So I guess this is the meta now? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So I guess this is the meta now?

RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

30% fb
40% power Herald
20% corrupt scourge sc/dag, axe/f
10% weaver

Stay at 1200 range and chunk with heralds, push if they come into <900 range and run through with corrupt scourge and Herald on staff/jalis. Superspeed the parties with glint 5 before swapping?

No room for other classes =/

Loving the 16k+ hammer hits on 3k armor btw, feels good to play against.

<1

Comments

  • Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

    Seems about right

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And 0.001% warriors spamming /sleep on chat

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • it's been like at least since i returned to the game mid nov. just giant balls of minstrel guardians. it's the most snoozefest team fight meta i've ever seen as far as frontline goes. minstrel stats are broken.

    Xterra/Marqeese[Ark]

  • Acyk.9671Acyk.9671 Member ✭✭

    @RisenHowl.2419 said:
    30% fb
    40% power Herald
    20% corrupt scourge sc/dag, axe/f
    10% weaver

    Where did you get those numbers? I almost never see more than 1 fb/grp, for heralds depends if comm plays melee or range, quite low percentile for scourge, allright for weaver.
    Where are the 20% of chronos/scrapper/spellbreaker/ (tempest) ? Last patch made them less useful but their role can't be replaced and are still needed in low numbers.

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    @Acyk.9671 said:

    @RisenHowl.2419 said:
    30% fb
    40% power Herald
    20% corrupt scourge sc/dag, axe/f
    10% weaver

    Where did you get those numbers? I almost never see more than 1 fb/grp, for heralds depends if comm plays melee or range, quite low percentile for scourge, allright for weaver.
    Where are the 20% of chronos/scrapper/spellbreaker/ (tempest) ? Last patch made them less useful but their role can't be replaced and are still needed in low numbers.

    probably personal experience. but the true numbers are vary.
    i see most public zergs TRY to get something around:
    1 SB (WoD)/Chrono (Gravity + Veil + Focus Pull) + 1 FB + 1 SC + 1 P.Her. + 1 Ele per Group

    Guilds also often use:
    Staff Daredevil for Backline pressure by Vault + Engis for Smokefields (Invis blast)

  • Is spellbreaker no longer meta? (I havent been online in awhile)

  • Have to add a chrono in that lot for pulls and gravity well.

    The boon application/share in those groups are unbelievable.
    If you are pugs, you basically have no/zero chance of beating a coordinated group like that and they will farm you over and over.
    Maybe there needs to be a better way to strip boons off otherwise you'll be killed if within 1200 range by hammers and if pulled then the shades and whatever is thrown will insta kill you in seconds.

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Would you guys be more open to a faster changing meta, or something more of a dynamic middle ground (if there is even such a thing possible)?

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    @SloRules.3560 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It actually was.

    I really like Pizza more

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • SloRules.3560SloRules.3560 Member ✭✭✭

    @gebrechen.5643 said:

    @SloRules.3560 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It actually was.

    I really like Pizza more

    This is first time i hear of a playstyle called pizza. Can you enlighten me.

  • PeLi.5498PeLi.5498 Member ✭✭

    (1 fb, 1 sc, 1 herald) + 1 sb / 1 chrono / 1 reaper / 1 conversion or supp engi
    And any weavers

  • @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Would you guys be more open to /.../ more of a dynamic middle ground (if there is even such a thing possible)?

    Of course, that is what most would strive for. As always, balance does not have to be perfect, it just has to be tolerable. It's not the end of the world if ranged are better than melee if there is still the off-option to go melee.

    The problem with the latest balance patch is that instead of seeing the obvious continued dominance of ranged tactics (despite the autumn balance pass that made melee a little bit closer to potential) is that they decided to nerf almost all the support classes that could enable you to push through shadewalls rather than adressing the broken stuff that has been talked about for a year.

    That goes to the question of the topic at hand as well, this isn't a new meta by any stretch, it's the same meta that has existed for all of PoF. The FB being the primary support class sprinkled with a few Scrappers and Chronos for their utilities and then coupled with a majority of Scourges and Revs sprinkled with a few SB and Eles for their utility. The other classes are either occassionally played by players who can handle them or used as less useful outliers (the same in general could be said for the more commonly sprinkled classes, the least experienced players tend not to play them but they are at least a little bit more user-friendly than the rare occassions when you see eg., Daredevils used effectively). The only minute differences may be the balance between the popular classes as you've occassionally seen varying numbers of Scourges, Revs and Spellbreakers. As always with meta though, it's not a question of best performance it's a question of easiest performance. That is easily seen by when a squad has an effective DD detachment or when they support their SB more effectively so bubbles come surprising and the SB gets out, they do tend to beat the simpler meta-ships.

