PvP rank experience

Cevlakohn.2165

I'm currently in rank 56 of pvp, and until now I've more-or-less never paid attention to the pvp experience bar because it doesn't matter (I don't like using really flashy finishers). But with the release of the mistforged armor which requires level 100, I've become curious as to approximately how many matches I would have to play until I'm eligible for them. Except that I'm not sure how to estimate this, because I don't know what all my sources of xp are. The Wiki page on "PvP Rank" appears to only list two ways to get pvp rank points: 500 points for a loss, 1500 for a win (so ~1000 points per game on average). But I occasionally see people imply that there are other ways to get rank points as well: clicking the "Ready" icon before a match, for instance, or capping points in farming servers. So I'm a little confused. Just what exactly are all the ways one gains pvp rank experience?

There are plenty of Boosters that increase PvP XP gain, also certain events that automatically give effects such as Call of the Mists also increase it.

Without boosters it could take you anywhere between 1000 - 1500 Games, depending on the matches Won and Lost + Top Stats, etc. etc.I didn't do exact math it's just somewhat guessing.

@"Alatar.7364" said:There are plenty of Boosters that increase PvP XP gainWhich ones are these? Most of the boosters specify that they increase PvP reward track progress, but that's different from PvP XP. The Experience Booster and Heroic Booster say they boost xp "in All Game Types" but I just ran a pvp match while using the Experience Booster and there was no change: the indicator at the right, at the end of the match, still said 1,500 xp for the win. It seems that either the extra xp is "hidden" with those tonics, or pvp xp is immune?

@Cevlakohn.2165 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:There are plenty of Boosters that increase PvP XP gainWhich ones are these? Most of the boosters specify that they increase PvP
reward track
progress, but that's different from PvP XP. The Experience Booster and Heroic Booster say they boost xp "in All Game Types" but I just ran a pvp match while using the Experience Booster and there was no change: the indicator at the right, at the end of the match, still said 1,500 xp for the win. It seems that either the extra xp is "hidden" with those tonics, or pvp xp is immune?

Those two should definitely work, take a look at the amount of Rank exp you have before the match and then after the match. When the match ends it will likely still say something like "+1500 victory" but I'm the exp bar you'll get more.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Alatar.7364" said:Those two should definitely work, take a look at the amount of Rank exp you have before the match and then after the match. When the match ends it will likely still say something like "+1500 victory" but I'm the exp bar you'll get more.

Nope. I just checked: using both the Experience Booster and the Lunar New Years booster. Neither affects how much rank exp you get.

I just did a quick calculation based on my current rank XP, and the number of matches played, won, and lost, and it says that on average I have made about 300 points of rank xp per match in addition to the 500/1500 exp given on a loss/win. This can't be possible, since the Wiki says the most you can get is 60, unless there's some other source of rank XP other than wins, losses, click ready, autobalance, and top stats. Does anybody know what that might be?

EDIT: I found out that the #s in the "Totals" column on the "PvP Rank" wiki article are wrong. When I redo the totals column manually and recalculate, my numbers exactly match: matches played x (10 + 25) plus matches won x 1500 plus matches lost x 500 plus top stats awarded x 5. Which reaffirms the fact that xp boosters do nothing.

@hOpe.6180 said:only way is to play.Yeah, sure, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'd still like to know how the system works, though.

Archived