Ranked Queue has become a joke, thanks to Duo Queue - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranked Queue has become a joke, thanks to Duo Queue

2>

Comments

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

@AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:
    DuoQ / teamQ works in literally every other game out there (even with individual leaderboard placements) but somehow it doesn't work in gw2?

They are different games after all and synergies work differently. It doesn't work for GW2.

I get that the community is small at this point. But this season has been the best one in a while. A bunch of old players are back and some games were actually fun to play. DuoQ makes the games bearable for people at the top of the leaderboard. Most games in this season had one good duo on each side, and the games came down to who could kill the enemy team randoms faster.

Surely some experiences would have been positive. However, it also brought plenty of negative experiences. Most of the population is not at the top of the leaderboard.

I honestly don't care about the top however many. 250 or 10 or whatever. They are a minority. I only care about game experience for the majority of players and that has been poor due to duo queue.

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

and the games came down to who could kill the enemy team randoms faster

You say that like it's a good thing.

It's awful to have to deal with legend lads coordinating their stuff in discord when you're soloing. It's why seasons like S11 were much more more enjoyable.

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

I agree with @Chaith.8256 that match quality won't drastically swing one way or the other whether duo q is enabled or disabled when you look at the broad scope, and I agree with @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 that duo q works within this game.
    With this in mind, I think there should be a solo-queue only option for players who may not have anybody to play with, or who want to ensure teams are fully random. I don't know if it should be ranked or unranked, but I do think it should be out there as an option.
    I know some folks say "splitting the population!" but I say to heck with that, I don't care if my queues are 1.5 or 4.5 minutes, so long as I'm going into something full-well knowing what I should expect.

Edit: I feel that I should add, I also would support a 5v5 queue. I so wish this was a thing, and not just unranked.

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

Having fun and being able to play with friends is more beneficial to the game overall than solo queue, tons of people quit when they weren’t able to play with there friends anymore

• AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

@Aktium.9506 said:

and the games came down to who could kill the enemy team randoms faster

You say that like it's a good thing.

It's awful to have to deal with legend lads coordinating their stuff in discord when you're soloing. It's why seasons like S11 were much more more enjoyable.

It's all subjective. I like playing against coordinated teams rather than farming randoms. It gives the player a chance to improve. If you enjoy playing alone, that's up to you though. Although, I feel like this season had way more competition than the previous ones.

Edit; it's not a good thing. But that's the matchmaking in this game. The gap between players is enormous.

~ God Tier Guardian

It's all subjective.

That's true. Me playing literally nothing but Necro as a solo queuer since early HoT is definitely a factor.

I like playing against coordinated teams rather than farming randoms. It gives the player a chance to improve.

A lot of the time it's not even about improving as a player. I've lost a fair share of games where everyone on my team was noticeably more mechanically skilled because of rotations breaking down and stupid mistakes caused by lack of communication wrecks everyone and the enemy snowballs like crazy. It's just really lame when stuff like that happens and you look back on it and the only thing you can think of that you could have improved on is communication. And being a kitten armchair commander in chat is something I detest when others do so I'm sure as hell not going to do it myself.

I feel like this season had way more competition than the previous ones.

I dunno man. For most of this season I played like one or two games before I got deflated and I ended up zoning out and playing on autopilot just to chest farm. Maybe next season will be different.

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aktium.9506 said:

It's all subjective.

That's true. Me playing literally nothing but Necro as a solo queuer since early HoT is definitely a factor.

I like playing against coordinated teams rather than farming randoms. It gives the player a chance to improve.

A lot of the time it's not even about improving as a player. I've lost a fair share of games where everyone on my team was noticeably more mechanically skilled because of rotations breaking down and stupid mistakes caused by lack of communication wrecks everyone and the enemy snowballs like crazy. It's just really lame when stuff like that happens and you look back on it and the only thing you can think of that you could have improved on is communication. And being a kitten armchair commander in chat is something I detest when others do so I'm sure as hell not going to do it myself.

I feel like this season had way more competition than the previous ones.

I dunno man. For most of this season I played like one or two games before I got deflated and I ended up zoning out and playing on autopilot just to chest farm. Maybe next season will be different.

