New Legendary Bow "Pharus" Showcase

zealex.9410

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:Sweet mother of God that was hard to watch. Five minutes spent mostly staring at his character. These guys ought to look at how some of the League of Legends skin spotlights work: No wasted time staring at fashion sense so atrocious it could only have come from the late 80s.

He was maybe trying to get diff angles both seathed and drawn? Also showcasing projectiles is abit wierd with the camera placement.

Finally! a legendary bow not made for lawn clippings, always had my Kudzu reskinned to avoid all the flowers. too bad neither bow in my case is tradeable, I cant bring myself to craft another legendary, and even worse to have an unused Kudzu I may as well delete if I did.

Thanks for linking the vid, @zealex.9410. I might not have watched it otherwise.

For those thinking of watching: there's about 30-40 seconds of showing off the bow and 4-5 minutes of commenting on what we see. Unfortunately, much of the commentary is a rephrasing of earlier thoughts in the same vid.

Or in brief:

• Pro: it's the best showcase I've seen to date, primarily because it's the only one I've seen so far.
  • Con: it's long, very long.

@TexZero.7910 said:If the theme is light and crystals then the audio severely missed the mark.

I would have personally gone with the audio used when we previously entered Glint's lair for it as it fits much better than the Sci-Fi blaster.

I dont think the theme of the bow is crystals. The bow looks like purely metalic which gets light elements after you draw it.f

Thanks for posting the video. It did a good job showing the aspects of the bow, although it was a bit long. The video could have easily accomplished the same review in half the time. My opinion of Pharus after watching that video is that I like the looks of the bow (and string!) and think the draw animation and aura were pretty nice. The footfalls seemed to disappear too quickly though.

Regarding video: awful "showcase". The bow itself takes about 1/10 of the whole screen? Obviously almost everyone knows how Lion's Arch looks like, what's the point of zooming it in and out for 5 minutes? I would prefer to see details of a new bow, it's animation and effect in close view without UI. But that's my personal opinion.

Regarding bow itself. I love how it looks like. Elegant and shiny. But it's not a legendary one. It doesn't feel like "I spent months and a lot of time and gold for this". Suits for a new skin and maybe as a reward from BLC, but not for legendary. Chuka and Champawat is a perfect example of legendary bow, but it's a short bow unfortunately. Additionaly such a light-looking and elegant longbow (!) will look stupid on my warrior charr. Kinda disappointed with this bow I was waiting for a long time... Still happy with my The Shining Blade, it's animation, effects and look overall. Perfect design worth every gold coin and time I spent on it.

@"Rihar.3465" said:Regarding video: awful "showcase". The bow itself takes about 1/10 of the whole screen? Obviously almost everyone knows how Lion's Arch looks like, what's the point of zooming it in and out for 5 minutes? I would prefer to see details of a new bow, it's animation and effect in close view without UI. But that's my personal opinion.

Regarding bow itself. I love how it looks like. Elegant and shiny. But it's not a legendary one. It doesn't feel like "I spent months and a lot of time and gold for this". Suits for a new skin and maybe as a reward from BLC, but not for legendary. Chuka and Champawat is a perfect example of legendary bow, but it's a short bow unfortunately. Additionaly such a light-looking and elegant longbow (!) will look stupid on my warrior charr. Kinda disappointed with this bow I was waiting for a long time... Still happy with my The Shining Blade, it's animation, effects and look overall. Perfect design worth every gold coin and time I spent on it.

Prob wanted to zome out to showcase the animations/their scale?

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Brahm, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Brahm, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you dont feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with thier rp anyways.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you dont feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with thier rp anyways.

It's been more than 10 minutes. Where's the bow? Pics or it didn't happen!!!

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

It's been more than 10 minutes. Where's the bow? Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Made it a little after 1 before i had to do adulting things, like pick up my kids.

Archived