Intact Mosaic Drop rate too small

@borgs.6103 said:Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Legendary Bounties only drop Elegy Mosaics that go straight to your wallet?

Elegy Mosaics are a currency and go directly to your wallet - you are right. But he means the Intact Mosaic which are materials needed for crafting (for the elegy armor or griever stats for example) and those go to the inventory.And yes, those are quite rare... But they dropp as well from the treasure chests during the meta event on Desert Highlands.

@borgs.6103 said:Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Legendary Bounties only drop Elegy Mosaics that go straight to your wallet?

Both. You get at least one or two Elegy Mosaics and a chance of getting Intact Mosaic.

The Maw of Torment and Serpent's Ire daily chest has a guaranteed Intact Mosaic you can select though. Superior Buried Treasures also has a chance to drop them, you can check reddit for drop rates. All these options are a joke ... Maw of Torment fails because NPCs walking from point A to point B is too complicated to implement for a 6 year old game, Serpent's Ire - use the forum search, Superior Buried Treasure has a 20 minute time limit on top of an already awful mechanic.

You can get them on the trading post for less than 3g each. Seeing how they have reasonable use (for crafting exotic grieving armor and ascended grieving inscription and insignia as well as the elegy armor pieces beyond the first set), the price seems to indicate that the drop rate across the playerbase is actually pretty spot on.

The guild TSS seems yo do the serpents ire meta pretty regularly. I would look them up and see which days they do them. Not only does the choice chest has one as an option, but you can get a bonus one as well for just completing the event. Maw, which imo is the best way to farm these is not popular, mainly because the event spawn isnt on a scheduled time like serpents or teq, it just spawns on a inmap timer like the sw events. This made the event very profitable back in the day when it could be multimapped, but better farms have been found in its place. Now because it just randomly spawn, it hard to get people to come to the map, because they dont know the event is up. Personally it be nice if anet put maw and jurrencu raising events on a 2 hour timer.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:I have done 64 Legendary bounties today, and have received exactly 0 Intact Mosaics. The drop rate on these must be ridiculously low.

Got to agree with you there OP, I've actually never seen an Intact Mosaic drop from a legendary bounty, only from the chests people mention above, so it has to be an abysmal chance there.

@darksome.1697 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:I have done 64 Legendary bounties today, and have received exactly 0 Intact Mosaics. The drop rate on these must be ridiculously low.

Got to agree with you there OP, I've actually never seen an Intact Mosaic drop from a legendary bounty, only from the chests people mention above, so it has to be an abysmal chance there.

It's not before the Elegy armor collection, Mosaic was like 20 silver or so on TP, literal flooding market with little use.

@Voltekka.2375 said:I would strongly recommend you do superior treasure Hunt. The chance of getting intact mosaics are higher. Plus, its soloable.I agree.I tried legendary bounty hunting for the Intact Mosaics but it is certainly not a reliable method.The Superior Treasure Hunt is far more reliable, plus (for me) I find it quite enjoyable, and there are plenty of other useful items you can pick up to use/sell. On average I would get an Intact Mosaic every second hunt, and per hunt I would get 15-20 caches (or whatever they're called).The Maw of Torment in The Desolation is perfectly fine to get them too, you just need ~6 players that know what they're doing (i.e. 2 per lane clearing out the elites in the pre-event will make the main assault run far smoother and quicker).As others have said; Serpents' Ire is like Triple Trouble; wait for an organised guild/group to attempt it.

And to elaborate a bit more, I had done enough legendary champtrains to get 844 elegy mosaics and during those i got exactly 3 (yes, three) intact mosaics. Upon doing treasure Hunt, I get at least one intact mosaic per run (rng) and 4-9 elegy mosaics. Plus a whole lot of other stuff, plus it is fun to race against the time.

Archived