Veteran Creature Slayer

Ni In.6578

The problem with Veteran Slayer is the limited amount of Vets that count for it. If they were more numerous,, people would no camp the ones close to spawn (like Harpy & Warg in Alpine), but would actually have to move across the map to find them. That would be a better option. Skritt & Centaur events could count as well. or the events on EB.Having a respawn timer every 5 min should only be done, if the participation counter is tweaked. No Ranger or MM Necro should be able to AFK directly on a spawn spot and keep up his tick. Right now, it is a courtesy to share a Vet kill among enemy players. If there is an AFK option the ganking of waiting people would increase a lot. I want to uphold the bit of chivalry left in the game. (Just IMHO)

Veteran creature is fine, what's actually nonsensical about it is as said the veterans that dont count for some weird reasons. For example the dog-bear-thing by the east camp on ABL or the northern wyvern on DBL just to name two of them.

I'd like to hear Anet respond to why - but I dont think we would get an answer. Because I honestly dont think Anet have any idea themselves. It's like so many other things in WvW, like why was siegerazer deleted and the spawn camp guards made impotent? Nobody knows. It worked before. It doesnt now. And those veterans never worked to begin with.

AnetLogic

Dont question it.

But OP said that he is mainly PvE player. So be probably don't want it more challenging to kill veterans.

I can understand both sides. On the one hand, sometimes you just want to quickly complete your daily and then things like gathering, some JP's and bounty, veterans are an easy way to do so. Basically just find the 3 easiest across the game modes... On the other hand these events are stupid for WvW players, because the PvE-event is usually not what they enjoy and on top it give as much rank points as capturing a camp...

@"syszery.1592" said:But OP said that he is mainly PvE player. So be probably don't want it more challenging to kill veterans.

He isn't tho... This thread is just dripping with... Idk... Bait? Or maybe it's a indirect way of asking to it be faster for the people that just want their dailies done to gfto the map.

I'm really not sure what's going on here anymore...

BsrSNNN.jpg

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"syszery.1592" said:But OP said that he is mainly PvE player. So be probably don't want it
more challenging
to kill veterans.

He isn't tho... This thread is just dripping with... Idk... Bait? Or maybe it's a indirect way of asking to it be faster for the people that just want their dailies done to gfto the map.

I'm really not sure what's going on here anymore...

BsrSNNN.jpg

Haha I should have read his signature... Thank god I am no fish ;)

@juno.1840 said:please remove veteran creature slayer from daily rotation -- it's the only WvW daily that is not completed as part of normal play.

I agree with this. We all want to do our dailies, but especially if you're in a large squad, you should be able to complete them organically, and not have to veer out of the way.

Of course if you remove them as a daily, what is the point of having them in the first place? Nobody would ever kill them except to keep their participation up.

@aspirine.6852 said:Just give them the achievement for login in to OS, that way they do not need to add to the queu and they are happy they can leave wvw as soon as possible.

Y'know, I get where your sentiment is coming from, but really, you need to think bigger picture. Around March of last year I started going in to WvW just to finish dailies, same as the OP. These days about 50% of my playtime is in WvW now.

Introducing more players to WvW is the only way the game mode will thrive / survive. Just sayin'

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Just give them the achievement for login in to OS, that way they do not need to add to the queu and they are happy they can leave wvw as soon as possible.

Y'know, I get where your sentiment is coming from, but really, you need to think bigger picture. Around March of last year I started going in to WvW just to finish dailies, same as the OP. These days about 50% of my playtime is in WvW now.

Introducing more players to WvW is the only way the game mode will thrive / survive. Just sayin'

Yeah we need more players, but it needs to be less boring blob boonsharing shit for them to stay. :/

Archived