Doubtful that next season or any season going forward will be different most players now only use Ranked to farm chests, especially the ones that already got their titles

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:
    Doubtful that next season or any season going forward will be different most players now only use Ranked to farm chests, especially the ones that already got their titles

no h8 on the chest farm m8
    my only real sources of income in this game is pvp seasons and weekly raids

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

Now that top tier players can see how bad duo and solo queue has worked out maybe its time to go back to the stone age of having 5 man team queues again.. you know that era where win trading and such didnt exist?
    The only upside of all this mess is that after being told by the top 250 that wintrading didnt exist in plat 1 and lower are now being plagued by it in the top 250.

My personal hope is now Anet might make a drastic change, be that of removing F2P in ranked or by allowing team queue again.

Dont want pip farmers or people playing for fun on your team? Get a team of your own together.

Dont want to play with people getting emotional over rank? Put a team of farmers together and have fun.

Concerned that team players will have a higher rating? Get a team together then.

Concerned that top players are teaming and smashing you in rank? Well they did that without team queue anyway.

We should advocate for opening the field up to all sorts of players rather than proposing more restrictions.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:
    DuoQ / teamQ works in literally every other game out there (even with individual leaderboard placements) but somehow it doesn't work in gw2?

It works in most games because most games have a competent enough matchmaker to value match quality over getting to play as quickly as possible, as well as stable enough populations to ensure they're always matched against other teams rather than Solos vs Duos, trios, quads, or teams. Gw2's ranked population is so small that to match a couple of legends DuoQ'd against similarly skilled players would see them waiting hours like it was in the early seasons, and with a team-size of 5, unless it's a full TeamQ; then there's always going to be at least one SoloQ player wronged in some way.

It's all subjective. I like playing against coordinated teams rather than farming randoms. It gives the player a chance to improve. If you enjoy playing alone, that's up to you though. Although, I feel like this season had way more competition than the previous ones.

Edit; it's not a good thing. But that's the matchmaking in this game. The gap between players is enormous.
    I get that the community is small at this point. But this season has been the best one in a while. A bunch of old players are back and some games were actually fun to play. DuoQ makes the games bearable for people at the top of the leaderboard. Most games in this season had one good duo on each side, and the games came down to who could kill the enemy team randoms faster.

Speaking of speaking subjectively... Your personal experience with this season might highly differ from someone else's, and this isn't even the first season in which DuoQ has existed. Some things to keep in mind.

I get where you're coming from, but the majority of those coordinated teams are the only ones farming randoms. It might sound crazy, but when the matchmaker doesn't have to fit in two extremely high level players or players with great rank disparity into a game with a teeny tiny handful of players playing it at any one time; the result is better matchmaking, and by extension; match quality. I speak objectively here, as these are words taken almost directly from Arenanet back when they removed DuoQ for 1600+ in the first place.

It's also worth noting that someone might disagree on your philosophy for improving as a player. Improving in a SoloQ environment differs greatly from improving in a DuoQ environment. Neither way makes you any better or worse, you just learn to play in either scenario, that's a fact. In my opinion though, I don't feel like there's much for the average player to learn to learn in a DuoQ environment. You could learn from a loss, you can't learn from a loss that came from being farmed by two top players stacked together decimating your much lower ranked and uncoordinated team. On the other side those responsible for playing in DuoQ might ONLY be learning to play the game with their hand being held, being boosted, or only being able to play with that level of coordination. If the game ever reverts back to purely SoloQ, they are practically alienating themselves from that now, and that's their own fault.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dahkeus.8243 said:
    Where was all this criticism when the community was raging against the devs for restricting high end PvP to solo queue only?

P.s. I'd rather have duo queue available regardless of rank, but I also don't tie my ego to my PvP rank and love playing with a friend.

fixed it for you lol

Wish more thought like you to be honest, maybe if more did we would still havethe ability to play with friends.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• Vicariuz.1605Vicariuz.1605 Member ✭✭✭

@yanniell.1236 said:
    Noone was legendary in NA while there was only solo queue. That's says enough about the unfair advantage duo queuers have on solo players.

This is actually incorrect, mainly because it seems you don't understand what goes on in this game for a high rated player.

Duo queue doesn't give u an unfair advantage over soloq players, EVERY ONE is able to duo queue.

The reason why there were no legend rated players was because at plat3+ the game expects you to legitimately win AT MINIMUM 1v4 and do it faster than the 1 or 2 mid to high rated players on the other team, you will most likely be the highest rated player on a team with people entire divisions below you. These low rated gold players (and those carried to plat 1) are the real issue, not duo queue. These players actively try to lose the game for themselves and their team, whether they know they are doing it or not. They have no CLUE how to get let alone hold an advantage on the map, because they lack the fundamentals to do so, they are low rated for a reason. It is a frantic 10-15 minute period of trying to pick up the spaghetti that the rest of your team is leaving all over the map. Should you lose, you look at -25 rating OR MORE, a win for such a game will get you no more than +5 if you are beyond lucky.

