Was Griffin Mount Added Too Early

jwaz.1908

In my opinion, the Griffin mount was added too early to the game. Many players feel that it was a complete mistake to add a "flying" mount to Guild Wars 2, but I think it would have been better received if ANET slowly hinted at it within game, and adding it and its' associated masteries through living world episodes. The problem with the current implementation is that it encourages players to rush through the new maps/content; and when they do acquire the mount, it makes all the previous maps/content feel lackluster. It would have been better if ANET allowed players a few weeks to soak in all the new content, adding the Griffin in the first living world episode to bring new life to POF (since many people would have started getting burnt out). Then they could have started adding the Griffin's masteries with each of the following LW episodes, so players could slowly unlock its' true potential (aka fighter jet mode). Just my opinion, feel free to share your thoughts on the subject.

TL:DR - ANET should have added the Griffin and its masteries slowly through LW episodes.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:I like this idea, but pof expansion was already pretty empty in terms of endgame content.IMO griffon could have been lw4 mount If there was like 1dungeon/world boss/meta event etc in pof

I definitely agree POF could have used a world boss/meta! I also think they should have released three legendary weapons (or other pieces of gear) for players to work towards like they did in HOT, which would encourage players to do daily hearts and other content more than once. Additionally, they could have created end game collections for the other four mounts, which could require completing the daily heart for that specific mount, and reward players with an "enhanced" mount appearance (more heavily armored, decorated saddle etc...).

After some consideration i might actually never even get that Griffon, as fine a mount as it is.

Aside from the gold cost (that i'd rather use to buy gems to enhance my account), I know myself well enough to realise i 'll be spending way to much time idle-flying around.

Maybe at some point in the future i'll dedicate time and resources to it, but for now i choose a bunch of other stuff over a 'tummy-tickler'.

Not to mention the groundwork skipping.

All of the mounts add something to the game for me. The raptor is most frequently used for me.

In my opinion it's given the previous content a new lease of life, as I wasn't a map completionist before but am now. Core Tyria is showing a lot of activity and it's really nice to see. :)

@cygnus.8913 said:All of the mounts add something to the game for me. The raptor is most frequently used for me.

In my opinion it's given the previous content a new lease of life, as I wasn't a map completionist before but am now. Core Tyria is showing a lot of activity and it's really nice to see. :)

I agree that Mounts have enhanced core Tyria and even Heart of Thorns, I just feel like the Griffin was added prematurely.

Archived