Please add an option to destroy your own team's Treb

mortrialus.3062

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yup. Or just remove silly side-objectives from ranked games. It pains me to say this because I think they can be entertaining, but it should be done especially when in Plat 2 I get matched often with gold or silver tier players.

Without the extra objectives, all maps would be like Foefire without lord... What a bore...

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yup. Or just remove silly side-objectives from ranked games. It pains me to say this because I think they can be entertaining, but it should be done especially when in Plat 2 I get matched often with gold or silver tier players.

Without the extra objectives, all maps would be like Foefire without lord... What a bore...

The only maps that the objective has EVER actually influenced an outcome for me are Temple, or I suppose Eternal (but even Eternal is even minimal). I've had a huge swing on Temple that happened due to players understanding the mechanic better than the other team.The rest are just pitfalls for nubs to fall into.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

The only maps that the objective has EVER actually influenced an outcome for me are Temple, or I suppose Eternal (but even Eternal is even minimal). I've had a huge swing on Temple that happened due to players understanding the mechanic better than the other team.The rest are just pitfalls for nubs to fall into.

Temple has the best side mechanics imo.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

I feel like every secondary mechanic beside Kylho are good and can all have an impact on the game (i'd argue that foefire has a tiny less impact since the portal nerf).

@everyman.4375 said:

I feel like every secondary mechanic beside Kylho are good and can all have an impact on the game (i'd argue that foefire has a tiny less impact since the portal nerf).

Some of them certainly can, you're right. But put each one on a "boon to your team vs newbie sandtrap scale." The way mine shakes out (your experience may vary):

Boon to your team when done well:TempleSkyhammer

Meh:Eternal

Noob trap:LegacyForestKhyloDjinn'sSpirit Watch

Excluded:Capricorn -- Bell is essentially a 4th point, which clearly is worth contesting as long as you're doing it intelligently.

PS — If you see legendary players going for treb, they're likely playing mind games, but maybe they know some secrets that are beyond me.

Treb just needs to be reworked. Personally, It think they should just add a skill 2 to the treb with a long cooldown that does high damage + poison and is unblockable.(or just change skill 1 to be this way)

This would make it advantageous for high mobility builds to occasionally use their treb before jumping off and helping the team fight.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Some of them certainly can, you're right. But put each one on a "boon to your team vs newbie sandtrap scale." The way mine shakes out (your experience may vary):

Boon to your team when done well:
TempleSkyhammer

Meh:
Eternal

Noob trap:
LegacyForestKhyloDjinn'sSpirit Watch

Excluded:
Capricorn -- Bell is essentially a 4th point, which clearly is worth contesting as long as you're doing it intelligently.

PS — If you see legendary players going for treb, they're likely playing mind games, but maybe they know some secrets that are beyond me.

Capricorn is crazy powerful. The hardest swings in conquest I've seen come from capricorn games. I remember an AT semifinal WoodenPotatoes casted where no joke the core was something like 250 to 450 and the underdog team managed to swing. I've personally seen similar games with similar swings.

I like the idea of Djinn's mechanic. Reminds me of old school arena shooters like Quake and Unreal where you can swing around and pick up a rocket launcher or something. But the need to be buffed to have like skyhamner blast radius size or bigger and with less wind up and cast time. I also think the map would be better if the mechanic was worth picking up and was able to spread players around 4 places so it feels less zergy.

Sword on colosseum is godly if you can blink up the ramp. Shield is meh. Sword takes a bit too long to get to if you're not a thief, mirage or ele (if damage ele was hypothetically good).

I'm also curious what Djinn would look like if lamp was literally a normal node that was just always up. The first four point conquest map.

Maybe, the trebs are the perfect lame excuse for match manipulators and afkers but in the hands of a pro, they could work in our favor... ?... But TBH, trebs do more harm than good... Kyhlo needs something else except that treb... Maybe setting fire to either one of enemy spawn door exits or engulfing a specific node in blue/red (unblockable) flame for say 10 secs could be fun... Similar to skyhammer but only on one node and flame stays for 10 secs and the special red/blue fire had to be carried from home base to the specific node... Other conditions to avoid abuse... Flame can be lit only after complete capture... Flame can be dropped and picked... Red flame can't be picked by blue team... If flame not picked for 15secs, it burns out... Once a flame picked from home base has run its course either burning on node or died down after dropping and ignored to pick up, the cool down could be 40 secs to avoid abuse... Don't take this flame suggestion seriously....

But my point is treb fails at team play most of the time

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Yes, how boring to fight players in PvP, thats not what we signed up for when entering a PvP match...........................But just my opinion, we all sign up to play for different reasons.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yes, how boring to fight players in PvP, thats not what we signed up for when entering a PvP match...........................But just my opinion, we all sign up to play for different reasons.

Because we totally don't have to fight players to contest the special objectives, amirite? In fact, the best fights I had in this game mode were all around the special objectives instead of having to deal with some stalling garbage bunker build sitting on a node waiting for his team to come help.

We had a Team Deathmatch map. You would think the PvP community would love it, fighting other people without caring about special objective. Turn out the map was hated as much as Skyhammer and Anet decided to discontinue support to it.Don't get me wrong... I find silly how stalling and decaping worth more than actually killing people in a PvP mode. But having bland maps with no extra mechanics isn't exactly atractive for a lot of people.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Because we
totally
don't have to fight players to contest the special objectives, amirite? In fact, the best fights I had in this game mode were all around the special objectives instead of having to deal with some stalling garbage bunker build sitting on a node waiting for his team to come help.

We had a Team Deathmatch map. You would think the PvP community would love it, fighting other people without caring about special objective. Turn out the map was hated as much as Skyhammer and Anet decided to discontinue support to it.Don't get me wrong... I find silly how stalling and decaping worth more than actually killing people in a PvP mode. But having bland maps with no extra mechanics isn't exactly atractive for a lot of people.

I loved deathmatch, also like second mechanics such as hammer or Capricorn.

@everyman.4375 said:

There's even legend players going for treb.

Maybe because treb can be useful during key moments. I tend to launch at least a couple volleys every game. The key is to understand when to use it and when to get to the points. If you respawn, and don't even consider if launching 10k treb shots onto a point that's being fought on before heading into the fights, you're probably not using the full potential of that map.

@Loboling.5293 said:

There's even legend players going for treb.

Maybe because treb can be useful during key moments. I tend to launch at least a couple volleys every game. The key is to understand when to use it and when to get to the points. If you respawn, and don't even consider if launching 10k treb shots onto a point that's being fought on before heading into the fights, you're probably not using the full potential of that map.

It's not, the guy was just trolling.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

We had a Team Deathmatch map. You would think the PvP community would love it, fighting other people without caring about special objective. Turn out the map was hated as much as Skyhammer and Anet decided to discontinue support to it.

I enjoyed it as an option, a change of pace. I don't think it should be ranked, but would like it to come back as another unranked checkbox option.

Was a great map to test out new builds in combat before trying in a map with objectives.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

If we had a large pop you wouldn't be plat 2 but we'd still be bronze...imagine my shock

Dunno what you're getting at here. You've fought me in several 2v1s , so you should have a decent idea of my skill level. If you think I wouldn't be Plat 2, that's fine.

Archived