Why can't I gift character slots?

Etria.3642

I tried to gift my daughter an extra character slot but that isn't an option. Nor are shared slots. At first I thought it was because the system wouldn't know what that account had but you can gift gliders and other things so there must be a way to check.

So instead of it being a cool surprise I had to send her the gold to convert and tell her what to get. ?

Their system isn't robust enough to check if the recipient is able to use the item, so anything that has a limited capacity can't be gifted. There is technically a cap on character slots. Very few people reach it, but because they can't guarantee it will work, they don't even let it happen.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:Their system isn't robust enough to check if the recipient is able to use the item, so anything that has a limited capacity can't be gifted. There is technically a cap on character slots. Very few people reach it, but because they can't guarantee it will work, they don't even let it happen.

This is only mostly true, as gliders and outfits can be gifted, but unusable if already unlocked.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:Their system isn't robust enough to check if the recipient is able to use the item, so anything that has a limited capacity can't be gifted. There is technically a cap on character slots. Very few people reach it, but because they can't guarantee it will work, they don't even let it happen.

This is only mostly true, as gliders and outfits can be gifted, but unusable if already unlocked.

That was the explanation I got from Support when I asked them why I couldn't gift Seasons 2 and 3 to my second account.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

That was the explanation I got from Support when I asked them why I couldn't gift Seasons 2 and 3 to my second account.

Ah. Hm, my post should probably read "only technically true" then, as I can see the difference in systems between story/character slots vs glider/outfit unlocks, even though both are equally unuseable once unlocked.

Archived