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    @SloRules.3560 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:

    @SloRules.3560 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It actually was.

    I really like Pizza more

    This is first time i hear of a playstyle called pizza. Can you enlighten me.

    It's a matter of what you like. Hammer meta wasn't more skilled than condi meta or the current meta. It's not a question about skill, it's a question of preferred playstyle. End of story. please leave a subscription.

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ruwani.8624 said:
    Is spellbreaker no longer meta? (I havent been online in awhile)

    It's still used, but honestly it's no longer needed.

  • @gebrechen.5643 said:
    It's a matter of what you like. Hammer meta wasn't more skilled than condi meta or the current meta. It's not a question about skill, it's a question of preferred playstyle. End of story. please leave a subscription.

    The issue with the metas has never been skill. The issue has always been that content creators like melee and content consumers like ranged metas. That is, in part, why we see fewer and fewer leaders with more and more followers.

    Also, a melee meta always have room for ranged classes to bomb on the balls with relative ease. Playing havoc-styled melee in a range meta is much more difficult and as such out of the meta since meta is about ease of use.

    So a ranged meta does not only cater to anonymous players at the expense of commanders but is also overall more divisive and less class-inclusive.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Now? Been like this for a while.

    Welcome to the power creep, where the pace of the game goes up because everything does more. You go down faster, you die faster, damage is higher, healing is higher, cleansing is higher, damage reduction is higher blah blah blah.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2019

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It was more fun than the scourge train :/

    At least with scourge train, non super tanky stats were viable. Being able to run more glassy stats and actually do damage was preferable to that wetnoodle meta.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It was more fun than the scourge train :/

    I disagree. Way less builds were viable.

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2019

    Hammer train > Pirate ship, because the later relies on waiting for the opposition to fall asleep or do something else more productive with their lives. This is espeically true when you have a bunch of people just camping chokes.

    That being said, nothing will always be as trash as the HoT meta, in any form.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2019

    Still pirateship, just one ship to another. This ship doesn't seems to react well if get into close range fight though. It relies heavily on mesmer to pull, so likely to see a mesmer commander but if you know how they gonna play, you won't fall for it.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • Acyk.9671Acyk.9671 Member ✭✭

    @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Would you guys be more open to a faster changing meta, or something more of a dynamic middle ground (if there is even such a thing possible)?

    Not really. I want Anet to fix what is OP in the game at a much faster rater but once it's done, it can stay the same way until next expac. Changing meta often is imo more for pvp. That's why people ask for game mode split. Before last patch everything was too Op, which made meta balanced but not fun. Now that support has been nerfed, Anet need to nerf damage (rev/ weaver/ scourge), otherwise it ends up being a range war and people hate that. It's simple, people just want to play their melee spec in melee and their range spec at range, kinda like it was in vanilla before the pirate ship meta.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    Yes it was, i loved pre hot with old stab.
    Blasting water and firefields, calling out hammerstuns like monkeys, not staring at your enemy until one side has lost 5 ppl and retreats. Not dying in literally 0.5 seconds because you lost all your boons and got stuck in a bomb for a millisecond

    Less dmg overall and maybe less boon output etc, just tone down the kittenfest that wvw zerging is and has been for the longest time

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gebrechen.5643 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @gebrechen.5643 said:
    Because hammer stun train was so fun, right?

    It was more fun than the scourge train :/

    I disagree. Way less builds were viable.

    Way less builds were present as well.
    The game got streamlined a lot in the leadup to HoT

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Typical comp is hybrid now

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019

    30% Scourge,
    20% Firebrand,
    20% Rev,
    10% Ele,
    10% Chrono

    ... is roughly about what I'm used to seeing these days. Bubbles are surprisingly hard to come by.

    Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kovu.7560 said:
    30% Scourge,
    20% Firebrand,
    20% Rev,
    10% Ele,
    10% Chrono

    ... is roughly about what I'm used to seeing these days. Bubbles are surprisingly hard to come by.

    Bubble might as well not exist at this point. Long cast followed by a 1s activation time makes it very difficult to land.

    Chrono doesn't offer much either, just veil, pull, and grav well. Portal if you're running a small squad. Boon chrono adds nothing to double Rev comp except alacrity, and that unreliably. They're also really bad damage unless it's picking someone off who isn't near tag

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RisenHowl.2419 said:

    @Kovu.7560 said:
    30% Scourge,
    20% Firebrand,
    20% Rev,
    10% Ele,
    10% Chrono

    ... is roughly about what I'm used to seeing these days. Bubbles are surprisingly hard to come by.

