Silly Question: What does ALT + 2 do? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Silly Question: What does ALT + 2 do?

Hello, all,

Key bindings is a reflex :) In WoW, I have bound "Mount" with ALT + 2 since... beginning of times.

So it still happens often in GW2 that when I want to mount, as a reflex, I press ALT + 2. And then, I invariably get the message: "You cannot set or clear markers without the commander present in this map"

So it ended bugging me: What am I asking GW2 to do when I press ALT + 2 and what does this message mean?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards,

Scorpyo

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

In Options under the mouse icon all the way at the bottom is the list for key bindings for the commander markers. Just unbind them.

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• altermaven.7385altermaven.7385 Member ✭✭✭

You can replace keybinds. ALT+2 is tied to squad marking. You can shift these 0-9 to use the number pad (which shows up as NUM 0 - NUM 9), and you can appropriate your ALT+2 for mount. If you're not in a squad with available commander, then squad markers can't do anything.

As @Loosmaster.8263 has stated, chances are rebinds don't overwrite existing ones, in which case you will have to rebind the other key, or unbind them.

"I may not have my shinies anymore, but I'm still an honorary skritt!"
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast.

• Thank you very much @altermaven.7385 and @Loosmaster.8263 :)

Regards,

Scorpyo

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.