Bounty Trains are pretty tedious

setdog.1592

in the spirit of feedback, the bounty trains are a bit on the tedious side.
1) they are not very challenging.2) there is nothing that leads up to the conquest.3) its pretty boring.So what are they really for? Is there any purpose beyond giving the players an open world boss to summon.

and im kind of annoyed by the fact that i cant even see the target most of the time because of all the player abilities firing off.

why cant there be a bounty event? at least make it a little more complex and interesting than the training golem.

1) Subjective. My build I use is full glass zerk Elementalist with skills that need timing and whether I should cast a certain spell (Meteor Shower) or not. All it takes to kill me is 1-3 hits. Also not all bounty trains are that big, the smaller ones will be noticeably challenging.

2) I feel ANet was going for quantity>quality for the bounties, and I do agree that there should be an event that spawns/lures these bounties. Maybe not every bounty, just some, otherwise it'll get repetitive.

3) Again this is really subjective. On the contrary, some of the bounties are really interesting and the mechanics are engaging. Some mechanics are easier of course but there are those that require a ton of positioning and planning.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

of course its subjective. but how on earth can you call them challenging.

3) Again this is really subjective. On the contrary, some of the bounties are really interesting and the mechanics are engaging. Some mechanics are easier of course but there are those that require a ton of positioning and planning.

its just not that interesting. mainly because i cant even see the boss unless its something like facet.

i just dont enjoy the bounties because they seem so un-complex, theres no depth to the encounter.

(edit) maybe challening isnt the right word, they just seem to be so grindy, too grindy. join squad, follow squad, loot chest, wp, follow squad, loot chest, wp,follow squad, loot chest, wp, follow squad, loot chest, wp...over and over. its a weird frantic race to tag the npc and repeat.

@setdog.1592 said:of course its subjective. but how on earth can you call them challenging.

You can opt out of bounty trains and create a small group to fight them instead. Did it earlier and it was so much fun. Had to cc and target the healing coalescence instead of ignoring them.Bounty trains are made to farm them efficiently, not for fun and definitely not the only approach to bounties.

I still like the idea of bounties, but I agree that doing a bounty train for more than 15 minutes gets quite dull for me. But then again I don't do CFs in SW or Champ trains in Orr for the same reason, I just don't find those sort of things fun. (especially CF, how people manage to do that for more than 5mins without going brain dead is beyond me).

@setdog.1592 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

of course its subjective. but how on earth can you call them challenging.

its just not that interesting. mainly because i cant even see the boss unless its something like facet.

i just dont enjoy the bounties because they seem so un-complex, theres no depth to the encounter.

(edit) maybe challening isnt the right word, they just seem to be so grindy, too grindy. join squad, follow squad, loot chest, wp, follow squad, loot chest, wp,follow squad, loot chest, wp, follow squad, loot chest, wp...over and over. its a weird frantic race to tag the npc and repeat.

To be honest your description of bounty trains is very similar to Hot meta/pre-events.

What I don't like personally about bounties is the bubble mechanics. Asking truck loads of players to stack in a bubble in order to DPS down a boss feels so much like dungeon runs. We are in open world, the boss should have other mechanics that ask players to spread around the map instead.

@setdog.1592 said:of course its subjective. but how on earth can you call them challenging.

With the right (or wrong) combinations of special abilities several of the legendary bounties can become right royal PITA's to deal with. Especially with larger groups.

Again though, when you complaining about something being trivialized by large numbers of people....There's nothing from a gameplay design that any dev can do to fix this aside from add more numbers at which point the fights don't become any less grindy than you're already complaining about.

@Phy.2913 said:The people that liked champ trains in core will like bounty trains in POF. Everyone else will complain about the trains.

I mean, what's wrong with this? It's not "must do" content for anyone. These trains have kind of a charm in them. I sometimess feel like just turning my mind off and following commander hitting loot pinatas.

If only they gave some decent loot...

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Phy.2913 said:The people that liked champ trains in core will like bounty trains in POF. Everyone else will complain about the trains.

I mean, what's wrong with this? It's not "must do" content for anyone. These trains have kind of a charm in them. I sometimess feel like just turning my mind off and following commander hitting loot pinatas.

I like your attitude :) i'm not a great fan of trains either and often ignore them, but having a train wander past adds life to the map, and sometimes it is nice to join in a mindless brawl.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I never said it was bad, it's just not my favorite content. I'll still do it for a bit, partially for achievements.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I still like the idea of bounties, but I agree that doing a bounty train for more than 15 minutes gets quite dull for me. But then again I don't do CFs in SW or Champ trains in Orr for the same reason, I just don't find those sort of things fun. (especially CF, how people manage to do that for more than 5mins without going brain dead is beyond me).

Oh no believe me bounty trains are worse then champ trains in orr (imo)...I just don't see the rewards being any good (might be wrong i'm terrible on doing this kind of calculations xD)

Archived