It is a common theme for players who have NEVER been high rated to think that they are some how magically close to the same skill level mechanically or game/map knowledge and that the other persons higher rating is arbitrary.

It's the same mentality that I've seen spewed across this forum that "every one is equal" sorry to inform, no one is equal to another, one person will ALWAYS be better than another at something, and sometimes one person will be better at EVERYTHING than another person. Interestingly enough, this is why I OFTEN see gold3/plat1 players telling plat3/legend players what they should be doing. Of course these words of wisdom come from the safety of respawn timer and only after they have died 1v1 instead of disengaging like a high rated player would do, it's GROSS.

Duoq improves the gaming experience of higher rated players, by allowing them to negate JUST ONE lower rated player and have some one they can communicate with. Subjecting high rated players to the chaos of "the herd" is what drives good players away from the game entirely, you can see this by revisiting the history of gw2 pvp as a whole.

• @Vicariuz.1605 said:
    This is actually incorrect, mainly because it seems you don't understand what goes on in this game for a high rated player.

Duo queue doesn't give u an unfair advantage over soloq players, EVERY ONE is able to duo queue.

The average DuoQ doesn't get any inherent advantage over SoloQ players. The DuoQ you're detailing that includes players that are(according to you) objectively and mechanically better at the game and coordinating does give an advantage over the average Solo or DuoQ'd gold and low plat players you seem to despise. If you scroll up even the people for DuoQ admit this.

The reason why there were no legend rated players was because at plat3+ the game expects you to legitimately win AT MINIMUM 1v4 and do it faster than the 1 or 2 mid to high rated players on the other team, you will most likely be the highest rated player on a team with people entire divisions below you. These low rated gold players (and those carried to plat 1) are the real issue, not duo queue. These players actively try to lose the game for themselves and their team, whether they know they are doing it or not. They have no CLUE how to get let alone hold an advantage on the map, because they lack the fundamentals to do so, they are low rated for a reason. It is a frantic 10-15 minute period of trying to pick up the spaghetti that the rest of your team is leaving all over the map. Should you lose, you look at -25 rating OR MORE, a win for such a game will get you no more than +5 if you are beyond lucky.

I hope you aren't pushing this as fact. It takes a brief look at the leaderboard to see the jump in rank as little more than inflation. It's the same people that have always been there, only rating has increased overall. I mean, I guess you can believe that stems from people not getting carried anymore, but personally i'm convinced that comes from a sharp increase in wintrading and pipfarming that came with DuoQ as well as the rampant abuse of high-rated players steamrolling and farming these same people you're highly critical of.

It is a common theme for players who have NEVER been high rated to think that they are some how magically close to the same skill level mechanically or game/map knowledge and that the other persons higher rating is arbitrary.

It's the same mentality that I've seen spewed across this forum that "every one is equal" sorry to inform, no one is equal to another, one person will ALWAYS be better than another at something, and sometimes one person will be better at EVERYTHING than another person. Interestingly enough, this is why I OFTEN see gold3/plat1 players telling plat3/legend players what they should be doing. Of course these words of wisdom come from the safety of respawn timer and only after they have died 1v1 instead of disengaging like a high rated player would do, it's GROSS.

Duoq improves the gaming experience of higher rated players, by allowing them to negate JUST ONE lower rated player and have some one they can communicate with. Subjecting high rated players to the chaos of "the herd" is what drives good players away from the game entirely, you can see this by revisiting the history of gw2 pvp as a whole.

Honestly, this is all spoken like someone truly guilty of all the abuse detailed in all these posts. You really couldn't sound any more elitist, hedonistic, and rank-obsessed if you tried. Like, I get that not many people play ranked sPvP, but it would just be ignorant to assume that makes the very highest % of players the majority of players in general, especially if you consider lower ranked players a personal issue to yourself because that almost directly contradicts such an argument. They still exist, it's not just fighting 1v4. It's safe to assume if one team has lower ranked players, so does the other(at least in a SoloQ setting.) If every top player was this cynical towards their fellow player then I see their departure from the game as nothing but a good thing for it rather than the travesty you make it out to be. Luckily, even among the exploitative this problem is exclusive.

You may want to reconsider. If you remove the majority of the game's already small population, you won't have anyone left to play with, let alone farm.

