Spellbreaker Utility Feedback

ButterPeanut.9746

I've been trying to think of an elite spec that as a whole has it's unique utility skills used less frequently than Spb...and I'm struggling.

The elite is still useful in WvW, but that's about it across all game modes.

Featherfoot grace and Break enchantments used to be pretty common in PvP but the nerfs over the past year (along with Shake it off buffs) have pushed those two out of meta.

IT and SbS were never used in any game mode since launch.

I'm not sure what direction is best to go for these utilities, but they definitely need a rework.

One gut feeling I have is that now that Attackers Insight and full counter aren't as strong, we should have some additional boon rip and damage built into those utilities. Maybe add some additional boon removal onto the utilities, and then add a Meditation trait that makes you gain all boons removed by Meditation skills.

Just a thought. In general players are good at identifying problems, but not solutions to those problems.

I agree, IT and SbS are useless. They are very limited.It would be ineteresting if IT provided more boons, like protection, etc...

Diviner spellbreaker with better boon accessibility could also be ineteresting. Short duration, but rapid application.

It would be nice to see additional use of disenchanter effect, which prevents boon application or just removes boons over time. There could be trait which would apply disenchanter on burst skills, meditation skills, etc...

It's anet job to find out interesting solutions. Not just nerfing things without trade offs and then leaving them dead for months/years.

I made a thread suggesting a few revisions to Spellbreaker's utilities and traits, thinking about the ripple effects the nerfs have had on the spec since it's release and how to give it a more unique roll in the meta more befitting of Spellbreaker's original design intentions:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64349/spellbreakers-arent-doing-their-job-and-its-hurting-the-entire-meta

Just my two cents.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:I'd like to see spellbreaker become more of a tank. Give some of the utilities protection to a limited degree would be a good start.

I dont know. Spellbreaker seems very lost at the moment. It has no identity.

i kinda dont agree, it is far better as a mobile dps.

How is it more mobile than core? Because of dagger 300 range leaps?Kek if thats identity i want none of that

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:I'd like to see spellbreaker become more of a tank. Give some of the utilities protection to a limited degree would be a good start.

How is it more mobile than core? Because of dagger 300 range leaps?Kek if thats identity i want none of that

Depends on what content you are talking about. For example in PvP you can run sword with spellbreaker but it doesn't make as much sense in core, which gives mobility. It isn't tied to the elite spec necessarily, but rather the different builds you run with it.

@RedShark.9548 said:

feather foot grace and the whole dagger line is pretty much speed buffs.But the same can be said about it being tank anything, it has more mobility skills than it does tank skills.FC is not even tanky.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought of an idea for PvP today.

One idea that I think could help restore spellbreaker to it's "good against high boon classes" identity is to either raise the Attacker's Insight cap to 10 in PvP or remove the cap entirely. This would allow for a slow build up of damage, but it would also allow for strong benefits for large amounts of boon removal/CC

Archived