Daredevil backstab

Jugglemonkey.8741

I got hit for a 19k backstab on my deadeye by a Gandara daredevil the other day. Dude was playing D/P bound with another thief as part of a duo and doing pretty well at it.

Sure, it's a niche spec, but so is deadeye. I'm just pointing out that if gank potential is what you're after, daredevil can still put out good numbers.

That's nothing new. I run into oneshot daredevils all day. Since thieves now have two oh shit buttons (Dagger Storm and Shadowstep) you can basically roam with a PvE DPS build, oneshot someone here and there and escape comfortably.

The backstab version does still exist.The "precast vault, then steal into 20k damage from 1200 range version" was nerfed in the last balance patch. Thieves can't steal teleport anymore during the vault animation.

@KrHome.1920 said:That's nothing new. I run into oneshot daredevils all day. Since thieves now have two oh kitten buttons (Dagger Storm and Shadowstep) you can basically roam with a PvE DPS build, oneshot someone here and there and escape comfortably.

First: Do you even play thief or does common sense tells you this? Second: What kind of opponent are we talking about?

@KrHome.1920 said:Are 2500 PvP games and 2000 hours in WvW on teef enough?

/edit... not 1500, it's even 2500 games in PvP ^^

Then, for sure you know that full berserkers with deadly arts, critical strikes and daredevil (like in PvE) is extremely risky against any serious opponent and not a guarantee to chain stomp -- more like getting chain stomped...

@syszery.1592 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Are 2500 PvP games and 2000 hours in WvW on teef enough?

/edit... not 1500, it's even 2500 games in PvP ^^

Then, for sure you know that full berserkers with deadly arts, critical strikes and daredevil (like in PvE) is extremely risky against any serious opponent and not a guarantee to chain stomp -- more like getting chain stomped...

He did say "here and there." You even quoted it it in your original response so I'm baffled as to how you are now citing "guarantee to chain stomp."

@"Turk.5460" said:He did say "here and there." You even quoted it it in your original response so I'm baffled as to how you are now citing "guarantee to chain stomp."

I never cited this. I claimed that PvE builds don't really work in PvP. So no need to be "baffled".

Edit: On topic...

@MUDse.7623 said:...yet what many do not like about deadeye is , that in order for the deadeye to actually die, they have to make a mistake. (it used to be like that with any thief build but these days thief mainly has a sustained speed advantage while many can keep up with the burst speed to take them down if they want to get away for a second)

He said this in another threat but I think this pretty much sums it up why people are getting so mad about some builds and accept others being even more broken to some extend. It probably is not only about the damage (mesmers can one-shot since forever and do quite well with the build). It basically was the same some years ago when Warrior was buffed (Healing Signet and mobility etc.) and people complained that they cannot secure a kill they believe they deserve for outplaying the other player..

Staff master trait in daredevil now gives %5 damage increase even when u use dp as long as you dont have full endurence, so ye thats a buff to 1 "shot variation

Also instead of trickery u go deadly arts-crit-daredevil

Since they nerfed lead attacks there is no need to go trickery for the one shot build, before the nerf while you stealth up u got ur %15 damage increase now u dont get that so its best to get crit strikes for the 1 shot build

With that u stack bunch of damage modifiers, From deadly arts mug damage and some poison damage +%20 damage increase when they at %50 health(if they somehow survive backstab Just heartseeker lol)

From crit strikes bunch of crit damage modifiers, ferocity buffs and guarentee crit at backstab

And daredevil %7 damage from havoc, %5 from staff, %10 from bound

@"KrHome.1920" said:That's nothing new. I run into oneshot daredevils all day. Since thieves now have two oh kitten buttons (Dagger Storm and Shadowstep) you can basically roam with a PvE DPS build, oneshot someone here and there and escape comfortably.

The backstab version does still exist.The "precast vault, then steal into 20k damage from 1200 range version" was nerfed in the last balance patch. Thieves can't steal teleport anymore during the vault animation.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:The problem with drd is, if you dont go full offensive your backstab will be around 4-7k, which is sad af

Crit Strikes (HK) with valk gear has you hitting like 7k minimum and hovers around 18k hp lol.

Valk Gear gives around 21k hp. CS/Trick/DrD with Valk has backstab crits about the same as CS/SA/DE with Valk. Maybe 1k-2k less. 19k Valk DrD backstabs against ele/mes/thieves is pretty normal.

Archived