Advice on the PoF prep pack?

Was perusing the store a bit and discovered what, appears to me, to be a VERY good deal? The 80 boost, a char slot, a bag slot, and the tools! Am I missing something here? It's like 1/3 of the cost of the individual items. And while were on the topic.....just how good is that 80 boost? Do you get a character that can survive the new areas??? As always....THANKS for the wisdom buff!

The thing with it is that it contains three pretty big components, where a lot of people aren't interested in all three.

• a set of Permatools with no fancy skin and no glyph.
  • a lvl 80 booster
  • 10 BL Keys.

Each of these can very easily fall into a category of "not really interested, so it's not actually contributing to the value of the bundle".But if all of the components of the bundle seems valuable to you, it's an absolute steal at this price!

I agree with Tanner - if you want all these things, it's definitely a deal. They often offer packages of this sort with minor variations. Personally if I get a character slot and lvl 80 boost, I'd want a WP unlock as well, and I don't need unlimited tools as I already have them. So for me it's not worthwhile but for you it may well be. Just read carefully to make sure you understand what you're getting, and what you're NOT getting.

Don't let good deals pass you by either - they're few and far between.

That's what I always do with bundles (and coincidentally music festivals) - add up the prices of all the things in it which I definitely want and compare it to the cost of the bundle. If the bundle is cheaper then it's a good deal, if it's the same price or almost the same price and the other items are ones I might want/could use if I had them then I'll get it. But if not I skip it and buy the parts I want separately.

I wouldn't get this pack, but that's because I always have enough scrolls/tomes to instantly level a character for free, I already have unbreakable tools and I've only ever bought 1 bag slot, so that just leaves the character slot and the black lion keys...and I never buy keys. But I can definitely see why it'd be useful (and a good deal) for some people, especially newer players.

I've done so many dailies by now that I have a big stockpile of tomes - making the level 80 boost completely pointless. The gathering tools aren't worth it to me either, because I'm still farming unbound magic and prefer the tools I can get from Living Story map heart vendors. A character slot would be high priority for me. A bag slot is less of a priority, but still nice.

Archived