Marc Jacobs was inspired by GW2

Mouse.7382

I'm old...my MMO days of pvp-centric gaming started with Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) and no game thru the years has been able to hold a candle to it. I've been waiting for years (since the Kickstarter happened) for a tri-realm pvp centered MMO to be created once again. GW2 has been holding my attention for the last few years, not so much by its great pvp....but by its potential. It is nice to see Mr. Jacobs quoted for saying in Venturebeat:

"We are not doing anything related to it, and we are also unchaining from the past of Dark Age of Camelot,” Jacobs said. “We are not bound to make a spiritual successor. We are doing what we need to make a game that users want. It’s a tri-realm, realm-versus-realm game.”

Jacobs said he was inspired while playing Guild Wars II. He wondered if it was possible to build a game engine that could support large-scale battles, with hundreds of players. The company has been tuning the engine, and it can support around 2,000 simultaneous players in a single battle now."

That would be interesting to see, though the number of players in the same battle has never been my main problem with GW2's WvW.

The problem has been the battle feeling like a simplified imitation of itself, with mobs of players chasing cap circles that really don't provide a satisfying experience.

Archived