• i need to make sure...

is anyone really saying duo's don't have the advantage of being able to effectively target because of synergy as well as just following the target icon? something many randoms & bad duos ignore in a team fight? just the fact that a good duo partner listens alone is a huuuuge boon something you don't get with bad duo's or randoms (most of the time.... some randoms are good)...

so yeh that's part of the reason duo's in general don't need to be mixed in with solo players not cause they are better at all imo most people that have to duo to win are not good individually in my experience (plat t1-t2) but the combined communication goes along way especially if you don't have it on your team. (communication that is)

you can't brute force your way through every game with skill sometimes you have to rely on teamwork/communication especially if you're up against decently coordinated players.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope its the disregard for misbehavior and mass of botz

• Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

@Shadow Dragon.1469 said:
    you can't brute force your way through every game with skill sometimes you have to rely on teamwork/communication especially if you're up against decently coordinated players.

I would argue that teamwork and communication is a part of player skill.

• They should cycle seasons. One season is duo next season is solo, maybe third season is team queue. And then cycle trough them, all the time. Everyone would be happy.

• I like duo queue being around again. I stopped playing pretty much when you couldn't queue with a friend after a certain tier. Bring a friend if you have a problem. It was a good change, in my opinion.

• DAN.7314DAN.7314 Member ✭✭

Do other games with solo and duo ques have free to play accounts that are simple to level up and screw with MMR ratings in PvP? Completely free where you don't even have to buy the game like with GW2?

How hard is it to get a free account (or ten) and then tank it's rating playing solo (or duo up and both tank accounts together). Then duo up with your other leaderboard account with a high ranking, but now actually try with one of the tanked free to play account. There are several core builds for classes that are meta or near meta builds. No need to buy an expansion. Now two 1700+ players duo que (or whatever), but one is on a 1000 rank account they tanked, and then get matched up versus a gold duo team on other team. Makes for some awful games. I've got a few marked accounts that purposely were losing in ranked in past seasons, and this year they pop up in top 100-200. Maybe they got better I suppose, but I had them marked because I knew they were good, yet still purposely were throwing ranked games I got unluckily paired with them.

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry when a few to many of the "top" players (lol) were caught cheating one way or another it's not really a competitive environment. If the ban hammer was inflicted day one for win trading and not the lust from the devs over the basement trolls maybe things would have been better. Sadly since about season 7 its been horrid in ranked.

• @Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Lexani.6152 said:
    Mate, you make no sense. Firstly, queueing with a friend or a random is a lottery, not skill. And you want to play lottery hopping that your opponent will get a newbie player, and yes, there are thousands of them getting gold rank just after placement games. There should be only team queues, I mean 5 people, in the end this is game for the teams.

Okay, even 2 people is better than just solo, and I was queueing solo for the last 3 seasons as a protest, I dropped many games I could win, or played them by watching a movie, because it became rng, not skill. Anyway, pvp is dead for a long time now and you only see same players on top just because nobody play it seriously anymore. kitten, I am just farming shards for pvp mistforged set. So solo q is just a very poor idea.

Mate, YOU make no sense. Ranked can feel like a bit of a diceroll, I get that, but playing in a DuoQ as Arenanet has gone on to admit; makes it difficult to fit you into an evenly matched game. By playing in a Duo, you actually make the game much more RNG for yourself. I get wanting TeamQ back as well. That could be a thing, but one still has to consider the state of this game and how difficult it is for the average player regardless of rank to get 5 people together just to play. It can't be the only competitive option outside ATs.

Why were you Qing Solo as a protest if you're adamant in defending DuoQ? Before Season 13 even when nobody was particularly bothered by it? Why were you watching a movie while playing PvP? Isn't that a bit distracting? So many questions. The only suggestion I could contribute is to stop making it hard on yourself. If you think Solo Q is a bad idea and you hate it, then I think you shouldn't do it. You should use what systems are in place that give you the easiest time in accomplishing your goals.

Get this into your head. This is TEAM play game. Are you saying that having 5 random people is less RNG than playing in pre-made teams like 5 vs 5? With players who are in Discord and organized? Yes, you should be allowed to go solo Q, but you shouldn't expect that this will make you a pro player worth platinum, it won't. This game is made for teamwork, that's why you have squads and groups. Just because you have no friends or players who would like to work with you, it doesn't mean that others has to suffer. Like I said, I hate RNG, but I like those pip rewards, since 5 player teams were canceled, I probably played 30% of my games seriously, just to stay in rank I would like to farm pips. So, I wouldn't suggest you to be RNGed with me in the team :) You think it would be more "fair"?

