MMO Huts leak? [Resolved -- not a leak]

Menzo.2185

• ArenaNet Staff

This report is perfectly fine with us. They kindly asked for our permission to post this, and we agreed.

Thanks for asking, though -- we appreciate that you did that.

Potential viewers should make their own decisions about whether to watch through the videos or read the reports of the Episode 5 introductions we gave to press. Some prefer to go into things without any information, and others like to read/see the insights of our press partners. You choose what's best for you!

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Others got the chance to play the preview too, for example:https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/previews/guild-wars-2-all-or-nothing-hands-on-preview-1000013328

Er..I read that and, well

! being able to upgrade the Dragonsblood weapons all the way to ascended? You have my attention, even if I already have half a dozen unopened ascended weapon chests in the bank>!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:This report is perfectly fine with us. They kindly asked for our permission to post this, and we agreed.

Potential viewers should make their own decisions about whether to watch through the videos or read the reports of the Episode 5 introductions we gave to press. Some prefer to go into things without any information, and others like to read/see the insights of our press partners. You choose what's best for you!

You, as the Company should have informed everybody about it. It created a blizzard all over the net about the permission. And giving such video in such sneaky way just makes me very sad.I personally hate when something is spoiled, even a single detail, for example in Kari Wahlgren's Behind the Voice vid in the beginning there are shown the lines, not like blur, but if you stop at right moments the video you could see the details about A Star to Guide Us story, and whole final part was spoiled for me, because I was the one that decoded them thinking that those are not legit, but they were so the final cutscene was spoiled for me because somebody decided to film the pages with dialogues.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:This report is perfectly fine with us. They kindly asked for our permission to post this, and we agreed.

You, as the Company should have informed everybody about it. It created a blizzard all over the net about the permission. And giving such video in such sneaky way just makes me very sad.I personally hate when something is spoiled, even a single detail, for example in Kari Wahlgren's Behind the Voice vid in the beginning there are shown the lines, not like blur, but if you stop at right moments the video you could see the details about A Star to Guide Us story, and whole final part was spoiled for me, because I was the one that decoded them thinking that those are not legit, but they were so the final cutscene was spoiled for me because somebody decided to film the pages with dialogues.

Was it a good ending at least?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Arden.7480 said:

You, as the Company should have informed everybody about it. It created a blizzard all over the net about the permission. And giving such video in such sneaky way just makes me very sad.

Could you explain how you would you recommend we do that? Each episode has press coverage -- how would you suggest we forecast that?

@"Arden.7480" said:I personally hate when something is spoiled, even a single detail, for example in Kari Wahlgren's Behind the Voice vid in the beginning there are shown the lines, not like blur, but if you stop at right moments the video you could see the details about A Star to Guide Us story, and whole final part was spoiled for me, because I was the one that decoded them thinking that those are not legit, but they were so the final cutscene was spoiled for me because somebody decided to film the pages with dialogues.

Videos like that had a spoiler warning. The one with Debi Derryberry mentioned there would be spoilers about A Star To Guide Us. If I hadn't already done the story, I wouldn't have watched it. That is on you if they post about spoilers and you watch anyway. And really, if you know there's a video with a SNEAK PEEK, and you watch it knowing there could be spoilers, then who is that on? Not ANet. That company got permission to post it, said there was minor spoilers in the video BEFORE anything was shown and it even says in the title of the video it's a sneak peek at the content in question. 2 MAJOR red flags saying "stay away if you don't want anything ruined".

Don't blame ArenaNet because you couldn't read the signs.

I didn't even touch it. I'm not stupid, but such a thing never appeared before, so I just care deeply for all those people that care and got spoiled (some of my guildmates) and thankfully they warned me in time, so now I avoid every spoiler.

And Kari Wahlgren's vid was not marked as containing spoilers, and it had just a bunch of it, especially Caithe's lines she said in the last episode.

@Gaile Gray.6029 I don't know why or in what circumstances You gave them rights to release their sneek peak, but I guess they got the rights to test the episode, right?

I only wonder why such an idea before this episode, and not for example before Long Live the Lich or A Star to Guide Us. I am not here to question your metods, but in my opinion it's just wrong to give such a permission one day before the episode is released, should have been released after, or at the same time when the patch is released - but I guess that was not your intention, but introducing the players to feel this incoming episode much more.

