Elementalist Vapor Form skill bugged — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elementalist Vapor Form skill bugged

The second downed skill is bugged. Whenever I've tried to use it, the skill will go on cooldown straight after, and for some reason, gives me more downed health. It's not just me that has experienced this bug. I know a few other elementalists who have suffered at the hands of this, and as for me, it has been going on for a more than a week now and it's not fun.

Please fix.

Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

Comments

  • Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

  • Experiencing the same.
    Cant really reproduce it, but it is extremly annyoing when you go down and cant move out of the dmg and just die (speaking of WvW).

  • How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

    Keeping in mind that downstate health is apparently 3 times your max hp, the heal required to get you back up is generally quite large. However, with healing reduction conditions such as poison (33%) and agony (80%), this can impact the skill so much that it isn’t able to heal enough to revive you. This is most easily reproducible using agony rather than poison, because poison alone I don’t think should be enough to stop the skill from activating properly.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019

    @Noodle Ant.1605 said:
    How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

    Keeping in mind that downstate health is apparently 3 times your max hp, the heal required to get you back up is generally quite large. However, with healing reduction conditions such as poison (33%) and agony (80%), this can impact the skill so much that it isn’t able to heal enough to revive you. This is most easily reproducible using agony rather than poison, because poison alone I don’t think should be enough to stop the skill from activating properly.

    Nah, I'm telling you, the actual downed skill will go on cooldown and NOT work. In its place, me (the user) will get more downed health instead. Trust me, it's a bug. This thing never happened before and has only started occurring recently in the last couple of weeks.

    Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

  • @Dahir.4158 said:
    Nah, I'm telling you, the actual downed skill will go on cooldown and NOT work. In its place, me (the user) will get more downed health instead. Trust me, it's a bug. This thing never happened before and has only started occurring recently in the last couple of weeks.

    Isn’t that what I’m saying? What I meant is that the heal portion of the skill can be reduced so much that whilst it still heals you, it’s not enough to rally and activate the vapor form part of the skill. I’ve known this to be case way before the last couple of weeks because this is how it had always been working from my experience, and I’ve experienced it myself more than a handful of times.

    If it helps, search up Vapor Form in the gw2 wiki. I think you’ll might find a similar answer.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

    @Noodle Ant.1605 I don't think you really understand what is going on.

    Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

  • @Noodle Ant.1605 said:
    How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

    Keeping in mind that downstate health is apparently 3 times your max hp, the heal required to get you back up is generally quite large. However, with healing reduction conditions such as poison (33%) and agony (80%), this can impact the skill so much that it isn’t able to heal enough to revive you. This is most easily reproducible using agony rather than poison, because poison alone I don’t think should be enough to stop the skill from activating properly.

    It happens 100% without agony as it does not exist in WvW.
    I can't talk about pve as I dont play that. But in PVP modes it happens on random occasions wheter you have poison or not.

  • I also experience this bug in the last weeks

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

    @Dahir.4158 said:
    @Noodle Ant.1605 I don't think you really understand what is going on.

    Didn’t have enough information then and was only speaking from what the wiki said.

    There’s slightly more context now, mainly that skill fails to properly rally you, even w/o poison. But that raises some new questions:

    • Is this bug effective across all game modes, or mostly one of them?
    • Does this bug occur in an isolated environment (where you’re literally by yourself, nothing is affecting you)?
    • How often does this bug occur?

    I think I do remember experiencing this same bug under the same circumstances (no poison) over a while ago, but it was very rare and I chalked it down to lag, where it usually occurred (I believed that I just took too much dmg between when I pressed the skill and when it actually cast). This skill requires a call for concern anyway, since an unintentional failure to rally completely removes ele’s ability to avoid being finished/stomped prematurely. It should fixed to always work at 100% functionality (speaking from all game modes).

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • fuzzyp.6295fuzzyp.6295 Member ✭✭✭

    This bug is getting very frustrating. Before it seemed that using Vapor Form just put it on cool down. Now using it puts it on cool down, but restores like half of your downed bar. I have a couple recorded instances of the bug but I don't know if that would help in this situation.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.