. That's a major overhaul, and while I'd love for a dev to confirm this, I personally see it as impossible at this point in the game.
    New multiplayer activities: Combined with new single player activities (meaning two selling points), now you have my attention. WvW could be so much more than it is currently.
    Aesthetic upgrades: Definitely, though apparently dyes on weapons and back pieces are confirmed to be impossible. :(
    Old content upgrades: Integrating season 1 would be next to impossible without using the fractal system (which isn't a bad idea). You'd need to have zones like Kessex Hills exist in two or three different states at one time. Also, how are gliding and mounts not integrated currently?
    Technical upgrades **: Templates should have been in game when the wardrobe was introduced. This is long overdue.
    **Guild Wars 3 announcement
    : Completely irrelevant to GW2 expansions.

The most important thing for me in an expansion is still maps. I want to see and explore new places. Path of Fire was an incredible addition in this respect, though it has it's annoyances (would like to see a Brandstorm mastery line that allows you to build up resistance to the effects)

Exploration is the biggest selling point for me. The second biggest selling point for an expansion, would be QoL and Polish on existing content (with more emphasis on fixing things and adding features, not on balance).

Soul-binding needs to be allowed to die gracefully. It has expired. It is long past it's time to become a footnote in the history of gaming.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    New profession content (Core professions upgrade, new professions, new weapon types, new gameplay mechanics, etc)

I do not think there is a new profession coming, but expansion biggest selling point is new elites. I will settle for that.

I could care less about LWS5. LWS4 ,and the story as whole, have been terrible since PoF.

• xenon.3264xenon.3264 Member ✭✭✭
    New single player activities (Player housing, new crafting disciplines, crafting updates, fishing, adventure updates, etc)

fishing. i spent days in wow vanilla fishing in alterac valley. i'd love to do the same in gw2

• Smeerlap.2698Smeerlap.2698 Member ✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019
    New PvE game modes (New progression systems, new map meta events, classic questing, procedural dungeons, cooperative missions, hard mode in the open world, roguelike elite missions, new hardcore world bosses, etc)

+New weapons and armors to craft. =)

Playing for 3 years and at least 2 of them have been looking at this Ascended stuff I am wearing and tbh am bored with it.

Have not played for a while but some new type of Armors and Weapons to craft would be nice, at this moment I have no interest in GW2 anymore.

Rare - Exotic - Ascended - Legendary - Mythic - Celestial - something like that.. so move legendary to crafting costs comparable with Ascended.. and the new armor types a bit harder to get.
    But keep it reasonable.. not the ridiculous grind it is today. :s

And add a slot in weapons for a special infusion.. that has a 5% to 15% chance to do a very cool character move.. just a thought, something anything ! B)

Anyway back to my Odyssey.. I got cultists to slay ! ;)

• Jemmi.6058Jemmi.6058 Member ✭✭

So weird that main story and new area isn't a listed item :|

• Mathias.9657Mathias.9657 Member ✭✭✭

It could have the worst features ever and I'd still buy immediately if it was Cantha. I want that beautiful music and visuals.

I can dream..

MESMER MAIN SPOTTED

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Think of how much harder enemy AI would be if they learned to dodge again. You could do less HP sponge if they did that alone.

Even now the most frustrating enemies block, evade, or apply blind.

AI was so good during the betas... Kinda sad they had to nerf it.

@Jemmi.6058 said:
    So weird that main story and new area isn't a listed item :|

It's in the main post: Note that recurrent content is not considered for this thread. I'm assuming new elite specializations, new fractals and raids, new mounts, new PvE and PvP maps, new rewards, etc, will keep being included with every expansion. The topic of the discussion is new stuff we do not expect, which will be potentially featured as one of the next expansion selling points.

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭

I am sorry, but if you read about future plans for GW2, there is no expansion at all in them. LS5 is here for 1.5 or 2 years, and then we will see.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, with the current competition in this cruel MMO world, ANET should bring from everything - the more, the better.

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭
    New profession content (Core professions upgrade, new professions, new weapon types, new gameplay mechanics, etc)

New PvE modes could be fun, as long as I don’t have to collect or craft something else to be able to do it (the equivalent of agony resistance, for instance).

