Horrible scaling, progress blocked

Scaling of fights for group content seems to be a persistent issue for Living World episodes; not so much in the weeks immediately after the content is posted, but in the weeks before the next episode is posted. Examples: Branded Shatterer and Ziya/Vemyen. I can understand why you would not want 10 people to succeed at the Branded Shatterer (this would be unreasonable) but 10 people (or even less) should be able to defeat Vemyen considering that he is the gate at the start of the Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem collection. And not 10 people a la raiding guild. I mean 10 random people on the map who are on their non-ascended geared, open world build alts.

Put aside all the comments like "OP, you should have done this content 3 months ago". This is not going to help those who come to the content late.

Please ensure this gets adjusted in the patch on Tuesday and please take steps to ensure that new content scales suitably for low populations, when the content goes live, so that you do not have to fix it later. Surely you can see the benefit for the dev team, in addition to the players.

For now, Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem is blocked by the inability of random players on the map to defeat Vemyen, unless they manage to get something close to 15-25 people together. And this is always going to be rare and content blocking at this point in the content cycle.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:10 people (or even less) should be able to defeat VemyenMy first two times at the fight had 10 people or fewer (all PUGs), most doing less-than-raid-worthy damage. We had no trouble. I was at a failed run that had over 40.

Please ensure this gets adjusted in the patch on TuesdayEven if ANet agreed with you today, it would be a month or more before they could patch it. There's a lot of thought and planning and testing that goes into this sort of change.

please take steps to ensure that new content scales suitably for low populations, when the content goes live, so that you do not have to fix it later.I think they already do. We can wonder how effective they are at this, whether their idea of "suitable" matches ours. But I think the evidence shows that they give this a lot of thought already.

For now, Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem is blocked by the inability of random players on the map to defeat Vemyen, unless they manage to get something close to 15-25 people together. And this is always going to be rare and content blocking at this point in the content cycle.I can't agree that it's blocked.

I hope that the OP would consider posting a new thread that asks for advice (or help) in completing this event chain rather than waiting for ANet to act. I feel sure that they'd be able to progress their collection much much sooner.

Archived