I don't know what the video contains, so I cannot talk about it, but if this spoils something even a smallest line of Ogden or the PC, then I just want to avoid it with all of my strength. So sad the whole map chat will be talking about those with no brakes, so I will have to turn off it all, and not enjoying speculating about the episode, because some already knows some details, while I do not yet.

You could have given an information first, then let them release the video, saying that it contains spoilers, not when somebody bothers to write a topic on the Forums, and then hoping he gets an answer from the Devs, but I'm grateful for Your fast response, though!

What's done is done, I hope I will get a great, not spoiled experience playing this episode tomorrow. :)

And sorry if I misinterpreted Your intentions, You wanted good, I know that, and I also wanted good to warn people from doing something they could regret, but everyone has it's own mind, and knows what is right and wrong.

Aside of that, will there be the Dev Celebration tomorrow?

@zealex.9410 said:

the last cinematic with Taimi - fully spoiled.

@Arden.7480 said:

the last cinematic with Taimi - fully spoiled.

The stuff they spoiled in the VO videos, or is this new stuff?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

You, as the Company should have informed everybody about it. It created a blizzard all over the net about the permission. And giving such video in such sneaky way just makes me very sad.

Could you explain how you would you recommend we do that? Each episode has press coverage -- how would you suggest we forecast that?

I don't think I'd agree with that person's assessment, but requesting press to preface this type of coverage with an explicit spoiler warning would probably be a good idea. Maybe part of some conditional agreement in the release.

Either way, I don't think it's that bad of an idea and I'm glad to see ANet working with gaming news sites on previews like this. It does a good job of building up some hype for releases.

@Arden.7480 said:I didn't even touch it. I'm not stupid, but such a thing never appeared before, so I just care deeply for all those people that care and got spoiled (some of my guildmates) and thankfully they warned me in time, so now I avoid every spoiler.

And Kari Wahlgren's vid was not marked as containing spoilers, and it had just a bunch of it, especially Caithe's lines she said in the last episode.

@Gaile Gray.6029 I don't know why or in what circumstances You gave them rights to release their sneek peak, but I guess they got the rights to test the episode, right?

I only wonder why such an idea before this episode, and not for example before Long Live the Lich or A Star to Guide Us. I am not here to question your metods, but in my opinion it's just wrong to give such a permission one day before the episode is released, should have been released after, or at the same time when the patch is released - but I guess that was not your intention, but introducing the players to feel this incoming episode much more.

I don't know what the video contains, so I cannot talk about it, but if this spoils something even a smallest line of Ogden or the PC, then I just want to avoid it with all of my strength. So sad the whole map chat will be talking about those with no brakes, so I will have to turn off it all, and not enjoying speculating about the episode, because some already knows some details, while I do not yet.

You could have given an information first, then let them release the video, saying that it contains spoilers, not when somebody bothers to write a topic on the Forums, and then hoping he gets an answer from the Devs, but I'm grateful for Your fast response, though!

What's done is done, I hope I will get a great, not spoiled experience playing this episode tomorrow. :)

And sorry if I misinterpreted Your intentions, You wanted good, I know that, and I also wanted good to warn people from doing something they could regret, but everyone has it's own mind, and knows what is right and wrong.

It is not feasible or expected that Anet should announce to the community who they have released early previews too and when that info is live. I highly doubt map chat will be abuzz with chatter anyway, but since keeping map chat off should be default for anyone avoiding spoilers, it isnt a concern.

Anet have regularly released previews and sneak peaks for episodes and expacs. This is is standard proceedure for many gaming companies to get an early buzz.

Again, if your guildmates saw the links, then it is really on them for not resisting temptation.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Arden.7480 said:I didn't even touch it. I'm not stupid, but such a thing never appeared before, so I just care deeply for all those people that care and got spoiled (some of my guildmates) and thankfully they warned me in time, so now I avoid every spoiler.

It is not feasible or expected that Anet should announce to the community who they have released early previews too and when that info is live. I highly doubt map chat will be abuzz with chatter anyway, but since keeping map chat off should be default for anyone avoiding spoilers, it isnt a concern.

Anet have regularly released previews and sneak peaks for episodes and expacs. This is is standard proceedure for many gaming companies to get an early buzz.

Again, if your guildmates saw the links, then it is really on them for not resisting temptation.

I see.

@Arden.7480 said:

you realize how that sounds right? You spoiled it for yourself lol. Just stop watching the videos, or completely decoding them, and you won't have any issues. That's not the companies fault, that's your own.

Archived