[ Suggestion ] How to fix mesmers in pvp without nerf. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[ Suggestion ] How to fix mesmers in pvp without nerf.

Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 8, 2019 in PVP

1) Let all pro-skilled mesmer-players compete with each other.
2) Let all other players enjoy pvp once more without that ridiculously OP class.



No one gets nerfed and everyone will be happy! :)
It's win-win !

Comments

  • Funny as it is, I sort of like-ish this idea. They could also just put a limit of 2 or 3 clones/phantasms/illusions summed up.

  • Just revert the phantasm changes.

  • revert boonshare nerfs

    Nerf is over the hill !

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭

    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

    How about a class restricted queue?
    Match all tempests, Weavers and core elementalists together sort of thing, could be fun lol

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

    Or:

    .....................................

  • Although this is a joke, this is everything I've wanted since I started playing GW2.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Every class its own queue, atleast than it would be more about knowing your class than getting "outskilled" by the "op due to the last patch" - class

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

    How about a class restricted queue?
    Match all tempests, Weavers and core elementalists together sort of thing, could be fun lol

    We need a brawl type meant to be for fun.
    THIS WEEK EVERYONE HAVE TO PLAY CORE ELEMENTALISTS!
    NEXT WEEK ARE CORE REVENANTS! (for everyone even who dont even own expansions)
    Just third line would be locked on elite spec
    Etc .
    Conquest/ deathmatch 5x5 .
    This for sure would be something new ,each week

  • that would be a blessing. let those obnoxious kids play with each other and see how they like it. maybe then they will reconsider their naughty behavior.

  • @Miles Smiles.8951 said:
    that would be a blessing. let those obnoxious kids play with each other and see how they like it. maybe then they will reconsider their naughty behavior.

    Start with your behaviour first, obnoxious kid that play revenant

  • DaShi.1368DaShi.1368 Member ✭✭✭

    OMG! I've wanted this for rangers in all game modes since beta.

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @SteepledHat.1345 said:
    Just revert the phantasm changes.

    I made a thread on this a while back. The rework was terrible for the classes design. The more time goes on the more obvious this becomes.

    The problem is they transformed Mesmer from a thinking mans class that required clones and phantasms as a form of resource management into a class that is actually rewarded for skill spam. It would be like if they made it so Rev weapon skills generated energy instead of used energy ( A common noob request in the rev forums ) , you would very quickly see Rev go from one of the highest skill floor classes in the game to one that just brainlessly spams weapon skills to funnel into infinite utility. By making Phantasms have no limit and turn into clones once spent, even top ranked 1700+ mesmers and MAT winners have now adopted a playstyle of rotating defenses while spamming phantasms. These top players will even keep spamming while I am sitting there blocking, because why not? What exactly do mesmers lose now that nearly all their skills now act as a setup for their burst? Nothing. The only difference between a good mesmer and bad one now is that bad ones don't know how to do their timing and rotations properly, so they screw up and die and mistake their inability to play the class as evidence that it's fine and needs no changes.

    I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Anet should seriously consider reverting all Mesmer changes to pre-PoF and then starting from square one on their rework. The result of everything they have done to this class in the past year is an absolute mess.

  • @McZero.5318 said:
    Although this is a joke, this is everything I've wanted since I started playing GW2.

    But this isn't a joke. OP really wants to delete the purple butterfly profession:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Or:

    .....................................

    :'(

    “People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.”
    ― Andrew Smith

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

    @McZero.5318 said:
    Although this is a joke, this is everything I've wanted since I started playing GW2.

    But this isn't a joke. OP really wants to delete the purple butterfly profession:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Or:

    .....................................

    :'(

    Nah that is extreme precautions.
    I think this would be enough:

    I'm really sick of fighting mesmers in pvp. I'm sick of people still defending it. How it's require skill. I got lvl 1 power mirage in lobby. Even average intelligent monkey can handle that class. I consider my self as mesmer noob and still i can delete whole group in spvp from 1200 range. Without worrying that someone try to engage me coz im really immortal/untouchbale.

    I realized that rare pvp match without any mesmer is really fun.
    It's not joke its truth that's how i comes to this idea.

    All other classes that people complain about are highly predictable and fighting them is clear and straightforward.

    Like core guardian. His zerg combo. There is blue light beam from sky and than port with whirlwind. Just dodge of block.

    Same with holosmith effect. Where you need to keep on mind of unblockable attack still easy to dodge.

    Deadeye stacking malice. then you know very well you have to avoid Death's Judgment.

    Same with soulbeast port to close range or even going invisible toward you. YOu know exactly what's going on... Worldly Impact inc.

    etc...

    all other classes have downtime for burst or sustain.

