Bug Reports: LWS4 Episode 5: All or Nothing — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Bug Reports: LWS4 Episode 5: All or Nothing

In the event you have a bug to report about Episode 5, please post it here to enable developers and QA to easily read through any such reports.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<134

Comments

• Lara Dark Com.6850Lara Dark Com.6850 Member
    edited January 8, 2019

Can anyone else not load the game? I log in and press play and nothing loads... Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same? (edit: ignore this, I think it was due to another application being open and it wouldn't load.. it's fine now :) )

• Dino.3680Dino.3680 Member ✭✭

The dialogue at the start of the episode has a echo to it making it sound like i am standing far away inside a cave listening to other people talk. It is also very low in volume.
    I have tried restarting the game but that did not help.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

Used up all my Armor and Weapon Unlocks (had over 60, so THANKS <3 ), and one nameless weapon unlocked.

Shows "Skin Unlocked" in chat with no name displayed afterwards. Guess there is still some fixing to be done?

Said "sword" also has a funny preview of some type of Kurzick mace...

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• I could play the game easily five minutes before the patch. But now when I click play, it looks like it's about to go the the character select screen, it now crashes instead, and continues to do so no matter how many times I try.

Northern Shiverpeaks. Niicholai (Dragon Hunter), Faust Deathfang (Holosmith), Xaltos Dildge (Soulbeast.)

• Using the portal scroll to Jahai Bluffs took me to the new LWS4 Ep 5 map.

• Is their no Home instance node or did i just missed it? It doesn't seem to apear on the Vendor for me :o

• Ari.4672Ari.4672 Member ✭✭

No home instance node for me either but my wife can see it...

• The vendor that sells the Diviner recipes does not sell the diviner insignia or a recipe for it. I bought the armor recipes but cant craft any of them

• Dmon.2089Dmon.2089 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

About the home instance node.
    It doesn't appear to me either, and I remember it happening to me too with the previous episode. Couldn't get it till it was patched. (In case that's happening to the same people and that helps)

• In the section of The Crystal Dragon mission where the dredge blow a hole in the wall, my boyfriend got stuck under the rubble that fell, with no way to get out because of collision walls, and we had to end up leaving and restarting the mission to allow him to continue forward.

• Missing Diviner Stats on Mist Pendant, Mist Band , Mist Talisman (purchased from the Golem BUY 2046- PFR)

• @OpiumRagDoll.1086 said:
    Missing Diviner Stats on Mist Pendant, Mist Band , Mist Talisman (purchased from the Golem BUY 2046- PFR)

Yup missing diviner on the mist trinkets and missing the diviner armor insignia from the vendor

• game disconnected me twice at what i assume is last cutscene of the crystal dragon story instance

• No home instance node for me at vendor either

• after completing Scion & Champ I was teleported back to Durmand Priory and not Thunderhead. so yeah not sure what to do here. reloaded the game, tried quitting the chapter to restart but nothing. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

At Scion & Champion, the text "Begin Third Trial" popped back as a star instead of a flag as completed when you progress the steps after. This didn't stop the progress however.

• I have the same problem with home instance node (Dragon Crystal).
    My wife and brother can see it, but I don't

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

Rhoban's Priory Scan guns bug out if you are on story step "Test the power of the Dragonsblood weapons against the branded."

Steps to replicate:
    1. Grab a Scan gun - do NOT complete heart
    2. Complete story step "Forge Dragon's blood weapon" it will direct you to the Deldrimor Ruins
    3. Go back to Deldrimor Ruins to complete Renowned Heart and Story step at the same time
    4. The Priory will not permit you to grab a new Scan Gun or interact with dig sites. Although you have the Dragonsblood Weapons equipped; the NPCs think you have the Scan guns equipped

Workaround -- Logout to different character/Login to glitched character and pick up a scan gun. You will be able to complete the heart but you will lose the Dragonsblood weapon. Once you finish the Renowned Heart, go back to The Forge and you can pick up the Spear again for the story

Edited to add spoiler tags

• @Rumil.1630 said:
    Is their no Home instance node or did i just missed it? It doesn't seem to apear on the Vendor for me :o

There is a new node, but somehow not visible to everyone. My theory is that it is only visible to players who have NOT farmed their home instance yet... so check again after daily reset and i think the node will be buyable.

