Help with solo leveling choices

gaymer.1648

So in addition to leveling up a reverant in my spare time, I've decided to also level an engineer when I'm not on my rev. The only thing is I know nothing about the class other than it uses turrets and can is supposed to be a decent healer at 80 (aside from druid healing of course which I'm told is still the meta for healers). I was thinking at 80 going one of two builds. Either condi dps firearms/explosives/tools using dual pistols or going condi dps firearms/explosives/holosmith build using dual pistols again. Problem is getting to 80 and what kind of builds, stats, and weapons to use. I plan on doing this solo out in the world with questing & personal story getting me to 80. I don't plan on doing dungeons or grouping up with people unless I need to because quite honestly I haven't done that with any other character I've had since nobody likes to group up for anything lower than 80. What would you guys suggest as far as builds, stats, sigils, runes, and weapons to use? I'd prefer dual pistols since that's what I plan on using at 80 but open to other suggestions too.

You can uses any weapon set you want for leveling. Just keep updating weapon and armor through drops. There's no point worrying about efficiency at this stage, anything can handle openworld and personal story. And you level so fast that you'd have to keep changing armor anyway

@Taygus.4571 said:You can uses any weapon set you want for leveling. Just keep updating weapon and armor through drops. There's no point worrying about efficiency at this stage, anything can handle openworld and personal story. And you level so fast that you'd have to keep changing armor anyway

The reason I was asking about the gear & weapons is because I've been powerleveling my professions and keeping gear for each level stage in the bank as I make stuff. It wouldn't be that much of a hassle to just grab stuff out of the bank as I hit like 15, 20, 25, etc

+1 on Taygus.

If you go for power (rifle), you may want grenades, this is enough for anything. Feel free to fill the other skill Slots with whatever you like :) Trait with Explosives and Firearms.

If you go for condi (double pistol) put Bomb Kit in and maybe Flamethrower and/or rocket boots whatever you prefer. Trait with Explosives and Firearms.

best way run condi engi better then power for lvl in my point of view pistol/pistol pistol/shield for more sustain and flame thrower as kit.gear up for condi armor and weapons from Tp they cheap later u will get some when u lvl as lvl up reward

first trait line should be firearms when u reach lvl 21 traits 1 2 2 or 1 2 1

second trait when lvl 45 u can take tools or explosives for more damage or alchemy and invention for more sustain

You can pretty much use anything when leveling in open world. However, rifle is the professions strongest weapon and when you hit 80 you are likely going to discover that pistols really aren't that good. They are somewhat underpowered for level 80 weapon choices.

Archived