Can I make my charr elementalist appear as if wearing heavy armor?

Kovac.4372

Are there light armor pieces and combinations that could make my charr look all armored up instead of a variety of bathrobes.

I don't see the point in having two warriors so I don't want to make a new charr, but I do want a charr that looks like a charr warrior.

Can I somehow make this happen? Could you maybe post screenshots and suggestions of your own charr characters?

Outfits are used for this. You wont have any mix and match options (except helmet/no helmet) but you can make an ele look like a warrior in plate armor, yes.

If outfits doesnt fancy you, you are most likely crap out of luck. Light armor is 95% skirts regardless of male, female or Charr. Though it was a while since I looked at Charr options specifically.

Outfits are definitely the easiest way. They can all be worn by any character and there are several which look like heavy armour.

But try making a temp light armoured charr (don't worry about getting the face and things exactly right, but do pick the same gender as the one you want to make, or check both) and go through the wardrobe to see what you can do. Some light armour does have metal parts and might work.

I often try to make warrior outfits for mages and robe-outfits for warriors. Charr is quite difficult though, but not impossible. Here are a few ideas:

NXFFmly.jpgInvoker's Helm - Tier 1 Charr cultural armorBladed Mantle - Bladed Armor Set (reward for the Verdant Brink Meta - requires Heart of Thorns)Forgeman Raiment - Sorrow's Embrace Armor Set (Dungeon)Bladed Gloves - Bladed Armor Set (reward for the Verdant Brink Meta - requires Heart of Thorns)Bladed Pants - Bladed Armor Set (reward for the Verdant Brink Meta - requires Heart of Thorns)Forgeman Shoes - Sorrow's Embrace Armor Set (Dungeon)

s8DoFHh.jpgFanged Dread Mask - Mesmer beginners gearLight Dragonscale Epaulets - Completing Rising Flames Mastery OR Ember Bay Reward Track in sPvP or WvWvW (both require LS3 E2)Vigil's Honor Vest - Need a character with Vigil membershipBladed Gloves - Bladed Armor Set (reward for the Verdant Brink Meta - requires Heart of Thorns)Vigil's Honor Leggings - Need a character with Vigil membershipBladed Shoes - Bladed Armor Set (reward for the Verdant Brink Meta - requires Heart of Thorns)

N5Jzp9P.jpgPhantasm's Mask - Mesmer beginners gearExalted Mantle - Crafting/Drop/TPVigil's Honor Vest - Need a character with Vigil membershipBounty Hunter's Gloves -Crafting OR Crystal Desert Reward Track (both require Path of Fire)Student Leggings - Crafting/Drop/TPBounty Hunter's Shoes -Crafting OR Crystal Desert Reward Track (both require Path of Fire)

You can also give the Sentinel Outfit a try. It easily turns every character into a warrior-type. I used it on many chars, did never regret the purchase.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:I often try to make warrior outfits for mages and robe-outfits for warriors. Charr is quite difficult though, but not impossible. Here are a few ideas:

Hey man, thanks a lot for those! I played around a bit and this is what I ended up with and I'm quite happy with (not really too satisfied with the leggings but ok)

sLb060q.jpg

Bloodstone visage (as I wuldn't be wearing a helmet anyway I think)Mantle of DhuumForgeman RaimentLight Fused GauntletsVigil's Honor LeggingsSlippers of Dhuum

Now if only I was goof enough to raid to get those Dhuum skins :\

Archived