• While player character was talking, when zooming in it made the voice seem like it was coming from someone else in the distance

• ZerotheFang.5890ZerotheFang.5890 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

i am loading players faster then npcs, also i can hear a skritt but no see him and i can be in middle of nowhere when it does it. also one of the mastery points is not giving notes when you talk to him he just sits there and nothing after he gives the flute.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

No home node for sale here, either. Yes, I've farmed my home nodes this reset. I have all of the LS home nodes, Black Lion nodes, and the garden plots.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• The home instance node didn't show before I went to to my home instance for the first time, nor after harvesting and returning.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

Friend doing story with me kept having game crash during last cutscene. Currently she's trying solo to see if it is because I was there.

• Eirian Direstorm.9748Eirian Direstorm.9748 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

I can't finish Crystal Blooms because when

I attune with Aurene and release the magic, nothing happens.

Am I missing something, or is it a bug?

• Xilryn.3051Xilryn.3051 Member
    edited January 8, 2019

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:
    In the section of The Crystal Dragon mission where the dredge blow a hole in the wall, my boyfriend got stuck under the rubble that fell, with no way to get out because of collision walls, and we had to end up leaving and restarting the mission to allow him to continue forward.

Same thing happened to the party leader in the group I was with. /stuck also doesn't help because you can't use Aurene's power to get back anymore.

Also, while activating the 2nd crystal on the Kralkatorrik fight, a party member and I stood close to the elder dragon (assuming we'd have to throw spears at him again) while the party leader activated the crystal. Kralkatorrik crashed down towards us and got us stuck in/below him.

• Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

So for the final story instance, if you are not story owner you do not get achievements.

• At the very first part of the Scion and Champion instance, while absorbing the volatile magic. There are multiple times I tried where Aurene just keeps absorbing even though its already done and the instance won't move on to the next part at all.

• After going through the trials in glints cave I was ported to back to the durmond priory and told to speak to ogden. But i cant find the entrance to the new map and all the videos Ive seen so far had the people autoported to the proper map. help

• crazyhusky.2985crazyhusky.2985 Member ✭✭✭

There is No home node for sale here at the Voilatile Magic Exchange Vendor.

• Also teleported back to the Priory after getting disconnected and am unable to continue.

• +1 for me (French acount in Augury Rock). Home instance node is not available...

1546983844-gw2.jpg

• Rivid.9628Rivid.9628 Member ✭✭

Can't complete The Crystal Dragon- Assault on Kralkatorrik, when the cutscene finishes the game disconnects me.

• Have crashed out of game 2 times during what I assume is the final cut scene in the last story instance. I was party leader and solo once and other time I went with 4 other people and one of them was the leader(they all finished ,only I crashed out). Also missing the home instance node from the volatile magic vendor when everyone else I am playing with can see and purchase it just fine.

• @Rivid.9628 said:
    Can't complete The Crystal Dragon- Assault on Kralkatorrik, when the cutscene finishes the game disconnects me.

Thanks for these reports. We are looking into this situation!

Gaile Gray

• @inkpot.6980 said:
    The home instance node didn't show before I went to to my home instance for the first time, nor after harvesting and returning.

Yes, this is known and will be corrected soon.

Gaile Gray

• @Dominezero.3208 said:
    Using the portal scroll to Jahai Bluffs took me to the new LWS4 Ep 5 map.

Working on this one!

Gaile Gray

• @CJtheBigBear.9610 said:
    In the section of The Crystal Dragon mission where the dredge blow a hole in the wall, my boyfriend got stuck under the rubble that fell, with no way to get out because of collision walls, and we had to end up leaving and restarting the mission to allow him to continue forward.

We're aware of this, and sorry for your boyfriend's untimely death! We will get this fixed ASAP.

