Herald WvW Power Build?

Alva.8496

Hi all,

Is this build good enough for backline damage role in WvW?All I looking for is max damage, and I'm not sure if the current build on Metabattle still up to date.Any input on this is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS5sn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklNFiNMp5N2/LhPsNAHYBA-jVSBQBl7IAgHdDUS9nrs/okAAXAgIcQAewDAYkKBJjytAAIA38mZz2M4m38m38m3s28m38m7cn38m3MpAeYMA-w

Shared Empowerment over Hardening Presence. Might stacks for you and your squad.I'd prefer Sword/Sword for Unrelenting Assault, but that's preference.

I run Glint/Jalis, and when under heavy pressure for siege or another squad, I can swap to dwarf for DR to the group as well as stab. If running Jalis you should then swap x/Sword to Staff for mobility.

If you are in a zerg with organized subs, you get more group dps out of Assassin's Presence. But if yer just rolling with a zerg, or your commander just has a blob of 30 people all in one subgroup, fire away with the selfish improved might.

Not sure why you're using mace in a power build... Should just either stick with sw/sw, to quick swap and PT onto squishes to surprise blow them up, or just go staff for more escape power. Also, you don't need assassin's gear as a herald, just go full zerker. I know you're trying to hit 100%, but you're going to have group buffs a lot of the time in a zerg like spotter or banners, so it comes out to wasted stat weight a lot of the time. Extra power is never wasted.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklNFqNAHYBshJNvxegF8hA-jFSBAB4pLwMlg59AAI/IAQp6PAcBAua/R53CHCg3BHAbtVatVgt2art2arGQrt2art2art2arSBonkN-w

If all I did was zerg this is what I would run.

Oh and yeah, don't run assassin / mara in your build. Its cheaper to run 100power/70precision food to get you to ~95% crit chance which is good. Remember you get 30 precision from minor bloodlust and another 100 precision when near any guild claim.

This is what I use for zerging

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0sS4I6VJ4EdsklNFqNAHYBsfJNvxOgFshA-j1SBQBa4IAAgLAQjUCSuDBQGVGwv9HwjuAKp+zVUasgHAwFViFAIB4mtZsZbGwNbz2sNbz2MXnOjOjRdUHNSBUukN-w

I use the same gear (except sword/sword instead of hammer) for roaming with a few traits swapped around.

With Fury it has 100.0% Precision and base 40.20% Boon Duration, nice even numbers. It hits like it's full Berserker but has enough armor and health to be durable for roaming as well. As long as you have Fury, which is easy to maintain, you will never not crit.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:This is what I use for zerging

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0sS4I6VJ4EdsklNFqNAHYBsfJNvxOgFshA-j1SBQBa4IAAgLAQjUCSuDBQGVGwv9HwjuAKp+zVUasgHAwFViFAIB4mtZsZbGwNbz2sNbz2MXnOjOjRdUHNSBUukN-w

I use the same gear (except sword/sword instead of hammer) for roaming with a few traits swapped around.

With Fury it has 100.0% Precision and base 40.20% Boon Duration, nice even numbers. It hits like it's full Berserker but has enough armor and health to be durable for roaming as well. As long as you have Fury, which is easy to maintain, you will never not crit.

I like it except for the armor. At 2433 armor i feel like any power build will rip you to shreds if they land a hit.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Alva.8496 said:Thank you for the inputs!!!

Does Rising Momentum stack with Swiftness? From what I read so far, only the greatest speed increase value takes effect. Unless I have 7 points upkeep, swiftness always overwrite this skill right?

They stack giving a pseudo supderspeed with 5 or more pips.

This is something that I've been wondering for a while now. The wiki says it stacks, but things are rarely as simple as that.

So if you are upkeeping facet of elements + light + darkness (4pips) your movement speed is 53%? (33% swiftness + 20% RM)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Alva.8496" said:Thank you for the inputs!!!

Does Rising Momentum stack with Swiftness? From what I read so far, only the greatest speed increase value takes effect. Unless I have 7 points upkeep, swiftness always overwrite this skill right?

This is something that I've been wondering for a while now. The wiki says it stacks, but things are rarely as simple as that.

