confused with the mastery ability/ exp

DHung.5263

hi all, i am a little confused here... my mastery rank exp seems to be capped until i get enough mastery point to master the ability for different tiers..

question: do i need to train all abilities in order to move on to the next? example: can i ignore the last ability in raptor for good? (Ravenous Discpline), or is it recommended to train up all the mastery eventually?

it seems when i switch from raptor to Springer, my Mastery exp changes as well...

think of it as vertical and horizontal progress... raptor to springer is vertical; you must unlock raptor to unlock springer... within raptor and spring, each profession is horizontal, you can train them parallelly... they all use POF mastery points ..

so for me, i’ll use exp to max out all horizontal and when i have enough POF mastery points, i’ll decide which to unlock.. you would want to strategize.. the stingray isn’t that awesome but you can do something with beetle or griffon

@DHung.5263 said:thanks for the guides... i think i am confused with the mastery exp...it changes every time when i select different mount...

You level each mastery separately. If you have a raptor mastery selected, your exp goes to the raptor mastery track only. You can still ride other mounts with the mastery track open, but all the exp goes into the selected mastery.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@DHung.5263 said:thanks for the guides... i think i am confused with the mastery exp...it changes every time when i select different mount...

You level each mastery separately. If you have a raptor mastery selected, your exp goes to the raptor mastery track only. You can still ride other mounts with the mastery track open, but all the exp goes into the selected mastery.

Thanks! I got it now :)

I'll iterate this in more of a common factor. The track you have selected as "Train" will have all experience goes towards preparing the mastery. Once you have the requisite experience and mastery points, you can choose to unlock that mastery and go to the next one. You can still use whatever you are able to use -- the experience earned is for learning that partcular mastery you have selected to train.

This applies to Crystal Desert, Heart of Maguuma and Central Tyria, and each of these areas have their own separate XP tracking.

@"altermaven.7385" said:I'll iterate this in more of a common factor. The track you have selected as "Train" will have all experience goes towards preparing the mastery. Once you have the requisite experience and mastery points, you can choose to unlock that mastery and go to the next one. You can still use whatever you are able to use -- the experience earned is for learning that partcular mastery you have selected to train.

This applies to Crystal Desert, Heart of Maguuma and Central Tyria, and each of these areas have their own separate XP tracking.

yep i think im clear now, thanks for helping :)

Archived