WvW: WSR only good when they focus commander and in gangs. Gandara, cloud of pugs without organization.

• @Lexani.6152 said:
    Get this into your head. This is TEAM play game. Are you saying that having 5 random people is less RNG than playing in pre-made teams like 5 vs 5? With players who are in Discord and organized? Yes, you should be allowed to go solo Q, but you shouldn't expect that this will make you a pro player worth platinum, it won't. This game is made for teamwork, that's why you have squads and groups. Just because you have no friends or players who would like to work with you, it doesn't mean that others has to suffer. Like I said, I hate RNG, but I like those pip rewards, since 5 player teams were canceled, I probably played 30% of my games seriously, just to stay in rank I would like to farm pips. So, I wouldn't suggest you to be RNGed with me in the team :) You think it would be more "fair"?

Well when it comes to 5v5, i'm actually with you there like I say. TeamQ is something I fully support so long as it really is 5v5 and not a team of 5 vs a bunch of a random soloQ players. The only thing i'm saying I have a problem with, just like the OP said is DuoQ. In a 5v5 gamemode being allowed to queue with one other person doesn't really remove any of the RNG. According to Arenanet, it actually makes it far worse. Not only that, but it really adds another dice roll to ranked play entirely, praying your team has the stacked top 100 gods opposed to the other team. If the options were only SoloQ or TeamQ I think that would be much more fair as no matter which way you choose to play, you're guaranteed to; at the very least, be matched against similarly coordinated teams.

• Vicariuz.1605Vicariuz.1605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

The average DuoQ doesn't get any inherent advantage over SoloQ players. The DuoQ you're detailing that includes players that are(according to you) objectively and mechanically better at the game and coordinating does give an advantage over the average Solo or DuoQ'd gold and low plat players you seem to despise. If you scroll up even the people for DuoQ admit this.

I hope you aren't pushing this as fact. It takes a brief look at the leaderboard to see the jump in rank as little more than inflation. It's the same people that have always been there, only rating has increased overall. I mean, I guess you can believe that stems from people not getting carried anymore, but personally i'm convinced that comes from a sharp increase in wintrading and pipfarming that came with DuoQ as well as the rampant abuse of high-rated players steamrolling and farming these same people you're highly critical of.

Honestly, this is all spoken like someone truly guilty of all the abuse detailed in all these posts. You really couldn't sound any more elitist, hedonistic, and rank-obsessed if you tried. Like, I get that not many people play ranked sPvP, but it would just be ignorant to assume that makes the very highest % of players the majority of players in general, especially if you consider lower ranked players a personal issue to yourself because that almost directly contradicts such an argument. They still exist, it's not just fighting 1v4. It's safe to assume if one team has lower ranked players, so does the other(at least in a SoloQ setting.) If every top player was this cynical towards their fellow player then I see their departure from the game as nothing but a good thing for it rather than the travesty you make it out to be. Luckily, even among the exploitative this problem is exclusive.

You may want to reconsider. If you remove the majority of the game's already small population, you won't have anyone left to play with, let alone farm.

I wont bother to respond to everything you said because you seem to be taking it personally and I just dont have the time or interest to deal with emotions about the subject. Yes win trading is a major issue (not specifically paying gold for DC, there are quite a few forms this takes), no one denies that, it's incredibly blatant and well known who and how it's done. If you don't understand how low rated players facilitate this and the plethora of other problems plaguing the leaderboard season after season that's your problem not mine, you can re-read my earlier post until you do.

I could not care less, truly I could not, about being called "elitist, hedonistic, rank-obsessed" or any other name you could come up with. That's scrub mentality equal to those who rally against "meta build players." Completely illogical and self limiting, I have no time for any of it. I don't care about "feelings" I care about equality and integrity of the match, which can ONLY come from people utilizing the brain inside their head. Low ranked players are not a personal issue for me, they become an issue when they are put into my team while being nearly 300 rating below me. This can also be said for the enemy team. They are a direct drain on the quality of the match and should be playing with and against people of their own caliber, however low that may be. It should not be MY burden to carry these people into ratings that they do not belong in, just to maintain my own rating; fail to see the issue with that design and don't bother responding again tbh.

If you think good players leaving the game is a good thing, you sir, are the problem.