New aesthetic and profession options could be great — anything that let’s me customize the way my characters look and interact with the world! =)

WHY would some announcement about a GW3 make you want to buy an expansion to GW2??? Wouldn’t that make you LESS likely as that would signal an end to new content, fewer players, etc.?

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

@Pirindolo.9427 said:
    I am sorry, but if you read about future plans for GW2, there is no expansion at all in them. LS5 is here for 1.5 or 2 years, and then we will see.

Yes, it's actually quite sad. Rereading this thread, looking at all that hopes and dreams people had only a very short time ago, and knowing they won't be realized.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

ANet would need to get things together before they do anything monumental such as a new expansion.

After the whole "overhaul" of staff, I don't think I can see ANet's next expansion happening.
    I can expect them to do an engine/directX update but even that's long since overdue

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to see them come out with something, delete the whole thing, then replace it, then break it from even being usable. Oh wait they did that with deadeye and mirage already thanks anet. Great reason for me to not buy another expansion.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

Answering a poll about what we want in expansion 3 for GW2 currently, is like going to a vegan restaurant and debating what kind of seasoning we want for our steak...

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭
    New multiplayer activities (Guild updates, WvW alliances, roleplaying tools, miniature battles, mount race tournaments, etc)

It would be the possibility of New Character Customization features- new hairstyles/ new faces/ new options added to character creator we have yet to see. It would be better than what we have - that's what I'd want. If it just seems to be left in the dust, I'd just fall out of the game because the thing I enjoy most of GW2 is fitting into the story I'm dealt & that involved having a character I can be proud to log onto when I do - something I can show. We have so many doll-puddy-baby faces for humans & it's annoying.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

to be honest continued access to LW and new story content is enough for me.
    "Endgame" is pointless in a game that does not end.

went with single player activities because it feels the least like a pipe dream

• BadSanta.6527BadSanta.6527 Member ✭✭✭

my selling point will be getting finally my first elite spec for ranger please change dev for us

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Selling point? The fact it's a Guildwars 2 expansion. I don't need a reason other than that.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

Char Tank mount

edited May 2, 2019

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

LS5 will be right after LS4, as ANET said. But they didn't say "no plans for 3rd expansion".

Wishlist:
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

LS5 will be right after LS4, as ANET said. But they didn't say "no plans for 3rd expansion".

"The Living World of Guild Wars 2 is a great way for us to accomplish all of that. It’s the best way to provide our player community with regular content updates—great features, new horizons to explore, and an engaging story that brings our world and characters to life—without charging a subscription fee."

That's from the recent "What's next" post. I know denial can be a thing but this is as clear as it gets.

• Duncanmix.5238Duncanmix.5238 Member ✭✭

I would like new elite specs, but I voted for new pve stuff.
    I remember someone mentioned progressing trough never ending harsh terrain, and the further u get, the harder it becomes. So if you put it, lets say far shiverpeaks, everyone can clear level 1-10, but as you move deeper into shiverpeaks it becomes colder and colder and you need more heal or whatever mechanics is required. It would be fun to see teams that break records and interesting strategies used to overcome some super high levels.
    But yea overall, I just wish there was more new and fresh stuff.

• MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭

When they will add ability to vote for a few points at once? Also, why "new area with maps on par with PoF and HoT maps, with new unique game mechanics bundled with it" is not included? This is the first thing I would expect from an expansion.
    Welp, from the offered list it will be new PvE game modes then, especially hard mode versions of all regular OpenWorld maps (similar to CMs in Fractals) and procedurally generated dungeons / other kind of highly-replayable content.

• Tumult.2578Tumult.2578 Member ✭✭

I couldn't vote. I tried to vote with none of the options selected but cant. None are desirable to me. The only thing I want from a new expansion is that it does not destroy most previous effort, and core Tyria is protected from it. For example, mounts destroyed the effort expended on Map Completion, among other things, it's a simple stroll now, and mounts are used exclusively on level 15 maps, assuring we lose many new players trying to level up.
    After the Gift of Battle fiasco, I wont buy anything until I know exactly what I'm spending my money on. The trust is gone. I've played consistently since day 3 and I own both expansions and purchased tons of gems, so don't bother with the "support the game" baloney. I had the most fun in year one, and I'd go back in a second if I could. If you were here, you likely know what I mean.
    They could surprise me with the next expansion, but I'd just have to wait and see it now first, before I buy.

• Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2019

New single player activities
    Archeology- Might be something fun to add or something like this. We already have the tools in game with Desert Highlands buried treasure hunt. But the rewards from that are lack luster. A couple blues maybe a green.
    Revamping or adding a new single player activity with some future update could spark more interest in older maps if it were used worldwide and not tied to an expansion, but whatever you like or the constraints are.
    New achievements could be made and collections to unlock the next collection kinda thing or not/ and just new improved items and CHANCE and getting something really cool. Some ideas:

• unidentifieds(of course), collection items , common items(ingots/planks : refined mats), rare metabolic food/utility things, rare crafting recipes(food), super rare mount skins or glider skins or schematics that allow you to craft your own mount/glider skins(ascended level crafting? or maybe exotic scribe thing? or tied to a new crafting discipline? or anyone can craft but it takes a 200gem(tp sellable) item from the gemstore(anet needs to get paid too)– but schematics would be sellable on tp), super, super rare infusions.

just some thoughts

edited May 4, 2019

@Tails.9372 said:
    I want to see a proper racing mode (similar to how sPvP and WvW are their own game modes) with real race tracks, not these improvised OW ones or the obstacle course we got for halloween. Beetle races in particular have a lot of potential and I hate to see it wasted like that. Put it in the mists so we have an excuse to use any kind of environment.

this def should be added to the daily activities like keg brawl. A large rotating course(30 tracks? :D) might be fun, not just the 6 we currently have in open world, but other new ones. Or I' dlike to see new tracks added to the ones we already have. I assume that already being worked on. fingers crossed

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 3 announcement

GW3, even though we can forget about it now.

@Lonami.2987 said:

Any game can last forever if the developers want to. The problem here is profitability, which depends a lot on marketing and player retention.

GW2 did very poorly on release. Yeah, we got a lot of players, but we lost too many as well, which has led to lot of people to believe, still today, that GW2 flopped and is a dead game. If they were to make GW3, using GW2 assets (same models and mechanics), lot of those who were disappointed by GW2's first impressions would give it another opportunity, even if it's pretty much the same game.

That's why GW3 has a lot of potential. Many of GW2's mistakes were fixed, but lot of the people who left because of those mistakes is never going to come back.

The story is pretty stale and doesn't help any bit either. The whole worldbuilding around GW2 has been a huge mess without direction since day one, feeling like a soap opera, instead of an epic fantasy tale. GW3 could be a huge reset button, an opportunity to ditch the current plots and start anew.

There are a chunk of people that wanted the gw1 solo questing competivite mode for gw2, but they went int the direction of cooperative PVE mmo and not a pvp mmo. It's those players that play alot of different games are the ones who usually say "oh that game is dead". much like WoW where people loved Wrath of the lich king and hated cata. Lots left but WoW is still going strong, much like GW2.

GW3 is def years and LS seasons away. I'd imagine at least 3 more full xpacs before that even comes close. Only reason being mechanics as mentioned but there are still vast untouched areas still left to explore and possible write new lore for.

I'd love to see housing(open world or instanced villages/neighborhoods) but my bets on them doing more with personal instances :( and since garden plots happened :( good bye to farming outside your house. Though that still could happen sorta if you look at what they did in Jahai Bluffs by that 1 heart on the center east side or NE Drytop or the secret legendary Long bow garden in Mount Malestrom. They already have the outdoor gardening systems in place. Introducing new crafting disciplines or upgrading cooking to 500 could allow for new items to plant crops with and make farming, fishing, or other activities(archeology perhaps?) heh, actual endgame modes and fluctuating fun with the TP economy. Obviously not every likes farming hence money in the pockets for those that do. but these are just simple ideas.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

"The Living World of Guild Wars 2 is a great way for us to accomplish all of that. It’s the best way to provide our player community with regular content updates—great features, new horizons to explore, and an engaging story that brings our world and characters to life—without charging a subscription fee."