    Bubble might as well not exist at this point. Long cast followed by a 1s activation time makes it very difficult to land.

    Chrono doesn't offer much either, just veil, pull, and grav well. Portal if you're running a small squad. Boon chrono adds nothing to double Rev comp except alacrity, and that unreliably. They're also really bad damage unless it's picking someone off who isn't near tag

    I find tags I follow still try to utilize 1-2 chronos for the utilities you mentioned. An issue is not many people want to play mesmer, its much easier to contribute/tag in large fights with all of the other (listed) professions. Its certainly a turnaround from the small scale scene, where 40% of roamers are mesmers.

    ~ Kovu

    Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    10% weavers maybe a bit too high of a number lol. Weaver is fun but you only need 1 or 2 in a group they are massive liability revs are able to dps on the same level and are much less punished for doing so.

    I find the meta is 3 classes and 1 elite skill. Scorge FB rev, and winds of destruction. Out side of this you have leased use effects and classes to throw ppl off.

    The meta is in a very boring state its not fun to use and its not fun to play vs it. The last balancing patch only made things worst.

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kaiser.9873 said:
    Pirate ship is junk, but so was boon share, and condi bomb. Hammer train was more fun, because at the time the fights lasted longer. Melee ball with pick group was fun as well as ranged were able to branch out a bit.

    Metas that encouraged engagements are more fun than maneuvering for a choke, or simply staring at each other until one side gets so bored they push or leave.

    I will never understand this nostalgia for pre hot hammer train meta. Go back and watch videos from that time even the best guilds from back then would be one push material playing like that now.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019

    @Kaiser.9873 said:
    Pirate ship is junk, but so was boon share, and condi bomb. Hammer train was more fun, because at the time the fights lasted longer. Melee ball with pick group was fun as well as ranged were able to branch out a bit.

    Metas that encouraged engagements are more fun than maneuvering for a choke, or simply staring at each other until one side gets so bored they push or leave.

    Pirate ship is mandatory, due Anet "competence" on class and skill design, they need to make game range aoe fest so casuals can be efficient as well.
    Gw2 is a awfull pvp game, expect more pirate ship and more range spam on next expantion, next elites need to be better than PoF to make players want them.

  • juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:
    10% weavers maybe a bit too high of a number lol. Weaver is fun but you only need 1 or 2 in a group they are massive liability revs are able to dps on the same level and are much less punished for doing so.

    I find the meta is 3 classes and 1 elite skill. Scorge FB rev, and winds of destruction. Out side of this you have leased use effects and classes to throw ppl off.

    The meta is in a very boring state its not fun to use and its not fun to play vs it. The last balancing patch only made things worst.

    He said "ele" not "weaver". I'm seeing more support tempests after the nerf to chrono boon-share. The tempests can puke out boons, utility auras, and CC -- all while healing good amounts.

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I feel like you guys have forgotten how boring and easy the pre hot melee ball GWEN meta was. There were so many fewer things you had to get right back then.

    Like earthshaker was fun don't get me wrong but today's meta is so much lower margin for error it's way more fun to play imo.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

    Definitely:
    1 Scourge : barrier (especially with Desert Empowerment but Sand Cascade is on 10 cooldown), condi conversion to boons (Nefarious Favor is 5s cooldown), boon corrupt, power DPS ... it's the most played since POF , damage isn't capped per time interval unlike with CoR
    --- I've seen reapers but far less (usually Reaper's Onslaught + Death Perception)
    2 Firebrand : stability (now with elite mantra and tome), heals, unbroken lines (200 toughness makes Strength in numbers look bad most of the time) , Eternal Oasis (20% heal) amplifies scrapper rapid regen and tome heals, reflect
    --- mace+shield typical
    3 Herald : 10-man perma fury, hammer CoR + power DPS, swiftness for scourges, superspeed (elite) , -50% damage dwarf legend RotGD

    In fewer numbers by people that know them well...
    4 Tempest/Weaver : meteor (especially for siege), fireball for cannons , there's a huge ferocity bonus in air traitline or these would be more or less obsolete after Elements of rage and lava font nerfs
    5 Spellbreaker: bubble+break enchantments , even after Full counter nerfs
    6 chrono : veil/portal/grav well , mantra for stability
    7 scrapper: condi conversion, regen , projectile absorbing bubble from bulwark gyro

    Generally very few...
    condi mirage : roamers very often are mirage but few in zergs due to condi cleansing
    deadeye/daredevil : backline harassment but mostly roamers
    soulbeast: roaming mostly , haven't seen stanceshare in parties
    holo: mostly roamers
    druid: very often roamers using it only for celestial avatar

    If you look at most larger groups and tab through them it is easily half scourges for damage.

