Master's Fortitude

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

My question is regarding the 'gain x based on y' effect... the wiki states the following: "Temporary attribute bonuses from traits ... or from Sigils count for the purpose of this effect."

It has been about 3 years since I've actually played the game but Weaver has me intrigued again. I always played staff ele, but would be interested in getting the expansion and trying out sword/focus. What I want to figure out is how much of my old build (armor specifically) would need to be replaced to play close range. In order to best figure this out, I need to know if might stacking assists in buffing the HP pool with this trait. Being as Might is a boon and is not specifically listed as being functional (or non-functioninal for that matter) with the 'gain x based on y' effect I was wondering if someone in possession of the expansion could check on this for me.

From the build editor I looked into, my character would only gain about 338 vitality without the assistance of boon stacking. Either way I'm already definitely leaning towards the purchase - just really dreading having to figure out the changes made to ascensions and crafting more than 2 weapons for the change of pace. Thanks in advance =)

Might doesn't contribute to the vitality bonus. A 338 vitality boost from a trait is still pretty nice though!

Acquiring gear isn't too bad and depending on what type of content you plan on playing, it shouldn't be too bad of a grind. Keep in mind, exotic gear isn't that much weaker than ascended gear and you should be just fine until you are able to get it.

Even though you are already leaning towards getting the xpac, I just wanted to chime in and say...Do it!

Thanks for the answer, I wonder why they don't change it. I'm not familiar with all the new traits and skills - but even at max stacks of might the result would only increase the vitality by another 75 points. It hardly seems game breaking to me... I suppose there's another trait/skill where applying boons towards the 'gain x based on y' effect would result in an overpowered build.

And just for the record, the build editor doesn't say I would get a full 338 from the trait. A chunk of that vitality boost would come from changing my staff with 1 set of attributes - to the sword and focus where 1 weapon carried the same set and the second was Valkyrie instead, to assist in survivability. I'll give it a shot but it's looking like I will have to adjust my armor - or at least all my infusions in them - to make close range more feasible.

@Bvhjdbvkjf.1987 said:Thanks for the answer, I wonder why they don't change it. I'm not familiar with all the new traits and skills - but even at max stacks of might the result would only increase the vitality by another 75 points. It hardly seems game breaking to me... I suppose there's another trait/skill where applying boons towards the 'gain x based on y' effect would result in an overpowered build.

I will reiterate what @Forz.1725 said, MIGHT boon does not increase VIT stat gained from master's fortitude. It is converted from POWER stat.

Archived