The assumptions you make about me are nothing short of extreme and hilarious, feel free to check my post history where I ask anet directly (several times) if they have ANY road map or bare minimum interest in providing ways for average players to improve (only to receive silence), since they currently encourage them to remain stagnant and in some instances prohibit them from improving. I don't want lower rated players removed, I want them encouraged and enabled to be good players, but the mentality of the developing company of this game is the only mentality they cater to, "every one is equal, every ones opinion is the same, no ones actually better than any one else at anything" etc.

kitten mentality is an issue, you can look at the history of gw2 pvp scene to see the repercussions of it. Hilariously S J W is filtered on these forums, a perfect example of what I am referring to.

• Multicolorhipster.9751Multicolorhipster.9751 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019

@Vicariuz.1605 said:
    I wont bother to respond to everything you said because you seem to be taking it personally and I just dont have the time or interest to deal with emotions about the subject. Yes win trading is a major issue (not specifically paying gold for DC, there are quite a few forms this takes), no one denies that, it's incredibly blatant and well known who and how it's done. If you don't understand how low rated players facilitate this and the plethora of other problems plaguing the leaderboard season after season that's your problem not mine, you can re-read my earlier post until you do.

I'm being as technical as possible. We're talking about DuoQ here, the only reason I went off-topic to describe how you were coming off is because your issue hardly relates to DuoQ. If we're talking about personal problems, your own feelings towards people lower rank than you and your personal experiences with them are nothing short of prime examples. I understand perfectly well how a lower rated player is instrumental in wintrading. That's one of the reasons I don't like DuoQ, because it makes it much easier for those lower ranked players to get into games with the same people who actually benefit from the paid win.

I could not care less, truly I could not, about being called "elitist, hedonistic, rank-obsessed" or any other name you could come up with. That's scrub mentality equal to those who rally against "meta build players." Completely illogical and self limiting, I have no time for any of it. I don't care about "feelings" I care about equality and integrity of the match, which can ONLY come from people utilizing the brain inside their head. Low ranked players are not a personal issue for me, they become an issue when they are put into my team while being nearly 300 rating below me. This can also be said for the enemy team. They are a direct drain on the quality of the match and should be playing with and against people of their own caliber, however low that may be. It should not be MY burden to carry these people into ratings that they do not belong in, just to maintain my own rating; fail to see the issue with that design and don't bother responding again tbh.

Really that's got nothing to do with the people who play off-meta builds. I don't even really see how that's relevant honestly. I called you elitist, hedonistic, and rank-obsessed because you were flaunting how better you are than the average player, saying rank disparity makes people unequal, and even now you're pretending to care about match quality only after the fact. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that someone this obsessed with their own rank cares about match-quality across the entire game, especially after going on about how little you care about other people's opinions and how much of a burden lower ranked players are to you. It doesn't take a whole lot of empathy to consider that the lower ranked players who aren't wintrading, probably want to be in games with players rated as highly as you, as much as you want them to be there. Nor does it take a whole lot of digging to find that DuoQ plays a rather big part in putting you and those lower ranked players together.

"don't bother responding again" btw. Mate, if you didn't come here to listen to the opinions of others, why did you bother? You go on and on about "not having the time" and "not wanting to bother responding to everything" so I have to wonder what the point is. You already have DuoQ, you have what what you want, so what's the point if you don't care for discussion?

If you think good players leaving the game is a good thing, you sir, are the problem.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said people with the same mentality as you should leave if that's what the "good" playerbase consists of.

The assumptions you make about me are nothing short of extreme and hilarious, feel free to check my post history where I ask anet directly (several times) if they have ANY road map or bare minimum interest in providing ways for average players to improve (only to receive silence), since they currently encourage them to remain stagnant and in some instances prohibit them from improving. I don't want lower rated players removed, I want them encouraged and enabled to be good players, but the mentality of the developing company of this game is the only mentality they cater to, "every one is equal, every ones opinion is the same, no ones actually better than any one else at anything" etc.

kitten mentality is an issue, you can look at the history of gw2 pvp scene to see the repercussions of it. Hilariously S J W is filtered on these forums, a perfect example of what I am referring to.

The silence is normal. I'm sure you understand that. If you truly want players of every rating to be encouraged, then you'd realize Anet is right in some respects. The decision to be mostly silent with us is as you say; a pretty questionable one, but like... treating everyone equally, that should be a given. That just means not balancing the game or introducing systems that directly cater to any one level of play(Like DuoQ does.) I don't know what Social Justice Warriors have to do with any of it really, but that is pretty funny that its censored here.

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.