  • @Israel.7056 said:
    I feel like you guys have forgotten how boring and easy the pre hot melee ball GWEN meta was. There were so many fewer things you had to get right back then.

    Like earthshaker was fun don't get me wrong but today's meta is so much lower margin for error it's way more fun to play imo.

    I guess that's what they mean when Anet said "More Rewarding Gameplay".

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    this is the rewards meta. enjoy or die.

    The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @juno.1840 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    10% weavers maybe a bit too high of a number lol. Weaver is fun but you only need 1 or 2 in a group they are massive liability revs are able to dps on the same level and are much less punished for doing so.

    I find the meta is 3 classes and 1 elite skill. Scorge FB rev, and winds of destruction. Out side of this you have leased use effects and classes to throw ppl off.

    The meta is in a very boring state its not fun to use and its not fun to play vs it. The last balancing patch only made things worst.

    He said "ele" not "weaver". I'm seeing more support tempests after the nerf to chrono boon-share. The tempests can puke out boons, utility auras, and CC -- all while healing good amounts.

    No its weaver he talking about staff dmg weaver it has a very small places. Tempest has NO places nor dose core ele. Tempest was never in competition with chrono for boons-share because chrono was sharing out much stronger boons and making FB support stronger. Tempest was competing with revs (who are doing dmg) for the same type of boons at 10 targets and perma level were most of tempest boons are 5 and far from perma.

    Tempest is the saddest of classes.

  • juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @juno.1840 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    10% weavers maybe a bit too high of a number lol. Weaver is fun but you only need 1 or 2 in a group they are massive liability revs are able to dps on the same level and are much less punished for doing so.

    I find the meta is 3 classes and 1 elite skill. Scorge FB rev, and winds of destruction. Out side of this you have leased use effects and classes to throw ppl off.

    The meta is in a very boring state its not fun to use and its not fun to play vs it. The last balancing patch only made things worst.

    He said "ele" not "weaver". I'm seeing more support tempests after the nerf to chrono boon-share. The tempests can puke out boons, utility auras, and CC -- all while healing good amounts.

    No its weaver he talking about staff dmg weaver it has a very small places. Tempest has NO places nor dose core ele. Tempest was never in competition with chrono for boons-share because chrono was sharing out much stronger boons and making FB support stronger. Tempest was competing with revs (who are doing dmg) for the same type of boons at 10 targets and perma level were most of tempest boons are 5 and far from perma.

    Tempest is the saddest of classes.

    You're claiming facts where there are none:

    • "he talking about staff dmg weaver" -- Kovu never said anything about staff, damage, or weaver
    • "Chrono was sharing out much stronger boons" -- not any more, I'm living in the present, so should you
    • "Tempest was competing with revs for same type of boons" -- the closest thing to a fact you said, but not 100% accurate

    You also disregarded my other points about healing and utility. Regardless, different guilds run different comps and, as I said, I'm seeing more support/utility tempests on my server.

  • messiah.1908messiah.1908 Member ✭✭✭✭

    regarding numbers

    usually for 20 man squad
    1 FB in each team (if not guildies its hard to finds)
    1 power backline rev in most groups

    so its 20% FB and power backline rev
    2 SB so 10%
    1 mesmer so 5%
    1 scrapper or healing ventari (me) 5%
    rest is power scourge 40%

    in group of 50 we get 15% FB and power backline rev

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019

    @juno.1840 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @juno.1840 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    10% weavers maybe a bit too high of a number lol. Weaver is fun but you only need 1 or 2 in a group they are massive liability revs are able to dps on the same level and are much less punished for doing so.

    I find the meta is 3 classes and 1 elite skill. Scorge FB rev, and winds of destruction. Out side of this you have leased use effects and classes to throw ppl off.

    The meta is in a very boring state its not fun to use and its not fun to play vs it. The last balancing patch only made things worst.

    He said "ele" not "weaver". I'm seeing more support tempests after the nerf to chrono boon-share. The tempests can puke out boons, utility auras, and CC -- all while healing good amounts.