That's from the recent "What's next" post. I know denial can be a thing but this is as clear as it gets.

Sorry, what?
    How did you assume, from the quote above, that they are not planning 3rd expansion after LS5 or LS6 for example?
    I didn't say the expansion is coming after LS4, I just said that they have never ever said that there are "no plans for 3rd expansion". Which means that there may be plans or may not be.

Wishlist:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

Sorry, what?
    How did you assume, from the quote above, that they are not planning 3rd expansion after LS5 or LS6 for example?
    I didn't say the expansion is coming after LS4, I just said that they have never ever said that there are "no plans for 3rd expansion". Which means that there may be plans or may not be.

How did you not?? It's pretty clear they are saying their current plan for content delivery going forward is Living World. Current being the keyword here, they have changed their model in the past. But we can only discuss what we have now and that's LS.

If an expansion was in the works for after LS5, it would already be in pre-production and we would know about it. Just like we knew about the ones that came before, prior to any official word. Expansions make headlines and generate clicks, they are never kept under wraps.

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

I dont think a new expac is even on the horizon. And why should it be? Their money comes from microtransactions(if you have the audacity to call 10/20$ purchases micro). The game is being intubated on trickles of new content for ages now.

• Samuel.4812Samuel.4812 Member ✭✭✭
    New multiplayer activities (Guild updates, WvW alliances, roleplaying tools, miniature battles, mount race tournaments, etc)

We need more beastly races.. I would be very happy with tengu or ogre - Skritt and quaggan will never happen. Other than that wvw needs alot of love, in balance and what they could add.

Someone suggested a different race mode other than open world and I would totally support this if it had power ups and such like Mario kart.

I'm sure most people would give me a thumbs down if that was an option. Luckily it's not! (:

Just my 2 copper!

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭
    New PvP game modes (Battlegrounds, Heroes' Ascent, Guild vs Guild, Battle Royale, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, etc)

open world pvp
    Attack and be attacked while out exploring, gathering mats, etc...

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭
    New playable races (Tengu, Largos, Stone Dwarves, etc)

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    open world pvp

WvW already exists. If you want to gank people minding their own business, go there.

@Chasind.3128 said:
    It would be the possibility of New Character Customization features- new hairstyles/ new faces/ new options added to character creator we have yet to see. It would be better than what we have - that's what I'd want. If it just seems to be left in the dust, I'd just fall out of the game because the thing I enjoy most of GW2 is fitting into the story I'm dealt & that involved having a character I can be proud to log onto when I do - something I can show. We have so many doll-puddy-baby faces for humans & it's annoying.

Wish we got beard options for sylvari, asura, and charr :I.

@Duncanmix.5238 said:
    I would like new elite specs, but I voted for new pve stuff.
    I remember someone mentioned progressing trough never ending harsh terrain, and the further u get, the harder it becomes. So if you put it, lets say far shiverpeaks, everyone can clear level 1-10, but as you move deeper into shiverpeaks it becomes colder and colder and you need more heal or whatever mechanics is required. It would be fun to see teams that break records and interesting strategies used to overcome some super high levels.
    But yea overall, I just wish there was more new and fresh stuff.

There's so much they could do with the open world, it's sad they always follow the same "do nothing" or "do meta event" models.

@Samuel.4812 said:
    We need more beastly races.. I would be very happy with tengu or ogre - Skritt and quaggan will never happen. Other than that wvw needs alot of love, in balance and what they could add.

Someone suggested a different race mode other than open world and I would totally support this if it had power ups and such like Mario kart.

I'm sure most people would give me a thumbs down if that was an option. Luckily it's not! (:

Just my 2 copper!

It's so disappointing to see they didn't invest more on mount races, they could be great with just a bit of love.

