Questions to ArenaNet Combat Team Devs

Menzo.2185

*sorry my bad engIish

I have some honest questions to ArenaNet team that make no sense to me.

Why make "Winds of Disenchantment" red and after that nerf it a lot?Why don't you make "Time Warp" or "Ghastly Breach" red too?And... Is not "Gravity Well" much much much more powerful than all the skills above to unjustify the "Winds of Disenchantment" nerf?Can we not avoid "Winds of Disenchantment"? But what about "Gravity Well"?

Now... one request to Arenanet Dev Team

I'm colorblind. Can you PLEASE raise the enemy target or make it more visible, maybe make a white outline on the target?Because fighting against mobs or players on any green background is very difficult to realize what I am targeting.Of course, 1v1's it's ez to see, but 50v50 is not.

I have a second request, but you're probably not going to answer me.Can you please make pet boons visible on the left side of my own boons? Put him on the left side of the health pool, above the F's abilities. It would be very useful.

Thank you Anet!

@"Menzo.2185" said:*sorry my bad engIish

I have some honest questions to ArenaNet team that make no sense to me.

Why make "Winds of Disenchantment" red and after that nerf it a lot?Why don't you make "Time Warp" or "Ghastly Breach" red too?And... Is not "Gravity Well" much much much more powerful than all the skills above to unjustify the "Winds of Disenchantment" nerf?Can we not avoid "Winds of Disenchantment"? But what about "Gravity Well"?

Winds of Disenchantment is more powerful than any of the skills you mentioned, by miles.

Gravity Well is smaller in size, shorter in duration (still, even with the nerf down to 5s for WoD in competitive game modes), affects 5 versus 10 targets, can get countered by stability and does not boon strip which is WoDs main effect (and why it is so powerful). The 2 skills are not even in the same ballpark as far as power for WvW goes (which I assume is your main gripe for the re-balance).

@Menzo.2185 said:But I still do not understand why change it to red, if the interesting thing would be not knowing or staying in doubt. What is the fun of skill if you can easily avoid it?

The red change was so players can distinguish between allied and enemy WoD and better be able to react.

Not being able to tell if a skill needs reacting too is not fun for the players affected.

@"Menzo.2185" said:I don't agree. But understand your opinion.How can I counter something that I can't see coming?"does not boon strip"? Sigil of Absorption (not after the nerf but still viable)

That is not even on the same level as WoD and now you are comparing a skill with Sigil (and condition) to a skill without Sigil.

Archived