So if you are upkeeping facet of elements + light + darkness (4pips) your movement speed is 53%? (33% swiftness + 20% RM)

It stacks, but not as simple as that... And it's still affected by "being in combat" penalty, meaning you need more even more pips to reach the cap if you're in combat. Somebody put a real math heavy thread about this on the forums/reddit a while back, but I can't find it. :bleep_bloop:

In the end, it's not really that great tbh, since it doesn't push you past the superspeed cap. I guess it's pretty useful if you're not playing Shiro, but if you're not playing Shiro, you're gonna have bigger problems than a minor trait choice. But then again, none of those traits are really that great. It's pretty much a dud tier. Personally I take Elder's Respite, but also I 99.9% solo roam, dual, and small skirmish--I almost never run with the big zerg. I find the extra regen uptime when I'm in Shiro or used my Facet active somewhat useful (and the extra 26hp/second can sort of add up during a longish dual and sometimes make the difference.) But like I said, basically all three of these traits are as meh as it gets. If yer Zerging, Core Value's probably your best option, where that extra boon removal or extra stack of stability or whatever goes a lot further.

@narcx.3570 said:

It stacks, but not as simple as that... And it's still affected by "being in combat" penalty, meaning you need more even more pips to reach the cap if you're in combat. Somebody put a real math heavy thread about this on the forums/reddit a while back, but I can't find it. :bleep_bloop:

In the end, it's not really that great tbh, since it doesn't push you past the superspeed cap. I guess it's pretty useful if you're not playing Shiro, but if you're not playing Shiro, you're gonna have bigger problems than a minor trait choice. But then again, none of those traits are really that great. It's pretty much a dud tier. Personally I take Elder's Respite, but also I 99.9% solo roam, dual, and small skirmish--I almost never run with the big zerg. I find the extra regen uptime when I'm in Shiro or used my Facet active somewhat useful (and the extra 26hp/second can sort of add up during a longish dual and sometimes make the difference.) But like I said, basically all three of these traits are as meh as it gets. If yer Zerging, Core Value's probably your best option, where that extra boon removal or extra stack of stability or whatever goes a lot further.

I mainly zerg, but let me put it more simply: while already getting swiftness from facet of elements, will this trait increase my speed above 33% at 4pips or not? By how much isn't an issue, since as you say, none of those traits has any real impact. I just want to be sure I'm actually getting something from it while running facet of elements.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I mainly zerg, but let me put it more simply: while already getting swiftness from facet of elements, will this trait increase my speed above 33% at 4pips or not? By how much isn't an issue, since as you say, none of those traits has any real impact. I just want to be sure I'm actually getting something from it while running facet of elements.

Yes in combat you will be running faster than others.

@narcx.3570 said:Personally I take Elder's Respite, but also I 99.9% solo roam, dual, and small skirmish--I almost never run with the big zerg. I find the extra regen uptime when I'm in Shiro or used my Facet active somewhat useful (and the extra 26hp/second can sort of add up during a longish dual and sometimes make the difference.)

I like using Elder's Respite as well when I'm stacking Siphons. 66% chance to Steal Life on Critical food, Focused Siphoning and Assassin's Annihilation in Devastation, Blood and Leeching sigils and Enchanted Daggers. All of that with extra Regen power can at times make your health spike in pretty decent chunks.

But, overall I prefer Core Value for the Shiro skill. 600 radius is massive and since the change that turned it in to a damaging attack, I think it's the better choice. Though, I definitely agree that all the traits in that tier are medicore. Unfortunately, it feels like all Heralds traits are pretty meh besides the grand masters.

@Justine.6351 said:

Except people with Superspeed, Air Blessings, or Guild Objective Auras.

@narcx.3570 said:

Except people with Superspeed, Air Blessings, or Guild Objective Auras.

I don't think the air blessing and guild aura stack with other sources of movement speed buffs. It would be pretty broken to have zergs running around with those in addition to swiftness. Not that I bothered to test it though.

They don't stack... But Superspeed caps your movement speed, so RM can't make you go faster than somebody using it. And Air Blessing is +40% which is the ooc cap, and the difference between somebody with that and somebody using Rising in combat is basically a non-factor. Especially considering 99% of combat chases/retreats all involve hard movement skills. Which is why I say that it's basically a useless trait if you're using Shiro.

But ya, yer right that GOA doesn't do anything if somebody already has swiftness.

@narcx.3570 said:They don't stack... But Superspeed caps your movement speed, so RM can't make you go faster than somebody using it. And Air Blessing is +40% which is the ooc cap, and the difference between somebody with that and somebody using Rising in combat is basically a non-factor. Especially considering 99% of combat chases/retreats all involve hard movement skills. Which is why I say that it's basically a useless trait if you're using Shiro.

