A complete re-do of GW1, yet following the lore of X years after GW2 or events between GW1 and GW2...OR time before actual GW1!
- Following the defeat of Elder Dragons, 100-150 years after current events; or following events between GW1 and GW2, rise of Elder Dragon minions, changes to the world, tying history to the current events in GW2.
- It can also be time before actual GW1.
- It can also be a setting after GW2 that is steampunkish.
- Seeing changes in current Tyria, bit more advanced cities but staying close to the fantasy feel of GW and not going too much into technology.
- 100% GW1 gameplay, with the difference of being able to jump unlike in GW1, and of course being able to swim!
- 100% the same skill system like in GW1. Simply copy/pasted skills and same attribute and build system as in GW1. A lot of new skills added, some skills changed etc, giving players freedom to experiment with builds and make some really amazing and creative builds. GW1 skill system was the best system I've seen in ANY game!
- Up to date graphics that give us breathtaking world and sceneries.
- Flexible and lively animations, even more advanced than GW2.
- Expanded character creation, giving us freedom to make new races and create characters how we want them to look, by this I mean character creation being even more advanced than that of GW2. This includes extra postures for characters too!
- Instanced world and towns with portals, just like in GW1.
- Cooperative missions/story missions like in GW1.
- Henchmen/Heroes with a max number of 8 in party (or maybe 10) just like in GW1.
- Ability to do dungeons with Henchmen and Heroes, like in GW1.
- Large inventory bags with a lot of slots.
- A lot of QoL changes and expanded UI that gives us freedom to customize it how we like. Inventory system like GW2.
- Gem Store serving the same purpose as GW2, buying items that are pure cosmetic or convenience items.
- Combat being less static than in GW1. Using active GW2 combat with GW1 builds and skills would be pure perfection.
- Less AoE and less blinding effects than what we have in GW2.
- Less loud combat and more enjoyable fights when going melee.
- Ability to reduce brightness and expanded graphics options.
- Expanded music system, similar to that of GW1, where music changes depending on area we are in, giving us immersion and fantastic atmosphere where each area has a unique tune and feel to it. (Make it so that music changes when we change area, not still play when we change area until it finishes, breaking the immersion which is the case now)
- All continents being unlocked expansion by expansion. Tyria (core game), Cantha, Elona and probably more!
- Raids following things like Urgoz's Warren, Fissure of Woe, Underworld etc.
- Realm of Torment added and made even creepier than in GW1.
- Less movement helpers than in GW2. Perhaps just mounts.
- Massive areas to explore with a lot of hidden treasures and goodies to find.
- If DCed being able to return to the instanced areas we were in, including stories.
- Story a lot darker than that of GW2, staying true to GW1 tone and atmosphere. Less humor that tends to ruin the atmosphere. (Fine to have humor here and there to lighten the mood of course, but not constantly everywhere...)
- PvP like in GW1, where we can do AB and less 'crowded' PvP fights. Re-do the feel of WvW where it can feel more like a battle rather than stampede going from one spot to another.
Uhh...did I miss anything else?
What do you think of this idea?
Feel free to expand on it, we can imagine a GW game we'd love to play. This would be a dream come true for me ^^