QOL Suggestion for WvW players with high WXP

To reward those of us with lots of WXP it would be a great benefit to give us extra supplies per 1000 wxp. I think something like 10 supplies per 1000 wxp would be awesome.

For me that would mean an extra 30 supplies that I could carry. We know that many experienced wvw people like to run alone or in small groups. Having the super experienced people able to provide more supplies when needed makes sense to me.

10 is the number that I came up with... maybe someone thinks it should/could be less? I don't mind even 5 per 1000 wxp. Either way it's something that would actually reward long term players with something very useful.

Yes some of those players got their xp from eotm, but most of them like me.. didn't. :)

No. Would create a huge imbalance - not to mention a single high level could strip a camp completely then meander off, denying the use of those supplies where they are needed.

Or people draining entire keeps to repair walls being trebbed.

There's good reasons for the current cap. Besides, just because someone is high ranked doesn't mean they are anything other than a 111111 spammer whom I wouldn't trust to know which side of the door to stand on during a siege...

@"Baldrick.8967" said:No. Would create a huge imbalance - not to mention a single high level could strip a camp completely then meander off, denying the use of those supplies where they are needed.

Or people draining entire keeps to repair walls being trebbed.

There's good reasons for the current cap. Besides, just because someone is high ranked doesn't mean they are anything other than a 111111 spammer whom I wouldn't trust to know which side of the door to stand on during a siege...

"People draining entire keeps"? I've watched the people that rebuild those walls when they're being trebbed... and they are NOT the ones typically that are high ranked. They're typically the lower ranked people, sometimes troll alts of people on another server, that don't care and don't listen to requests to stop.

lol I'm not talking about carrying 100 supplies, however cool that would be. I can carry a max of 25 right now. If I could carry 30 more that would give me 55 max which would allow me to drop any small siege in a spot and use it without travelling back and forth. Depending on where you're trying to drop the siege when you're alone or in a tiny group it makes a difference on travel time, especially in desert bl.

I was expecting disparaging remarks of course and those will keep coming. But anyone who has experience will understand what I'm saying and why. It's not about the 11111 silliness and so on. Yes it's possible that there are high ranked people out there who might not understand wvw as well as you do (I'm not one of them)... but the fact still remains that it would actually be something decent to provide dedicated people with.

As I noted above... it doesn't have to be a large number of supplies... just enough to make dedicating yourself more to wvw worth it. Currently it's simply the fact that I love wvw that I've stayed in for 6 years. A little REAL incentive like this would just be some good gravy that the really experienced people could appreciate and make use of.

@Klipso.8653 - We're not talking about a bunch of siege for one person... just one piece possibly. It's not a show stopper.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I'd much rather see a sink for reward track progress, magic find, karma, etc. The kind of stuff that won't give you an advantage for fights.

Not sure where exactly carrying more supplies impact fights, unless you are fighting siegemonkeys.

That said, I would love be able to carry at least 5 more supplies. Having to run to a keep with PotK everytime I want to have 25 is such a chore and since I can only carry 20 without it, I need to run back for supplies 2 times everytime I try to solo build a Superior Cata or Flame Ram.

Yes, I like this, unfortunately in the forums you will find many people that will oppose.What they don't see is that high rank players are few and most of the WvW player base are low rank.

When I roam alone I encounter trebs hitting our towers and sometimes I wish I could build a ballista and destroy their siege, but I can't because I have to make 2 trips to build it and by the time i get back its destroyed and I end up wasting 25 supply.

This would be highly advantageous to small groups, roamers and attackers, disadvantageous to those new to the gamemode and of no benefit one way or the other to defenders (I guess indirectly disadvantageous due to the boost the attackers get). I do not think it is the right call. I do like the idea that @Shagaliscious.6281 suggested, if implemented correctly.But ultimately Anet's only tapped the potential of the world ability point tracks, they seem super hesitant to introduce anything new despite plenty of player ideas. Since the system's initial release in 2013 they've only added four new tracks -- one being gliding which was already present in pve. That's less than 1 new track per year.

~ Kovu

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I'd much rather see a sink for reward track progress, magic find, karma, etc. The kind of stuff that won't give you an advantage for fights.

Not sure where exactly carrying more supplies impact fights, unless you are fighting siegemonkeys.

That said, I would love be able to carry at least 5 more supplies. Having to run to a keep with PotK everytime I want to have 25 is such a chore and since I can only carry 20 without it, I need to run back for supplies 2 times everytime I try to solo build a Superior Cata or Flame Ram.

If you are roaming/havoc then you aren’t fighting mostly. You are trying to ninja objects while the main group is fighting and so on.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:If you are roaming/havoc then you aren’t fighting mostly. You are trying to ninja objects while the main group is fighting and so on.

Idk about you, but when I'm roaming I'm actually looking for small scale fights oposed to the blob that is likely fighting the main group... I'm not here trying to ninja empty objectives.

But there are times where just taking sentry and camps isn't enough to actually make someone come fight you (they insist to simply backcap what you took) and I'm forced to hit a tower, sometimes even a keep, to finally get a response (Which sometimes is 1-2 guys rotating Shield Generator bubbles inside the structure instead of fighting)

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:If you are roaming/havoc then you aren’t fighting mostly. You are trying to ninja objects while the main group is fighting and so on.

Idk about you, but when I'm roaming I'm actually looking for small scale fights oposed to the blob that is likely fighting the main group... I'm not here trying to ninja empty objectives.

But there are times where just taking sentry and camps isn't enough to actually make someone come fight you (they insist to simply backcap what you took) and I'm forced to hit a tower, sometimes even a keep, to finally get a response (Which sometimes is 1-2 guys rotating Shield Generator bubbles inside the structure instead of fighting)

ha. well I’ve played this for a long time. I actually do everything from supporting a zerg to simple capping.

Having this truly small benefit for my time spent in there would be most helpful to those times when I do want to take a tower or even drop a quick defensive ac. and so on.

Imagine trying to defend against a zerg carrying 300-600 more supply (10-20 extra supply per person, assuming a 30 man zerg) than what they can currently hold. Sure, not everyone in the zerg will have 1,000+ wxp, but zergs typically have plenty of silver knight and above players as zerging is a fairly quick way to earn wxp.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:You want to carry the base 25 plus 10 more for every 1k ranks you have? So, anyone over rank 8k won't even be able to fill their own supply up by taking a camp.

this ain't it.

lol. how many are over 8k? Not enough to matter. And the number could be 5 not 10 for that matter. Something would be nice.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:You want to carry the base 25 plus 10 more for every 1k ranks you have? So, anyone over rank 8k won't even be able to fill their own supply up by taking a camp.

this ain't it.

lol. how many are over 8k? Not enough to matter. And the number could be 5 not 10 for that matter. Something would be nice.

Honestly, I am. And I know others who are too. I understand that you want to reward veterans but perhaps not in the way that would allow me to build guild trebs on my own.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

this ain't it.

Honestly, I am. And I know others who are too. I understand that you want to reward veterans but perhaps not in the way that would allow me to build guild trebs on my own.

Can't even build a Omega Golem on your own tho... Weak...

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

this ain't it.

Can't even build a Omega Golem on your own tho... Weak...

Fair point it's time to increase the rank cap to 13k Anet. Get on it boys.

Archived