Nerf Mirage Against AoE, please remove evade part of mirage cloak when applied to clones

Cheeseball C.8395

Clones having evade does not make it any harder to find the real mesmer. Being able to aoe all the clones was a good way to make sure mesmer didnt have full 4 sec distortion evade when focusing it. Mesmer has alot of ways to mitigate dmg either by port shatter blinding, cc, sword skill evade, stealth, ports, etc. When Reaper needs stability, the 90 sec cd elite shout needs to land on an enemy to get stab, mesmers used to have to either let their clones tank it or burn a shatter, but 1 evade doesnt cost much and it being like an AoE distortion value is pretty strong, esp for condi mirage.

Yes, it is hard when mesmer has counter play to all your auto attacks. (I'm sure many on these forums would rather delete the class.) However, it's a trade of a defensive ability (dodge) for offense. You can't do it for days. Distortion prevents point capture. If you decap you won. If they don't get a decap, you won. Weakness is your friend. It lowers endurance regen. Don't rotate into bad matchups if mirage counters your class.

Seriously, just get better.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:Yes, it is hard when mesmer has counter play to all your auto attacks. (I'm sure many on these forums would rather delete the class.) However, it's a trade of a defensive ability (dodge) for offense. You can't do it for days. Distortion prevents point capture. If you decap you won. If they don't get a decap, you won. Weakness is your friend. It lowers endurance regen. Don't rotate into bad matchups if mirage counters your class.

Seriously, just get better.

Decapping mesmer on point has nothing to do with my post. We cant just keep telling ppl to get better as an excuse for mesmers being in the top of the most OP class polls after all the nerfs. Mesmer is really strong at mitigating dmg, but also being able to stop enemys from mitigating their dmg unintentionally at the same time is prob a good reason why ppl are frustrated with the class.

I Also disagree, it is not a trade of defensive ability at all, it's buffed to have both defensive nullify dmg cds and being able to do MORE offense damage at the same time when used appropiately.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Top 50/25 doesn't matter. What matters in Ranked is how carryable the build you run is. If your build is a far-spam/teamfighty build or a highly mobile build like thief then you're all set.

Mirage really shines in ATs with group coordination.

So does holo, spellbreaker, any guard build, sb, and especially thief. But we aren't crying to nerf those in this thread or elsewhere on the forums.

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:It's true. Most issues with mirage are a matter of inexperience. There are so many ways to deal with it, but I never see those discussed. There's a reason there aren't a ton of mirage mains in top 50.

Whenever I see statements like this I really have to wonder about the GW2 PvP community these days.

Are we under the impression that the top 250 in sPvP actually still means anything with how cheeseball the meta is in sPvP? Where the Conquest gamemode is a severely outdated system that rewards vomiting AoE onto capture points because the "AoE power creep" has only gotten progressively worse as time has gone on? That it still means something despite ESL having pulled out of GW2? That it still means something when the sPvP population is so limited at this point that people are getting into the top 250 even while still being barely in Plat 1 when Plat 1s will also still frequently fight Gold 3 or lower players because of this lack of a population? Where people Wintrade to hit top spots, have been banned for it, but then come back with new accounts and started to do this because thats how little they think of sPvP?

Also keeping in mind they lowered the Rating you need to even hit Plat. Used to be 1651, and its been 1501 for 7 seasons now.

Mirage is a great duelist but it isn't the best. It pluses very strongly and has a powerful skirmish presence.

I would say Soulbeast and Chronobunk are the best duelists atm. Holo is great too but I notice they have a bit of trouble dealing with condi.

What I hate about Mirage is that the condi build is unfortunately very popular in this burst meta, and if you run any no-condi-cleanse build then Mirage single-handedly shuts those builds down. Chronophantasma did the exact same thing before PoF.

Another thing we ALL hate about Mirage is you can run any amulet or rune and still be OP as long as you take Axe or other defensive weapon sets. Mirage Cloak in itself is extremely powerful since you can dodge any time as long as your Endurance is filled. M

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:if only people wouldn't of cry hard about elusive mind, then not every mirage would be now running infinite horizon, you asked for this.

There was no doubt that elusive mind was busted, however there were good mesmers like tek who used infinite horizon over elusive mind for a long time while elusive was still good.

Soulbeast is the new disgustingly OP class after the last balance update, hands down. When will more people wake up to it?

Narrowly won an unranked match earlier (thanks to my team) where the enemy SB was naturally running Dolyak stance, boon icons extending far to the left in the UI, health constantly replenishing after what little damage it took. It 100-0'd me from stealth in 1 v 1, and would join team fights spamming Barrage to tilt the balance. Dealt insane damage, took almost none. Had lots of stealth up time. Took top damage and top kill stats of course. Disgusting.

TL;DR: SB = so sustain, much damage. nerf nao.

Archived