But ya, yer right that GOA doesn't do anything if somebody already has swiftness.

Lolwhat? That's like saying cripple doesn't need to be removed or melee characters don't need 33%/25% speed boosts because they have movement skills. Try playing a warrior without 33/25 and tell me it doesn't make a difference.

@Justine.6351 said:

@narcx.3570 said:They don't stack... But Superspeed caps your movement speed, so RM can't make you go faster than somebody using it. And Air Blessing is +40% which is the ooc cap, and the difference between somebody with that and somebody using Rising in combat is basically a non-factor. Especially considering 99% of combat chases/retreats all involve hard movement skills. Which is why I say that it's basically a useless trait if you're using Shiro.

Lolwhat? That's like saying cripple doesn't need to be removed or melee characters don't need 33%/25% speed boosts because they have movement skills. Try playing a warrior without 33/25 and tell me it doesn't make a difference.

If a Warrior is getting kited around because of Rising Momentum, then they are truly the worst warrior player in the game.

@narcx.3570 said:If a Warrior is getting kited around because of Rising Momentum, then they are truly the worst warrior player in the game.

I have to agree with @narcx.3570 I run rising momentum in WvW but thats just so i can get to long away points "faster". it makes a difference over a "LONG" period of time. In combat its barely if at all noticeable.

For eg when im running with a zerg it allows me to catch up "slowly" from the back of the zerg (that has perma swiftness) to the front. But it takes a while.

You cannot kite a warrior just because you have rising momentum slotted unless they're really really bad.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@narcx.3570 said:If a Warrior is getting kited around because of Rising Momentum, then they are truly the worst warrior player in the game.

I have to agree with @narcx.3570 I run rising momentum in WvW but thats just so i can get to long away points "faster". it makes a difference over a "LONG" period of time. In combat its barely if at all noticeable.

For eg when im running with a zerg it allows me to catch up "slowly" from the back of the zerg (that has perma swiftness) to the front. But it takes a while.

You cannot kite a warrior just because you have rising momentum slotted unless they're really really bad.

Ooc speed is capped at +36%. Swiftness is 33%. You are not going to nice a difference ooc.And I did not say you could kite warrior exclusively with rising momentum. I suggested that difference in movement speed is important and playing a warrior you would definitely feel the difference. Never did I say that all I needed to kite warriors was rising momentum. That is just narcx fail debating which is why I didn't respond to him.

So I didn‘t want to open a new thread since this one is kinda about the same thing. I really enjoy Power Rev in sPvP and like the stats I get with the meta build (marauder/leadership) thus I‘d like to get the the same stats in WvW aswell. Since WvW is very different than sPvP (talking about damage etc.) is that even viable or what should I go for in your opinion? And I never built a set for WvW so can I just choose marauder stats and I‘ll have the same stats as with the marauder amulet in sPvP?

@Justine.6351 said:

Ooc speed is capped at +36%. Swiftness is 33%. You are not going to nice a difference ooc.And I did not say you could kite warrior exclusively with rising momentum. I suggested that difference in movement speed is important and playing a warrior you would definitely feel the difference. Never did I say that all I needed to kite warriors was rising momentum. That is just narcx fail debating which is why I didn't respond to him.

ohhh ooops i failed there. I didn't know OOC speed was capped at 36%. Is that also the case for Rune of Speed?

@Spartacus.3192 said:

ohhh ooops i failed there. I didn't know OOC speed was capped at 36%. Is that also the case for Rune of Speed?

Movement speed is based on units/second. Both in combat and out of combat are both hard capped @ 400 units/second. 136% movement speed caps out of combat and 190% movement speed caps in combat. So yes this is the case for Rune of Speed, as it is for any movement speed buff.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

@Derenaya.3479 said:So I didn‘t want to open a new thread since this one is kinda about the same thing. I really enjoy Power Rev in sPvP and like the stats I get with the meta build (marauder/leadership) thus I‘d like to get the the same stats in WvW aswell. Since WvW is very different than sPvP (talking about damage etc.) is that even viable or what should I go for in your opinion? And I never built a set for WvW so can I just choose marauder stats and I‘ll have the same stats as with the marauder amulet in sPvP?

Afaik mara/leadership is still viable. Although most power revs are not going to run full mara. Spvp amulets have less stats overall compared to pve/wvw stat sets.

Archived