How much longer until the next "No Downstate" event?

Gorilla.4120

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Mighty Cole.7849" said:It seems like the last one was an eternity ago. I know a lot of people dislike the event, but personally (as a roamer) I love it. :grin:

yea, same, as a soloroamer, where i dont benefit in the slightest from downstate i had alot of fun and very satisfying moments. i do understand all the zerglings that didnt like it tho, because there it felt kinda harsh, especially in sieges of objectives, where eles easily drop alone from some siege, where they usually get picked back up.now this was before the AC etc. got nerfed i believe, so that might change how it would go ?id like to have it back tho.

downing ppl that chase in groups of 2 or 3 over the WHOLE frickin map and than they just get picked up while others keeping you infight, to then proceed to keep chasing you to, when you finally go down, throw blueprints on your face is just so frustrating

if you chase and get dropped because you were mindlessly running behind me to spam your dmg skills and not watching on what might hit you, because your buddies will just pick you back up faster than i can say "stomp", you should just stay dead and learn your lesson.

The only reason i can find on why zerglings dont like it is due to the "1 shot wonder" gameplay where a commander calls organized bombs and who ever lands in one is gona be instantly dead.This will result to in an even more heavier piratecrapping then it already is, where none of the sides are willing to make offensive pushes due to risk of exploding. You can thank our glorious devs for this who dont know nothing about balancing game for zerg fights.

People hate anything that can 1 shot you, whether youre zerging or roaming.

You have no idea how many fights I would have won 1vs2 1vs3 and even fee 1vs4 if the stupid carrying downstate wasn't a thing.I hate when I manage to down someone, always out of nowhere arrives and hungry noob to get the ress and 2vs1 immediately after.

It's not conquest where the downed body can still impact a capture point, it's a war zone, if you die you should be sent back to spawn immediately because you played bad.

You can still play in a group and do whatever you want.

They should put something to help solo roamer, for example if you are the only person in a 1200 range area and you receive attacks from ore than 1 person you receive a 100% all stats buff, so people will actually stop chasing alone players around the map so damn hungry for even minutes for a single kill.

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:The only reason i can find on why zerglings dont like it is due to the "1 shot wonder" gameplay where a commander calls organized bombs and who ever lands in one is > >gona be instantly dead.

Against any competent commander that is exactly what happens now. During a push groups of opponents go into downed state, and are then finished off by the backline players / cleave. Nobody is reviving teammates unless it was a failed push, a feint, or the attackers just couldn't bring the DPS.

@Jeknar.6184 said:Yeah, let's have more friggen Soulbeasts pewpewing you straight to death from 1500+ range, yay!

No Downed State just means you go from alive to defeated. You can still be revived by other players outside of combat, which also takes longer.

TL;DR

Downed state is a core mechanic of GW2 that makes the game unique. It adds a deeper tactical level to combat and promotes smart play instead of just overloading damage, forcing people to either CC ressers or stomp downed with the help of various available skills and proffesion unique mechanics. It gives players the capability of helping each other even when the skill level vary wildly between fighting groups, making combat more flexible instead of just being "I'm better than you therefor I win".

Now, certain people dont like this because while most of them - if not all that are vocal on it - will already be good players that can win 1v1, 1v2 or 1v3 on their class of choice or zerg commanders that constantly win zerg battles, they want to win even more so they can show their obvious superiority, the rest of the community be damned.

I honestly hope they never bring back "No Downed State". I barely logged in that week as I hated every minute of it. This coming from a Soulbeast Roamer that you would think would love No Downed State. All I saw was an increase in Thieves, Mesmsers, and Rangers all trying to one-shot every player they could trying to exit from the keep to try to catch up with the commander or help defend a tower. That is no fun to me at all.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:TL;DR

Downed state is a core mechanic of GW2 that makes the game unique. It adds a deeper tactical level to combat and promotes smart play instead of just overloading damage, forcing people to either CC ressers or stomp downed with the help of various available skills and proffesion unique mechanics. It gives players the capability of helping each other even when the skill level vary wildly between fighting groups, making combat more flexible instead of just being "I'm better than you therefor I win".

Now, certain people dont like this because while most of them - if not all that are vocal on it - will already be good players that can win 1v1, 1v2 or 1v3 on their class of choice or zerg commanders that constantly win zerg battles, they want to win even more so they can show their obvious superiority, the rest of the community be damned.

Bad players are worse at ressing too.The primary benefactor of downstate isn't the better, it's the bigger.The blob is king. Downstate is it's crown and it rules safely seated on its throne, the AoE cap

@LetoII.3782 said:

The primary benefactor of downstate isn't the better, it's the bigger.

From a roaming perspective the PRIMARY benefactor of no downstate is HIGH burst stealth and/or ranged classes. That't it.

If they bring back no downstate i for sure will not be playing my rev....i will bring out my hated (i hate it) DE and collect bags from the comfort of towers/keeps and never have to worry about leaving it to stomp.

Honestly, I didn't notice an increase in instagib builds during the last event. Maybe it's because the players that wanted to use the event to farm folks with cheese builds were really bad and got instagibed themselves. I don't know. All I can say is, the event was the most fun I've had in WvW in a long time. My play time almost doubled that week. Furthermore, before anyone says, "You only liked it because you played (Insert Profession/Class here)", I'd like to mention that I cycled through almost every class during that week and had a blast with every single one of them.I guess each to their own, but from my point of view, it's something I'd like to see more often. :grin:

While I liked no downstate myself (it actually made me start playing more again), I also see there is little value in balancing inherently imbalanced situations. Simply put combat was simply never designed around 1vX or 3 vs 30 and probably shouldn't be.

They should still bring it back though, because it gets too boring otherwise. The game mode does need some variety and even something as stupid as portable cannons was funny.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:TL;DR

HAHAHAHAHA "it adds a deeper tactical level to combat" the best joke I have heard so far in 2019.There is nothing tactical about 2+ people chasing you; if you manage to down one, then their teams res him back, and what is worst is if you want to secure the kill via stomp you need to be 3 seconds doing a stupid stomp animation and by the time it ends you are down and the enemy is up.Down state is a handicap for noobs that don't know how to play and that constantly die. Down state should only be available in PvE not in competitive game modes like WvW.

Down State is a handicap and it need to go!

Archived