    But here is no counter play against mirage mesmer. its constant damage pressure. Its infinite chasing untouchable/immune disappearing-target with hight burst damage or ultimate deadly condi spam.

    and than pople playing mesmer complain.. Don't nerf them it will be unplayable! This class is faaar from unplayable! and should be nerfed hard!

    Try to image separate pvp games with and without mesmers. Nobody would ever play with them anymore! And i would like to see their salty faces playing against mesmers all time in pvp with mesmers only.

    Don't get me wrong. I don't even want to complain about it anymore. I do not want to be just negative. New "all or nothing" story was great! I like game i like pvp. But when opposite team gets two good mesmers i just want to hit leave pvp button. There is soo many post about mesmers in pvp that anet must be aware of this issues. So i just having fun making this post.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

    Then necromancers would be unable to compete in pvp since we need firebrands to survive, unless you are willing to buff necros sustain outside of shroud so they can hold their own alone, which I would love to have btw.

    Also isn't this sort of exclusivism bad for the game?

    ) Let all pro-skilled mesmer-players compete with each other.
    2) Let all other players enjoy pvp once more without that ridiculously OP class.

    No one gets nerfed and everyone will be happy!
    It's win-win !

    They probably should nerf dmg and split the skill values in pvp for burst. We shouldn't be doing 15 to 20k instant bursts, as that is seriously bad for pvp, especially if you cannot see it coming such as from deadeyes.

    We maybe should have the values in my opinion of hot dmg instead of having more than that, since it allows counter plays. What is in my opinion wrong of this game is the lack of counterplay to hard counter builds. If someone such as a Mesmer hard counters you, there should be a chance that you can win by outmaneuvering him and outsmarting him or her. Instead, its a 1 sided coin for the most part where the hard counter player has to be really bad to lose to you, because if he knows even a little, you instantly lose, and this is why I don't like pvp in this game. I think that hard counters need to be nerfed so that one thing doesn't hard counter as much as it used to.It counters that other build, but you can still outplay them. Having a necro who has little to no chance to win vs a deadeye or Mesmer just sucks.

    Also: I feel like necromancers are heading towards the wow style of immobile turret casters. We got nerfed in sustain and there could be other casters heading towards that ideal, and a fair warning, since wow is getting criticism now for having immobile turret casters, that a lot of folks are complaining about it, some are quitting.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

    Then necromancers would be unable to compete in pvp since we need firebrands to survive

    Thats the point. I dont want to take part in aids fiesta full of nercomancer+firebrand OP bs.
    I wont read your further tears about how necro without super carry firebrand just as I dont need to mention how broken these 2 together

    Let all other players enjoy pvp once more without that ridiculously OP class.

    FB is ridiculously OP class hence why must be excluded from the Q or nerfed tremendously so its doesnt have literally everything in the game

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Can I get separate que without firebrands/guardians/thieves etc?
    We need 5renegade vs 5renegade q as well!

    Then necromancers would be unable to compete in pvp since we need firebrands to survive

    Thats the point. I dont want to take part in aids fiesta full of nercomancer+firebrand OP bs.
    I wont read your further tears about how necro without super carry firebrand just as I dont need to mention how broken these 2 together

    No

    What you are proposing would prevent any players from being able to play pvp. Your idea is classist and wrong. I am not asking for warriors to be ruined by nerfs or holosmith or deadeyes or having mirage nerfed into the ground or even soulbeast.

    Also not all necros are condi as you say, especially reaper who is power.

    What if for instance the class you played was nerfed into the ground and prevented from participating in pvp? there would be an outrage from players and it would make pvp even worse and cause people to quit pvp and possibly the game. People are already quitting pvp, and its not because of necromancers.

    You want to know the real reason? its because of instant bursts without tells and spamming boons invulns, its a complete joke. ANET should not listen to you, because it is bad advice, instead they should try to make more variety of builds viable and try to make it so that classes can outplay each other, and that would require nerfing dmg across the board in pvp, ccs boons dots etc.

    Insta kill burst=Anti Fun, especially if you cannot see where its coming. Even if you have a lot of windup and to prepare, its still a bad idea to have one shot builds.

    All i have to mention is how many people talk about mesmers Soulbeast warriors for instance and holosmiths as the culprits. Even Revenants are somewhat guilty.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • @Axl.8924 said:
    What you are proposing would prevent any players from being able to play pvp. ?