Gaile Gray

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Dominezero.3208 said:
    Using the portal scroll to Jahai Bluffs took me to the new LWS4 Ep 5 map.

Same problem for me. I hadn't even done any of the story or stepped foot on the new map yet. I was actually going to Jahai because I have to finish the previous episode lol.

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭

Racing Scarf lost on its color. It now shines too much and all colors look really pale on it.

And oil for the Dredge machines is buggy and sometimes doesn't trigger when fired up >>

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

Using Teleport to Friend on somebody on Hammer's Hoard Point of Interest clips you underneath the map :)

• Also hearing a Skritt all over the snowy parts of the map talking about Light of Deldrimor over and over :D

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

@ZerotheFang.5890 said:
    i am loading players faster then npcs, also i can hear a skritt but no see him and i can be in middle of nowhere when it does it. also one of the mastery points is not giving notes when you talk to him he just sits there and nothing after he gives the flute.

I agree the flute thing was confusing. No, you have to play this.... sound fragment.... I needed to use the wiki now.

I agree on the skritt, hear him a lot with his math of shinies but never see him (appearantly hes part of some achievement but would still be nice to see a skritt now and then).

• Angel.8517Angel.8517 Member
    edited January 9, 2019

Disconnected 3 times on the last cut scene with popup message.
    "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)"
    Disconnected for the 4th time. :anguished:
    5th time after a build patch..

• Crashed twice on The Crystal Blooms right after Caithe says "She's trying to tell us something". The game freezes and does not repond.

• In "Resonance", when trying to get the reflector dish to the south, the oil barrels will bug and not spill oil. Sometimes oil barrels won't spill after a while or at all, even when trying to pick up a new barrel to continue the spill line. Because this is a timed action, previous oil spills will disappear before the new ones even register, making me unable to progress through the story.

• I talked to Forge Master Hilina and told to check on my friends 3 points appeared on my and I was told to Leave the Keep to find them. I had to leave the game when I returned my quest log only tells me to do the next step Speak to the dredge.

• @Aleaxita.2041 said:
    In "Resonance", when trying to get the reflector dish to the south, the oil barrels will bug and not spill oil. Sometimes oil barrels won't spill after a while or at all, even when trying to pick up a new barrel to continue the spill line. Because this is a timed action, previous oil spills will disappear before the new ones even register, making me unable to progress through the story.

You may be having a legit but, and if so I apologize, but there is a max limit to the length of your oil line (6-7 patches). The southern one you need to direct the line THROUGH the fence, because the fire will chain through it even if you can't walk through.

• @Zarathorn.8259 said:

@Aleaxita.2041 said:
    In "Resonance", when trying to get the reflector dish to the south, the oil barrels will bug and not spill oil. Sometimes oil barrels won't spill after a while or at all, even when trying to pick up a new barrel to continue the spill line. Because this is a timed action, previous oil spills will disappear before the new ones even register, making me unable to progress through the story.

You may be having a legit but, and if so I apologize, but there is a max limit to the length of your oil line (6-7 patches). The southern one you need to direct the line THROUGH the fence, because the fire will chain through it even if you can't walk through.

The oil thing I didn't know, but map chat helped clarify that. However, I still was having trouble getting the oil down -- the workaround I found was to mount up and down, and then it would work again. But back in LS3E5 at the volcano, I never had this problem, so... I'm assuming something is wrong here with the oil mechanics in general. I actually tried the fence, and it never went through (twice when I'd TEST it it'd work, but never a straight line...), and managed to stretch out 7 patches around the corner to get it. Still terribly aggravating.

Not to mention, the meta event splattered oil elementals everywhere at one point...

• JKnapp.3504JKnapp.3504 Member
    edited January 9, 2019

Wife and I are in the middle of the first mission part, where you have to defeat the Branded Aurene. the Branded aurene took off, then aurene chased after it im guessing. neither one has come back, we killed the remaining branded, and have been waiting about 5 minutes for something to happen and posting this..

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.