Superior Rune of Rage

Jeknar.6184

I've already posted this before but the thread fell into obscurity and necros are not allowed (just like in PvE)

Superior Runes of Rage were unjustly nerfed in the Rune rework in November 13th to have it's proc to happen only once when you enter in combat. In November 27th, Superior Rune of the Pack which also were nerfed with a "when entering combat" proc was changed to proc every 30s while in combat. However, that's the only rune that received this treatment while all other "When entering combat" runes remain the same.

Runes of Rage was a good option for builds that don't have much access to fury. However, in it's current state, Rune of Rage is basically a useless rune for anyone that cannot generate fury, and those who can don't even need the rune. One may argue you can just use runes of the Pack instead since they also grant fury, but they have different stats (Power and Precision oposed to Ferocity) and don't have the 5% damage modifier while you have fury. They also used to have a higher fury uptime since their proc was only fury with a lower cd oposed to might/fury/swiftness.

Please change Superior Rune of Rage to function during combat instead of only once when entering combat just like you did with Superior Rune of the Pack.

I think for the sake of consistancy that this is a fair request. Even if the bonuses have to be changed.For example.(1): +25 Ferocity(2): +10% Fury Duration(3): +50 Ferocity(4): +20% Fury Duration(5): +100 Ferocity(6): Grant Fury whenever you use a healing skill (Cooldown: 10 Seconds); increase damage by 5% while under the effect of fury.

@Khailyn.6248 said:

@Khailyn.6248 said:(6): Grant Fury whenever you use a healing skill (Cooldown: 10 Seconds); increase damage by 5% while under the effect of fury.

I would honestly prefer the old proc of 15s fury with 30s cd.

That could work too. Just throwing an idea out there.

Sure, I appreciate the effort, but let me tell you somenthing: All runes that have a 10s icd proc for a boon give like 2s of that boon. Plus, Fury is a offensive boon. You would need to keep using your healing skill offensively to get fury every 10s for like 2-3s. That's not only counter-intuitive to get a offensive boon using a defesive skill (There are some exceptions like Lithany of Wrath), but also counter-productive if you are fighting somenthing, need fury, but don't need health.

That said, I would like to see the Superior Rune of Rage (6) to be: Grant 10s of Fury while in combat (Cooldown: 20s); increase damage by 5% while under the effect of fury.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Khailyn.6248 said:(6): Grant Fury whenever you use a healing skill (Cooldown: 10 Seconds); increase damage by 5% while under the effect of fury.

I would honestly prefer the old proc of 15s fury with 30s cd.

That could work too. Just throwing an idea out there.

Sure, I appreciate the effort, but let me tell you somenthing: All runes that have a 10s icd proc for a boon give like 2s of that boon. Plus, Fury is a offensive boon. You would need to keep using your healing skill offensively to get fury every 10s for like 2-3s. That's not only counter-intuitive to get a offensive boon using a defesive skill (There are some exceptions like Lithany of Wrath), but also counter-productive if you are fighting somenthing, need fury, but don't need health.

That said, I would like to see the Superior Rune of Rage (6) to be: Grant 10s of Fury while in combat (Cooldown: 20s); increase damage by 5% while under the effect of fury.

My line of reasoning for adding the effect on heal was because superior rune of the centaur does the same thing. on heal gain swiftness to allies. warriors have the option to trait to give their heal might etc. You call it counter productive, while others just call it a situational choice. I would write out your suggestion fully on what you think the rune should be, since it doesnt seem you want input all that much.

Archived