    Who are that everyone? You are on high? FB is super god tier support and none come even close . It must be nerfed to ground aka made to be on par with druid/tempest(chrono support is dead ,always kinda been dead but now its finished off for sure)
    Never said anything about condi or power ,both variants are strong AF and broken with a firebrand.
    My idea ?Its truth . Never been a day without FB being out of meta for some reason . Team with a FB have huge adavnatage over tea without firebrand and its even worse when that FB team have a necromancer on top .
    Your whining about deleting mesmer from the game is fine and let this 2 f*ck pvp further is absolutely genius idea while I dont want this to happen is bad .
    Get lost from my sight, you are overly biased pig

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    This going of topic. You need to calm down.
    In mmorpgs games there was/are/will be some classes more powerful than another.. it's just normal.
    Overall class balance isn't that bad. Just mesmers are beyond normal unbalance. And it's for couple of months.. Other classes getting nerfed so hard like my favorite warrior 75% counter damage. While mesmers still surviving without any drastic nerfs which that class really need! It's just superior pvp class and it's even more powefull each time other classes getting nerfed and fighting them is really annoying and hopeless.

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:
    This going of topic. You need to calm down.
    In mmorpgs games there was/are/will be some classes more powerful than another.. it's just normal.
    Overall class balance isn't that bad. Just mesmers are beyond normal unbalance. And it's for couple of months.. Other classes getting nerfed so hard like my favorite warrior 75% counter damage. While mesmers still surviving without any drastic nerfs which that class really need! It's just superior pvp class and it's even more powefull each time other classes getting nerfed and fighting them is really annoying and hopeless.

    How can you really go off-topic to a non-serious thread?

    You also seem like the type of player who plays a class that stands still, pushes all buttons, and expects to win.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:
    What you are proposing would prevent any players from being able to play pvp. ?

    Who are that everyone? You are on high? FB is super god tier support and none come even close . It must be nerfed to ground aka made to be on par with druid/tempest(chrono support is dead ,always kinda been dead but now its finished off for sure)
    Never said anything about condi or power ,both variants are strong AF and broken with a firebrand.
    My idea ?Its truth . Never been a day without FB being out of meta for some reason . Team with a FB have huge adavnatage over tea without firebrand and its even worse when that FB team have a necromancer on top .
    Your whining about deleting mesmer from the game is fine and let this 2 f*ck pvp further is absolutely genius idea while I dont want this to happen is bad .
    Get lost from my sight, you are overly biased pig

    You were asking necros to be unviable and excluded, which is class prejudice.

    As for mesmers: I don't want them to be unviable or wrecked, I just want to see different builds become a thing. I wanted to see more builds come in.

    The way reaper is now, they cannot survive by themselves without extreme babysitting, due to how vulnerable they are to being ranged and lack of mobility and decent sustain, especially since they got nerfed in both dmg and sustain. You want to talk about class balance? ok then if you nerf firebrand, give necromancers invulns outside reaper shroud enough to survive and escape, otherwise there is no talking point. Ever since we got nerfed in sustain and given soul barbs, it made us far too predictable and even easier to counter. Give us some tools to outplay spellbreaker mirage OP soulbeasts, holosmiths and deadeyes.

    Also you mention tempests, but they could use some QOL improvements.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @phokus.8934 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    This going of topic. You need to calm down.
    In mmorpgs games there was/are/will be some classes more powerful than another.. it's just normal.
    Overall class balance isn't that bad. Just mesmers are beyond normal unbalance. And it's for couple of months.. Other classes getting nerfed so hard like my favorite warrior 75% counter damage. While mesmers still surviving without any drastic nerfs which that class really need! It's just superior pvp class and it's even more powefull each time other classes getting nerfed and fighting them is really annoying and hopeless.

    How can you really go off-topic to a non-serious thread?

    You also seem like the type of player who plays a class that stands still, pushes all buttons, and expects to win.

    Ofc you can. Even if it is non-serious suggestion. Message is clear!
    It's clearly against mesmers in some kind of sarcastic way.

    and pls if you don't like it consider to keep it for your self instead of insulting me who i'm what i expect ..or be specific. Especially when you don't know me.

  • @Luna.6203
    These are some funny memes, I'll give you that.

    Have you tried fighting mesmers with Boon Beast, Conversion Holo, or even core Guardian? From reading and from personal experience, these seem to counter mesmer quite well. If a profession has at least three hard-counters, can it really be said they have no counter-play?

    “People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.”
    ― Andrew Smith

  • Luna.6203Luna.6203 Member ✭✭✭

    @Twilight Tempest.7584 said:
    @Luna.6203
    These are some funny memes, I'll give you that.

    Have you tried fighting mesmers with Boon Beast, Conversion Holo, or even core Guardian? From reading and from personal experience, these seem to counter mesmer quite well. If a profession has at least three hard-counters, can it really be said they have no counter-play?

    Yeah i have best possible mesmer-counter. I got mesmer.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.