@Kelly.7019 said:
    New single player activities
    Archeology- Might be something fun to add or something like this. We already have the tools in game with Desert Highlands buried treasure hunt. But the rewards from that are lack luster. A couple blues maybe a green.
    Revamping or adding a new single player activity with some future update could spark more interest in older maps if it were used worldwide and not tied to an expansion, but whatever you like or the constraints are.
    New achievements could be made and collections to unlock the next collection kinda thing or not/ and just new improved items and CHANCE and getting something really cool. Some ideas:

• unidentifieds(of course), collection items , common items(ingots/planks : refined mats), rare metabolic food/utility things, rare crafting recipes(food), super rare mount skins or glider skins or schematics that allow you to craft your own mount/glider skins(ascended level crafting? or maybe exotic scribe thing? or tied to a new crafting discipline? or anyone can craft but it takes a 200gem(tp sellable) item from the gemstore(anet needs to get paid too)– but schematics would be sellable on tp), super, super rare infusions.

just some thoughts

Anything that makes open world roaming interesting is a great idea on my book. Treasure hunts in general could be great if done well.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    open world pvp

WvW already exists. If you want to gank people minding their own business, go there.

They could always give people an option to turn PvP on/off. Something like three factions to choose from, the third one being neutral while the other two fight each other.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

Sorry, what?

How did you not?? It's pretty clear they are saying their current plan for content delivery going forward is Living World. Current being the keyword here, they have changed their model in the past. But we can only discuss what we have now and that's LS.

If an expansion was in the works for after LS5, it would already be in pre-production and we would know about it. Just like we knew about the ones that came before, prior to any official word. Expansions make headlines and generate clicks, they are never kept under wraps.

Not necessarily, since they’d still be over a year away from release probably. They announced HoT very early and it backfired big time.

But the biggest piece of evidence is that they haven’t said they aren’t doing any more expansions. People are constantly talking about more and making theories, and anet can’t possibly miss how much people get excited for more even now, with zero hints. If they keep us hanging for years only to say there won’t be more expansions, I think the backlash from a mistake that big could very possibly kill the game

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

Sorry, what?

Not necessarily, since they’d still be over a year away from release probably. They announced HoT very early and it backfired big time.

But the biggest piece of evidence is that they haven’t said they aren’t doing any more expansions. People are constantly talking about more and making theories, and anet can’t possibly miss how much people get excited for more even now, with zero hints. If they keep us hanging for years only to say there won’t be more expansions, I think the backlash from a mistake that big could very possibly kill the game

They havent said that they arent making cars, toaster ovens, or a gw2 themed hentai either...

• Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

I don't expect an expansion or anything anytime soon, but regardless of an expansion or not I'd love to see them making the Living World maps actually good repeatable content. Dragonfall is a great step in the right direction and I hope to see more maps like it in the future. Couldn't vote for everything I'd want with the poll, but it also falls under revamping old content as well. They stated they may be going back to old maps and adding more too them: I really hope this may including updating the meta events for some maps as well.
    One of my biggest disappointments with PoF is that the maps were beautiful, but you had basically no reason to go back to them because there was nothing outside of maybe achievements that would keep you on that map. Things like Casino Blitz are interesting but honestly laughable in terms of rewards that you get from it and I personally feel that if the map had more of a HoT-like meta event...more people would be going back to that map. It doesn't have to be the new op #1 farming map, but should have rewards that would make someone feel like their time isn't wasted there.

And yes, I'd love to see them revamp dungeons to be worth playing outside the slight chance you may need the tokens for it, and please...give us Season 1 again somehow. It's extremely jarring for new players to play through the core story and randomly jump to Season 2 with new characters that are only introduced to you by a cutscene and now they're buddy buddy with you. I know that's a lot of work though .n .

• Nazferatwo.1764Nazferatwo.1764 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019
    New playable races (Tengu, Largos, Stone Dwarves, etc)

in my point a view we need another DLC, this game should keep going.
    im looking forward for...

New profession content (more classes, or subclass)
    New playable races (please add Tengu)
    New PvE game modes (more story)
    New PvP game modes (more wvwvw maps)
    Old content upgrades (more content from Guild Wars 1 on Guild Wars 2 what happened to Cantha?)
    Technical upgrades (beside the bug fixes, i would like to see graphical upgrades on old maps, but i could care less if it does not get made.)

for those who want Guild Wars 3... why the hell do we want a GW3 !? that will take AGES, i already waited 6 years for guild wars 2.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

Sorry, what?

They havent said that they arent making cars, toaster ovens, or a gw2 themed hentai either...

People don’t expect that though

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.