Is there no Stuck Command yet?

Farming Shards (for the Petey Food) in Domain of Kournan and I got stuck on a slope in the north with a rock enemy. just let me say /Stuck works great in SWTOR but not at all here. Can you please code that in? That is a long trek of several minutes of getting back to where I was so I just gave up.

PS...what did you do to the forums? I tried to search this topic but man, could not make heads or tails out of the 1 + 116 pages. Why fix what's not broken?

There is such a command, /stuck.It's mostly there to make it easy to report terrain glitch bugs, not to make it easier for you to return to the nearest stable location.

In instances, the game will wait, try to get you out, and place you somewhere else. In open world, ANet's decided it's more trouble than it's worth to try to put you near where you got stuck.

• ArenaNet Staff

You can use /stuck, but you should be aware that using this command will reset you to the start of the instance. From there, you should "die" and retry from an instance checkpoint. Doing this will allow you to progress. Note: As commented in this thread, after typing /stuck, do not touch your mouse or keyboard for 30 seconds, to confirm enabling that command.

We are looking into fixing the /stuck command to send you to the most recent checkpoint rather than sending you to the start.

Thanks to @Cameron Rich.3905 for this information. :D

• 2 weeks later...

@grommie.6107 said:Thanks you'all. I wasn't aware of the 30 seconds no input or 2 min between command.its just frustrating the waiting....impatient when game play is limited.

I know what you mean. A while ago when I played in Ember Bay more frequently, the destroyer boss would do that AoE pull attack and often pull me into the terrain under where he was standing. I had tried the /stuck command, but didn't know about the 30 second wait so would keep moving around trying to escape the wall I was stuck in. Also since I was in combat, I couldn't waypoint out. Knowing about the 30 second wait with no input is definitely helpful.

@"Lottie.5370" said:If you turn on the chat option "Game Messages - Miscellaneous" it will say "your position has been logged" or something and tell you not to move for 30 seconds whilst you are ported out.

I most often turn off Game Msgs in Chat. But will create a Chat Tab for just this type of wordage. Thanks

Archived