why do soulbeasts get to full heal their pets by just merging and unmerging?

LazySummer.2568

They can even fully revive their dead pet by merging with it (even though it's dead) and unmerging. Normal pet switch at least has a 20s cd or 60s cd penalty if it dies. Beastmode gets 10s cd flat.Why am i not allowed ANY sort of counter plays such as killing their fucking pet to the bullshit known as boonbeast?

Taking the time to kill the pet should have more reward than it does, especially with how they can take the pet out of danger by merging with it. How can you merge with a dead pet? O.o

Still, that means Druid/core might have some issues. AoE dmg reduction maybe? Just a little.

@"LazySummer.2568" said:They can even fully revive their dead pet by merging with it (even though it's dead) and unmerging. Normal pet switch at least has a 20s cd or 60s cd penalty if it dies. Beastmode gets 10s cd flat.Why am i not allowed ANY sort of counter plays such as killing their kitten pet to the kitten known as boonbeast?

First and foremost you "don't kill the pet". That's animal abuse o.OWhat you do when you deplete the HP of the pet is incapacitate it. Which means the boons are still shared between the pet and the soubeast.

As such i think what you should focus on is to bring into the dev attention this traits which are the main culprit of the boonbeast effectiveness:Fresh Reinforcement. It is not the merging-unmerging but the fact every time the soulbeast merges it duplicates the boons.

There are other traits involved like Fortifying Bond and the shout We heal as One, but those are from the core ranger and we already know those are fine as we didn't have any issues with the boon druid or the boon ranger. It makes the pet beefier but that wasn't a real issue as the pets don't connect most of their attacks anyway.

What solution i think would be the best to fix this without changing the trait Fresh Reinforcement?

• Increase enter beastmode CD to 30 secs. This will fix two things: Pets revived every 10 secs and also will break the cicle of the Fresh reinforment boon cicle. This is amssive nerf which could make soulbeast completely useless in any gamemode.
  • To fight that allow soulbeast to swap pets while merged. All Cds are already there: 20 seconds CD to swap pets, merged skills also have their own CDs which do not reset when merged/unmerged. So we only need the actual button to make it real. Just the button.
  • And also it would be beneficial to make so Fortify bond and We heal as One only copy the boons when we have an active pet (so no duplicate boons while merged)

This will open new builds for the soulbeast althought it would go against the "no merged camping" philosophy, philosophy which i think is not the way to go with soulbeast as it should be allowed to play merged and not being punished by it if the situation requires it (like for example WvW group play).

I understand there are other builds in other classes which are as broken and unfun to play against as the Boon beast which is not even the worst offender (when bots can use condi mirage with success that means the build is bot brain busted...) but this thread is about my main, so i help.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"LazySummer.2568" said:They can even fully revive their dead pet by merging with it (even though it's dead) and unmerging. Normal pet switch at least has a 20s cd or 60s cd penalty if it dies. Beastmode gets 10s cd flat.Why am i not allowed ANY sort of counter plays such as killing their kitten pet to the kitten known as boonbeast?

First and foremost you "don't kill the pet". That's animal abuse o.OWhat you do when you deplete the HP of the pet is incapacitate it. Which means the boons are still shared between the pet and the soubeast.

As such i think what you should focus on is to bring into the dev attention this traits which are the main culprit of the boonbeast effectiveness:
. It is not the merging-unmerging but the fact every time the soulbeast merges it duplicates the boons.

There are other traits involved like Fortifying Bond and the shout We heal as One, but those are from the core ranger and we already know those are fine as we didn't have any issues with the boon druid or the boon ranger. It makes the pet beefier but that wasn't a real issue as the pets don't connect most of their attacks anyway.

What solution i think would be the best to fix this without changing the trait Fresh Reinforcement?
  • Increase enter beastmode CD to 30 secs. This will fix two things: Pets revived every 10 secs and also will break the cicle of the Fresh reinforment boon cicle. This is amssive nerf which could make soulbeast completely useless in any gamemode.
  • To fight that allow soulbeast to swap pets while merged. All Cds are already there: 20 seconds CD to swap pets, merged skills also have their own CDs which do not reset when merged/unmerged. So we only need the actual button to make it real. Just the button.
  • And also it would be beneficial to make so Fortify bond and We heal as One only copy the boons when we have an active pet (so no duplicate boons while merged)

This will open new builds for the soulbeast althought it would go against the "no merged camping" philosophy, which i think is not the way to go with soulbeast.

I understand there are other builds in other classes which are as broken and unfun to play against as the Boon beast which is not even the worst offender (when bots can use condi mirage with success that means the build is bot brain busted...) but this thread is about my main, so i help.

You can keep the "no merged camping" philosophy by adding a small benefit for leaving soulbeast mode..like a 3-4k heal or stealth or superspeed or something else, I doubt that would become too strong given the 30s CD

@"Arheundel.6451" said:You can keep the "no merged camping" philosophy by adding a small benefit for leaving soulbeast mode..like a 3-4k heal or stealth or superspeed or something else, I doubt that would become too strong given the 30s CD

Aside your idea which i think is fantastic, we just need a interesting F2s in the pets. We have a working example already: the SmokescaleWhen the F2 brings an unique utility the Souldbeast will unmerge to get advantage of that skill.

If ranger would have interesting F2s with unique and impactful utility effects probably the soulbeast would feel like a rewarding action to unmerge. Right now it's not the best option most of the time.

Archived