Looking to play a support build(Buffs/Debuffs) Which class? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Looking to play a support build(Buffs/Debuffs) Which class?

HaganeMiku.7418HaganeMiku.7418 Member ✭✭
edited January 7, 2019 in Players Helping Players

So I know there is no holy trinity in the game and it depends on your build. I also know druid is often what people say to use for a healer. I am not looking for a healer, however. Sure, one skill to heal the party may be nice....but I am more focused on a DPS/Support build/class. A class build that has a lot of buffs for allies and debuffs for the enemies.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have all expansions by the way.

So far, I have a
-Ele: Lvl 11
-Mesmer: Lvl 8
-Ranger: lvl 42(I am going druid on this)
-Rev: Lvl 14
-Eng: Lvl 7
-Necro: Lvl 8
-Thief: Lvl 18

Answers

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭

Pretty much every profession has a support option of some kind!

Guardians are a solid choice for a DPS and support profession. Think a paladin with more magic.

• @Gulbasaur.1865 said:

Guardians are a solid choice for a DPS and support profession. Think a paladin with more magic.

Yeah, but some classes have more support. Like I prefer classes that have buffs for allies in their main abilities, while using a weapon that is good for damage.

Also the only heavy armor class I like is Rev lol.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019

@HaganeMiku.7418 said:

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

Yeah, but some classes have more support. Like I prefer classes that have buffs for allies in their main abilities, while using a weapon that is good for damage.

Also the only heavy armor class I like is Rev lol.

Then go rev, renegate elite spec is a good, condi damage dealer if you chose to go support it has healing, might and alacrity to give plus passive increase to ferocity.
    Herald the other elite spec is a good support as well.

With upcomming Diviner starts I'm almost sure Power Renegeate DPS to provide might and alacrity would be a good chose to play.

Mr. Z, open this gate. Mr. Z... Mr. Z, tear down this wall!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.