Stat swapping specialization ascended weapons

@Jeknar.6184 said:If you are talking about Warpblade, yes you can change the stats in the mystic forge just like any other ascended item. It will lose the skin tho, so if you want the looks you'll have to spend a transmutation charge.

But it will also unlock a new skin, depending on what stats you choose - in the base of Berserker, Zojja's stats, it unlocks the Crimson Antique skin.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally completed Caladbolg thinking I could get a Diviner's weapon that way, however, it is not an option. I was going to post asking if I stat reset it, would that ruin the change-a-weapon-feature, but I see in a post above this that you can't restat it at all. BLEAH. Is there no way to get Diviner's on this weapon?

@Etria.3642 said:So I finally completed Caladbolg thinking I could get a Diviner's weapon that way, however, it is not an option. I was going to post asking if I stat reset it, would that ruin the change-a-weapon-feature, but I see in a post above this that you can't restat it at all. BLEAH. Is there no way to get Diviner's on this weapon?

Nope, no way

@LucianDK.8615 said:Do be mindful you will either need to be able to craft the exotic insignia needed to swap or buy it on tp. Those from pof or hot needs to be crafted.

Also when buying the recipes be aware that you only need to get the exotic insignia recipe and NOT the ascended if you intend to swap. I've wasted a lot of currency buying the recipes for ascended, only to never use them because I just used the forge and an exotic insignia to get all my gear.

@Etria.3642 said:So I finally completed Caladbolg thinking I could get a Diviner's weapon that way, however, it is not an option. I was going to post asking if I stat reset it, would that ruin the change-a-weapon-feature, but I see in a post above this that you can't restat it at all. BLEAH. Is there no way to get Diviner's on this weapon?

You can restat Caladbolg with 1000 UBM, by talking to the NPC that helped you get it. But it would be subject to the same restrictions as the first time, so it doesn't help in getting Diviners. Well, unless they add it to the list of selectable stats at some future point.

Why not just get a Dragonsblood weapon? Doing the collection is a little onerous, but acquiring a single weapon isn't bad at all.

@Etria.3642 said:So I finally completed Caladbolg thinking I could get a Diviner's weapon that way, however, it is not an option. I was going to post asking if I stat reset it, would that ruin the change-a-weapon-feature, but I see in a post above this that you can't restat it at all.

You can reforge Saladbowl. There's an NPC you can talk to in your home instance. Costs 1000 Unbound magic and something else I think.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@Etria.3642 said:So I finally completed Caladbolg thinking I could get a Diviner's weapon that way, however, it is not an option. I was going to post asking if I stat reset it, would that ruin the change-a-weapon-feature, but I see in a post above this that you can't restat it at all.

You can reforge Saladbowl. There's an NPC you can talk to in your home instance. Costs 1000 Unbound magic and something else I think.

Not into the diviner stat tho so reforging it would be pointless.

Archived