    No its weaver he talking about staff dmg weaver it has a very small places. Tempest has NO places nor dose core ele. Tempest was never in competition with chrono for boons-share because chrono was sharing out much stronger boons and making FB support stronger. Tempest was competing with revs (who are doing dmg) for the same type of boons at 10 targets and perma level were most of tempest boons are 5 and far from perma.

    Tempest is the saddest of classes.

    You're claiming facts where there are none:

    • "he talking about staff dmg weaver" -- Kovu never said anything about staff, damage, or weaver
    • "Chrono was sharing out much stronger boons" -- not any more, I'm living in the present, so should you
    • "Tempest was competing with revs for same type of boons" -- the closest thing to a fact you said, but not 100% accurate

    You also disregarded my other points about healing and utility. Regardless, different guilds run different comps and, as I said, I'm seeing more support/utility tempests on my server.

    @RisenHowl.2419 said:
    30% fb
    40% power Herald
    20% corrupt scourge sc/dag, axe/f
    10% weaver

    Stay at 1200 range and chunk with heralds, push if they come into <900 range and run through with corrupt scourge and Herald on staff/jalis. Superspeed the parties with glint 5 before swapping?

    No room for other classes =/

    Loving the 16k+ hammer hits on 3k armor btw, feels good to play against.

    Did not work the way i wanted but close enofe.

    Chron still give out quikness stab resicanese and alictorly things tempest dose not so YES chron still a better boon support classe.

    Tempest is competing with rev because rev gives out the same boons but to 10 targets at a perma level. The big diffrents is the rev can dmg like a weaver and support like a tempest at the same time.

    You find most tempest only play tempest because they like the ele class and not the other support. Not because tempest is a better support its just less boring. Nothing to do with balancing or the stronger chose sadly tempest is significantly weaker then the other supports and most tempest players know it.

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    you guys claiming boon chrono is still relevant are badly mistaken. pop some altruism runes on a scrapper and spam mortar kit with purity of purpose. every swap removes conditions and converts them into boons+regen, 1.5s CD.

    even if the scrapper sucks and only swaps ever 2s, that's 300 boon applications per minute.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RisenHowl.2419 said:
    you guys claiming boon chrono is still relevant are badly mistaken. pop some altruism runes on a scrapper and spam mortar kit with purity of purpose. every swap removes conditions and converts them into boons+regen, 1.5s CD.

    even if the scrapper sucks and only swaps ever 2s, that's 300 boon applications per minute.

    Except if it had actually been conditions that did some damage, the scrapper would be dead after a couple of swaps. You dont have infinite condi cleanse yourself you know. This is the same reason why necros never ran unholy martyr beyond the first try. Because they instantly die if trying to "cleanse" a bomb.

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    No one runs condi comps right now, 20 stacks of torment with 0 conditions damage is what 600 dps? 1.2k if moving?

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @messiah.1908 said:
    regarding numbers

    usually for 20 man squad
    1 FB in each team (if not guildies its hard to finds)
    1 power backline rev in most groups

    so its 20% FB and power backline rev
    2 SB so 10%
    1 mesmer so 5%
    1 scrapper or healing ventari (me) 5%
    rest is power scourge 40%

    in group of 50 we get 15% FB and power backline rev

    Power scourge has its uses, but when enemy movement is good, they do only very little. I think it's better to run at least some condition damage. Especially if you look at how much torment dmg you do in wvw on scourge.

    So you have to decide for your group wether you go power scourge with almost no sustained damage, but very good spikes
    Or if you go hybrid, with good sustained damage and still very good spikes.

  • messiah.1908messiah.1908 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @messiah.1908 said:
    regarding numbers

    usually for 20 man squad
    1 FB in each team (if not guildies its hard to finds)
    1 power backline rev in most groups

    so its 20% FB and power backline rev
    2 SB so 10%
    1 mesmer so 5%
    1 scrapper or healing ventari (me) 5%
    rest is power scourge 40%

    in group of 50 we get 15% FB and power backline rev

    Power scourge has its uses, but when enemy movement is good, they do only very little. I think it's better to run at least some condition damage. Especially if you look at how much torment dmg you do in wvw on scourge.

    So you have to decide for your group wether you go power scourge with almost no sustained damage, but very good spikes
    Or if you go hybrid, with good sustained damage and still very good spikes.

    when i check condi dmg from torment its usually 400 per second. which is low due to cleanse. so power is best combine with good burst which can shut down few members (spike with hammer rev and scourge = OMG)

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Sounds about right OP, but as some above have said, I'm rarely in a squad of 15 or more that doesn't also have a Medi Scrapper, even if I'm the one playing it.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.