Suspended For Spamming

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Jelly Pain.8027" said:Is it possible to get support?

You have to
if you want to contact support, but the 3 hour warning ban will be over long before they reply.

Unfortunately. I have two hours of the ban left. I just don't want this to continue. I want to be compensated. I did submit a ticket though thank you!

Actually, not your game. You only have a license to use it, as long as you follow the rules and guidelines. And, even then, ArenaNet keeps the right to revoke said license at any time, for any reason. You also agreed that ArenaNet can take action on your account, sans prior warning/notification.

You are welcome to discuss the issue with the CS Team, though.

Good luck.

@"Jelly Pain.8027" said:How about the fact that I paid to play... This is my game. No one contacted me prior to ban. no one has assured me this won't happen in the future...

ill just leave this herehttps://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/if you're in the right, some of this could help you,if not...

and concerning the bold part (yeah i know, i did this, just to highlight it)https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ (This thing that we all agreed to, even if the majority probably didn't read it (even partially))2 c (first sentence)

@Jelly Pain.8027 said:I want to be compensated.

How about if ANet reduces your monthly subscription by a day's worth?@Jelly Pain.8027 said:How about the fact that I paid to play... This is my game. No one contacted me prior to ban. no one has assured me this won't happen in the future...

What sort of compensation do you imagine is reasonable in a pay-once-to-play game in which you couldn't play for a few hours?

Doubtful that it's "just like everyone else" otherwise we'd be seeing more complaints from people advertising their guilds.I only remember one case of a guild recruiter being suspended ... and it turned out that it wasn't the multiple advertisements in a short period of time; it was something else they had typed in /map.

Generally, it's pretty rare to get suspended for chat, unless it includes hate speech or vulgar language. It's either repeated behavior (which is unlikely since the OP claims not have heard from ANet about this) or it's egregious enough to require a time out. Or it could be a mistake, but the OP will have to wait to hear back from ANet as to why.

the ban could have been for something you did weeks ago they dont ban that quickly mate.Check your support page were you write tickets if I remember right you get a message there from anet when banned with a reason.EditAnd for some reason you arent notified that you get said message I got this info from friend who got perma banned and only then noticed the previous messages that next ban would be permanent.

This happened to me also about a week and a 1/2 ago wasn't spamming doing a simple guild recruit run. it also happened to 4 other GLs I know. No spam all of us ping once in a map and move on. In 11 years of playing Guild Wars and playing GW2 since launch I have never broken the rules or gotten a suspension. I think you really should look more closely at reports made. I have done recruit runs 3 afternoons a week since Launch of Guld Wars 2. I do know some people like to false report. And I never use map chat for anything other than when I do a recruit run I talk to my guild and most times have map chat off.we have 2 recruit messages we use far from spam.

☯Avalon's Wraiths [AW] est 2008 (450+Members)is Recruiting Vet and New players! 50% Rep Req.★INTL★2 Halls! 69 Gilded! 69 Windswept Haven! FotM/Dun/PvX/Metas/GMs/Site! Discord! Pm for invite!

☯Avalons Wraiths[AW] 2 Halls (69 Gilded) (69 PoF) Est 2008 ★Recruiting New & Vet. Players, 50% Rep Req to Join the Fun★450+Members★ INTL ★ Site ★Discord★GMs,Metas,FotM, Dun★PM for Invite!My Officer's do recruit run's also nothing has happened to them. How else are we supposed to keep our guild active and a live without recruiting?I have had several flirtatious, vulgar and rude pm's I don't report these people unless it is really bad I just tend to block them and move on. It could be some one that used to be in your guild. some one that knows you that doesn't like any number of things.

@DivaCeryn.2673 said:This happened to me also about a week and a 1/2 ago wasn't spamming doing a simple guild recruit run. it also happened to 4 other GLs I know. No spam all of us ping once in a map and move on. In 11 years of playing Guild Wars and playing GW2 since launch I have never broken the rules or gotten a suspension. I think you really should look more closely at reports made. I have done recruit runs 3 afternoons a week since Launch of Guld Wars 2. I do know some people like to false report. And I never use map chat for anything other than when I do a recruit run I talk to my guild and most times have map chat off.we have 2 recruit messages we use far from spam.

☯Avalon's Wraiths [AW] est 2008 (450+Members)is Recruiting Vet and New players! 50% Rep Req.★INTL★2 Halls! 69 Gilded! 69 Windswept Haven! FotM/Dun/PvX/Metas/GMs/Site! Discord! Pm for invite!

☯Avalons Wraiths[AW] 2 Halls (69 Gilded) (69 PoF) Est 2008 ★Recruiting New & Vet. Players, 50% Rep Req to Join the Fun★450+Members★ INTL ★ Site ★Discord★GMs,Metas,FotM, Dun★PM for Invite!

Thank you! That helps!

I'd be surprised if you actually did get suspended for spamming guild recruitment messages. Seeing the recruitment messages in chat never really bothered me enough to be like "Hey support team, here is a report with virtually no wrong-doing in it - use resources investigating it!" I like it to some degree because it's a reminder that the game is still doin' good. There have been instances where multiple players spammed and spammed and spammed but even then I just ignored chat. Until support gets back to you as to why we can only speculate really. When you find out I would not post it here ^^

There have been a few times where they've been overzealous in suspending people for guild recruitment messages. It's just hilarious that they suspend people for doing something that the game should have an in game function for but for some reason have yet to actually implement despite the overwhelming amount of feedback in support of. .

@Jelly Pain.8027 said:I just placed guild ads. I like how you all assume the worst. Thank you for putting me down and not supporting me. Still I did nothing wrong. Thanks for all the abuse. Support team did not get back me at all.

Sorry you feel put down by the comments you've been getting, but in all honesty there's not too much the forum community could support you with here. I don't Think people were trying to be mean, they were just giving some differing opinions, and attempts at reasoning what might have happened.

Now, for some specifics:

• You bring up a 3-hour ban as a huge issue. It really isn't. It's 3 hours.
  • When you demand compensation, in a buy-to-play game there's really not much to say; after the initial purchase you don't pay anything more to play so what compensation for lost playtime should there be?
  • Regarding the reason for ban, be it the guild recruitment or something else, at least one player - possibly more - found it annoying enough to warrant a /report, and the mod who looked at it apparently agreed that it wasn't ok. Considering it was a 3-hour ban it wasn't considered a bad transgression, but a minor one.

Just an idea - did you happen to put one of your recruitment messages into the LFG system where it does not belong? That seems to be much more likely to get reported than a "normal" guild recruitment message in map chat. Otherwise, I would agree with others in this thread that whatever you did in chat maybe happened earlier and is not related to the recruitment messages, alhough you did not reveal how often and how long you sent those messages.....

So what did I do wrong. Assuming I did? I will learn nothing from this having no one contact me. Assuming I did nothing wrong. Followed all the rules. Having paid for my license to play. Possibly players in game wanted to troll me and reported me and the Mod pushed a button without looking into it at all.

@"Shikigami.4013" said:Just an idea - did you happen to put one of your recruitment messages into the LFG system where it does not belong? That seems to be much more likely to get reported than a "normal" guild recruitment message in map chat. Otherwise, I would agree with others in this thread that whatever you did in chat maybe happened earlier and is not related to the recruitment messages, alhough you did not reveal how often and how long you sent those messages.....

I did several times explain what I was doing. I would go to a map drop guild banner. Just 1. Leave map go to next map. I didn't even get through Tyria before the ban. It was within 20 mins.

Archived